• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lanu Rain

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Team preview:
Rain has been my favorite weather since Gen III because I love Kyogre in R/S/E; I like bulky Pokemons too, so I combined both Rain and Stall.

Of course, Politoed will be the first pick. I'm not a fan of Specs Politoed because it's very predictable imo. I opted for a Bulky Politoed spread.
I next chose a Pokemon to abuse Thunder and Thundurus-T came to mind. Although it has nice stats and all, it isn't bulky enough to take hits and has no reliable recovery. After much research and testing, I chose Specially Defensive Zapdos.
I wanted another Pokemon who will love Rain, but not weak to Electric and Grass like Politoed is. Tentacruel was nice and all, but its niche would be the same as Politoed so I next chose Toxicroak. I immediately get instant water immunity thanks to Dry Skin.
While the first three compliment each other's weaknesses, I still wanted another Pokemon who is fast and can abuse rain as well. I thought of Starmie with STAB Surf (I disliked Hydro Pump missing occassionally).
Now I saw two of my Pokemon being weak to Electrcity and one weak to Ground. I next chose Landorus-I with Sheer Force ability. Life Orb + Sheer Force boosted Earth Power is nothing to laugh at, except you're Chansey or Blissey (and Flying/Levitating)
To seal the team, I wanted a Pokemon that hits like a truck, bulky enough to endure hits, and has very wide resistances. I chose Scizor because of its bulk and its wonderful ability combined with STAB Bullet Punch.

Yellsy (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 236 SDef / 24 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Thunder
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Protect

Somewhat the core of the team. Tanks Special Attacks like ****. HP and SpD EV spreads ensures that it can survive Choice Scarf Latios' Draco Meteor
. Takes almost nothing from Rotom-W's Volt Switch and can just shrug the damage off by Roost. Protect is to scout attacks from other Pokemon and to PP stall low-PP moves. Heat Wave under the rain coming from Zapdos is still powerful against Pokemon that has 4x weakness. Thunder, even with only 24 EVs on SpA, still hurts for those that doesn't resist it and non-specially defensive walls.

Starar (Starmie) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Trick

My usual lead. Trick to cripple things like Ferrothorn, Forretress, and the like. No one likes being slapped by STAB, Choice Specs boosted Surf from Starmie. With proper prediction, it can pull of Ice Beam to hit Grass types or Thunder to hit Water types.

Songsong (Politoed) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Encore/Ice Beam
- Toxic

Rain? Politoed, of course. A defensive spread allow survivability to cripple other Pokemon with Toxic or Burn it with Scald if it resists Toxic. Protect is there to scout or accumulate Leftover recovery. Encore is for pesky boosters like CM Latias. Ice Beam can also be an option to hit Grass types on the switch to deal a significant amount of damage.

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 126 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

Stally-Croak loves the Rain. With enough Bulk Up boosts (one or two), it can withstand Earthquake coming off from non-Ground types and retaliate with Drain Punch to recover the lost HP. This + Dry Skin + Black Sludge = Healthy Frog. Fake Out is very useful for Pokemon holding a Sash or having Sturdy Ability. It can also finish off weakened Pokemon on the switch. Under Rain, it can be used to accumulate Dry Skin and Black Sludge recovery before it battles again.

Neighborman (Scizor) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 120 HP / 136 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance
- Pursuit

Bulky SD Scizor to tank Dragon attacks and attack back with Bullet Punch. Aerial Ace > Superpower since I dislike stat drops and Brick Break is just so much weaker than Bullet Punch. Pursuit to trap Pokemon weak to it.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus takes care of my Electric Weakness, however is weak to Water and Ice attacks. STAB, LO-boosted, Sheer Force'd Earth Power to deal immense damage, Focus Blast and Psychic (these 2 gets LO + Sheer Force boost as well) for coverage, and HP Ice for Dragons, Gliscor, Landorus-I/T.

Please rate and comment. Changes are accepted. :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Why not use Bug Bite as a secondary STAB on Scizor over Aerial Ace? Other than hitting Breloom (and occasionally Heracross), I don't see much use of AA. You can also go for 252 HP/40 Atk/216 SDef for better survivability, as well as using Roost.

For Toxicroak, the best EV spread to use is 244 HP/132 Atk/120 Def/12 Spe. This lets it avoid being 2HKOed by Terrakion's attacks, as well as outspeeding Rotom-W before it tries to burn it with Will-o-Wisp.

You can also consider Gastrodon over Landorus because it also helps with the Electric weakness while not being weak to Water and Ice:
-Earthquake/Earth Power
-Scald/Ice Beam
-Toxic
-Recover
Nature: Sassy/Calm
EVs: 252 HP/84 Def/172 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain

or
-Surf
-Earth Power
-Ice Beam