• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokemon Crono - English Beta 2 released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsukiyo

Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
Years
I cannot get the file to patch properly...>.o;
EDIT: Nevermind...xD!
EDIT 2: Nope, froze right after I got past the 'Press Start' screen.

Last edited:

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
dam. how should i know if dante is the one saying there will be a release lol :P cant trust anyone right now ^_^

Samieniceguy :)
^^"
I always keep the promises ;)

Awesome work! How do you make a shiny pokemon appear everytime when scripting?

...And(i dont no if this is ur secret or something) how do you change the position of the camera in the game?
thx ^^
to move the camera you must use the comand
special 0x113
applymovement 0x7F @(...)
waitmovement 0x0
special 0x114

stop moaning l he's doing the best he can. And so what if he got the date wrong. is it the end of the world ? no. does it bother you that much. just wait and be patient. like i am.

also great game like i said before. And have you got an estimate on what gym this would go up to ? if its secret that's okay ;)
thanks friend..
your words are wise..
however as it regards the gym..
there won't be in the beta 1.
unfortunately because of my little leisure time I have had to reduce the beta 1.
but I assure you that in the beta 2 there will be the gym ^^

Where? WAH?
Creater by U or Xiros?

PoKéMoN Crono Beta 1!!
http://www.mediafire.com/?r1wymzympty
Xiros is my friend..
he has said that he will surely put my hack on the site of WAH..
only that to the moment there is a small bug and therefore to the moment it is not possible to put it on the site.
for this motive I preferred not to put the link of the download on Pokecommunity..
but no problem.

well, i like it.
The language is english.
yes..
thank you..

Hey Dante don't be angry. I just said that I wouldn't recommend making a release date. That's all.
=====> Goes to play now <=====
you have not perhaps understood me..
mine didn't want to be a reproach..
I have simply said that your affirmation was wrong because the downolad there was.
I am not and I was not angry ;)
however thank you for your support :)

Wow i love this!Im so supporting this.You are using ruby i see.Good luck!
ok..
thank you ^^

Well, this is the most planned hack I've seen. The graphics totally rock, and so do the scripts.
But there is one thing: I had my POOCHYENA but after meeting LANCE it disappeared...
EDIT: There were a lot of unknown specials in the LANCE script so I deleted them. Works perfectly now.
But, what to do after the Red Gyarados event? LANCE caught GYARADOS, then I got teleported to some unknown place and then into my house, but I cannot go out because it's night. What to do?
it is true..
this is the motive for which I didn't want immediately to put the link of the downolad on Pokecommunity.
however as you have justly said you..
all it takes is eliminating the special 0x8E and the script it will correctly work..
On Wah the bug Fixed will go to release..
however at the end..
after the dream..
the player will find him again to his house..
during the night..
and it will decide to go to Draken Ville..
unfortunately this is the end of the beta 1.
I know that it is very short.. but I repeat..
I have had problems of time.

I cannot get the file to patch properly...>.o;
EDIT: Nevermind...xD!
EDIT 2: Nope, froze right after I got past the 'Press Start' screen.
ok ^^"
=======================================================
p_poppo.gif
UPDATES

Atthe moment there are no updatings.
only..
soon the bug FIXED will be available.

I ask to the Administrators to Move the thread of Pokemon Crono in the section Hack Showcase
because my hack has a beta..
and I think that there are also enough SCREENS XD

(I hope that my hack can participate in the HOTM of April ^^)

and I also ask to change the name of the topic in:
HOTW #54: PoKéMoN Crono (Beta 1 AVAILABLE)
Thanks

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Word of advice maybe you should PM your request to an Admin or Mod. It will get spotted and therefore moved much quicker ;)

Tsukiyo

Years
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried several different Ruby roms, two different patching programs, and renaming the ISP. Nothing has worked. (The closest I've gotten is getting to the Start screen, before it froze.)

Any advice?

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2009
Hey Dante,
Would you mind attaching the patch in here as well? I cannot download from mediafire for some reason

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
when i go to urban city, i talked to gym leder.
And the event teach me how to catch pokemon was actived. ==>This is a bug.

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2021
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried several different Ruby roms, two different patching programs, and renaming the ISP. Nothing has worked. (The closest I've gotten is getting to the Start screen, before it froze.)

Any advice?

Easy, the name of the patch there the E in pokEmon is a italian signal
Replace the E from the italian signal to E in english signal
Thats will help you

I can't use the 128K save type this is not help me to play..

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
Word of advice maybe you should PM your request to an Admin or Mod. It will get spotted and therefore moved much quicker ;)
ok ^^
thank you..

This looks so interesting, with the dream, and the garydos.
Awesome!
thx Solebro

Any advice?
I have created a tutorial about this in the first post of this hack
I hope that can help you

Hey Dante,
Would you mind attaching the patch in here as well? I cannot download from mediafire for some reason
yeah..
sure ;)

well, you updated beta1 bug fixed.
thank you.
there is already in the first post :)

Easy, the name of the patch there the E in pokEmon is a italian signal
Replace the E from the italian signal to E in english signal
Thats will help you

I can't use the 128K save type this is not help me to play..
mmm
why you can't use the 128K save??
====================================================
p_poppo.gif
UPDATES!
Pokèmon Crono is finally in the Hack Showcase!!
Does this mean that now also my hack can participate in the HOTM of April??
I don't sincerely know it..
however I've released the bug Fixed in the first post!
I have fixed the scirpt of LANCE and I have closed the road that brings to URBAN CITY.
in reality it was not my intention to include this city and not even Porto VALLUM in the beta 1..
however I had forgotten to close that road XD
I hope that now, with the bug fixed there are not problems.
If you notice some other bug signal it to me with an image (so that me I succeed in understanding better).
Thanks

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2021
Dude I cant play in 128K and 64K save type.. i dont know what the problem..
It's steel a white screen..

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2010
Very nice.
The palettes are awesome and in really like the
tiles for inside the house.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2016
the part where you edited the wally event was very creative. i still have more to watch but i am very impressed.

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2023
Great Job

This is a rather amazing hack, it is quite obvious you are very good at scripting. I will have to play the Beta soon.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2016
I'm not sure if this was said yet and if it happens to everyone, but I found a weird glitch. It was just after talking to Lance and heading back home to make the delivery when I noticed it. I had walked into a patch of grass and had a void Pokemon... No HP, no image... Just a blank Pokemon...

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2010
Heya,

Unfortunately for me with no$gba i get a rom image crash and with VBA it dsnt do anything at all, not even white, just black ^^

edit: And yes i did what was said on the first page, i'm running vista, still just crashing. I have used two seperate rom bases which worked fine by themselves without the ips patch.

I used the lunar ips patch proggy

Last edited:

Tsukiyo

Years
I tried your suggestion, but I'm still getting the white screen.
EDIT: Okay, I finally got it figured out.

Your game is in serious need of some proofreading! The overabundance of errors completely interferes with the overall experience of the game. I understand that English is not your first language, but that is no excuse for releasing a beta before even making a decent attempt at fixing those errors, whether you're the one fixing them or you make an effort to find someone who will.

With that said, I haven't gotten very far in the game, but I've already encountered several errors:

1. When you're chasing the Poochyena, after the point where you jump down the ledge, if you continue to chase it, a shadow (or something resembling one) appears beneath it for a split second.

2. This one is actually a script error (or, more specifically, something that wasn't changed from the original script that should have been): if you select what I assume is a poster on the wall in the lab, it says something about it being a computer that you shouldn't mess with.

3. When you're chasing after the Arcanine thieves, the second trainer you encounter, a Bug Catcher, has to actually be spoken to before the fight is initiated. The same thing happens with the female trainer.

4. The policeman who tells you that you can't go into the forest(?) without a Pokemon continues to say so even after you've caught the Poochyena.

5. Perhaps this was intentional, but nothing happens when you attempt to speak to the guy in the lab when he and Mr. Rufus are examining the poster (which apparently isn't a poster, but looks like one). The 'ping' sound is made, but he doesn't say anything.

6. I assumed (possibly incorrectly) that Mr. Rufus was the owner of the lab in the town you start out in. However, the aide behind the counter states that it belongs to Prof. Birch. (Well, technically he says that Birch is out, which is why I'm thinking that I could be mistaken.)

8. The boulders the Machoke in the Yard of Red Ville are carrying briefly turn into boxes when they move. They also make the 'ping' sound when you talk to them, but don't actually...er...say anything.

9. You can walk on (and through, in some cases) the walls, counter, goods, and tree in the Pokemon Mart in Red Ville.

10. I encountered a rather odd glitch during a battle with the Fisherman in Red Ville. This occurred right after walking on the walls in the mart, and in every battle afterward. The first indication of the glitch is the blank where the name of the Pokemon should be when the battle starts (right before it is sent out). When it is sent out, the Pokemon appears as a question mark in a black and white circle. It is at level zero, has no HP, no name, and no attacks (clicking Fight results in being told that the Pokemon is out of moves). When this glitch occurs, the battle is automatically lost (usually before the opponent gets a turn), stating that you are out of useable Pokemon, etc.

11. I'm assuming the intention was to have Pokemon appear throughout the route to Green Ville without the need for tall grass. Instead, though, the grass appears when you step on a tile, and disappears when you leave it. It's sort of glitchy, though, since it's cut in half.

7. Although this isn't an error, I did find it rather odd that the Grim Reaper-like character showed you a Pokemon (following the standard "This world is inhabited by..." etc.). It just didn't seem to fit the character, in my opinion, especially considering what else was said. Also, why does it ask where you're from (North or South) instead of asking your gender when the latter is what it actually wants to know? I think it'd be a good idea to have a custom sprite for the female as well, since you have one for the male. But again, that's just an opinion.

8. Lastly, something else that I found out-of-place was the sound of the truck at the beginning of the dream. The rain effect (including the lightening and accompanying sounds) was done quite well, but I didn't see a place for the truck sound, even in a dream setting.

The graphics, however, are superb. And, the traitorous assistant made me laugh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back