• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please rate my team

Golden blissey

Paranormal Zaktivity
Years
Please rate my team. suggestions for improvments please.

Lead
Ferrothorn @ rocky helmet
iron barbs
impish (+def -sp att)
252 evs hp and def
leech seed
stealth rock
power whip
gyro ball

skarmory @leftovers
sturdy
impish (+def - sp att)
252 evs hp and def
spikes
brave bird
roost
whirlwind

blissey @leftovers
natural cure
Bold (+def -att)
252 evs hp and def
seismic toss
thunder wave
aromatherapy
softboiled

walrein @leftovers
ice body
bold (+def -att)
252 evs hp and sp def
hail
ice beam
substitute
protect

reuniclus @leftovers
magic guard
bold(+def -att)
252 evs hp and sp def
substitute
psyshock
recover
thunderwave

haxorus @life orb
mold breaker
adamant (+att -sp att)
252 evs att and speed
dual chop
outrage
earthquake
dragon dance

Please help!

Years
  • Age 27
  • N/A
  • Seen Mar 23, 2013
I think this looks great, only, I'd get rid of Walrein's Sub for Scald. Just because of the fact that Walrein's bulky enough to survive without wasting it's own health for one turn of protection and Scald opens you to a chance of inflicting Burn.

Other than that, great job.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Use Relaxed on Ferrothorn and use this EV spread: 252 HP/48 Def/208 SDef. That way, its defenses are balanced and it powers up Gyro Ball too

TBH, Walrein isn't good in standard. I'd use Jellicent instead because it has good defensive synergy with Ferrothorn:
-Scald/Surf
-Will-O-Wisp
-Recover
-Taunt/Ice Beam/Shadow Ball
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP/216 Def/44 Spe
Item: Leftovers

Mono-attacking with Psychic moves on Reuniclus is a bad idea because Dark Pokemon like Tyranitar can wall it. Sure, it can use Thunder Wave to slow down opponents and Sub to ease prediction, but it's better off setting up Calm Minds and smashing through things:
-Calm Mind
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Recover
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/ SAtk
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hi there! And welcome to the PC!

Well, you seem to have things in check, but I do have a few comments on some of your Pokemon.

iron barbs
impish (+def -sp att)
252 evs hp and def
leech seed
stealth rock
power whip
gyro ball

As far as the moves are concerned, this is a nice, standard Ferrothorn set. However, we need to be able to see the EVs properly. That means writing them out fully and in order. So, Ferrothorn likes having an EV Spread that looks like this: 252 HP / 48 Defense / 208 Special Defense. Also, Ferrothorn likes having a Relaxed [+Defense; -Speed] nature. This way, you can raise Ferrothorn's Defense, which is never a bad thing. While simultaneously lowering it's Speed, which makes Gyro Ball more powerful.

There are definitely some other things that need to be mentioned here, but I'm going to forgo all of those to cover one big issue with your team.

walrein @leftovers
ice body
bold (+def -att)
252 evs hp and sp def
hail
ice beam
substitute
protect

Walrein seems very, very misplaced on this team. Not only that, but Walrein is actually giving your team a major weakness to Fighting. Something your team doesn't necessarily "suffer" from without it. I suggest dropping Walrein all together for something completely different. I mean, you have all these Defensive juggernauts, why not go with something like Jellicent or Gliscor?

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
240 HP/248 Defense/20 Speed
Impish Nature
Trait: Poison Heal
-Earthquake
-Taunt
-Ice Fang
-Protect/Toxic
Credit to Karpman
This way, you can keep up with you're whole Defensive oriented team, while still being able to Support your team. Earthquake is an excellent STAB attack, while Ice Fang hits Gliscor's major threats. Protect and Toxic are equally as good, but you may find that Protect works better with Gliscor when testing survivability. Taunt will make sure you trip up anything that tries to set up against you. Gliscor is an overall great Pokemon this Gen, and, I believe, a valuable asset to this team if you use it properly. Still, if you want a set for Jellicent, or any other Pokemon you this is a suitable replacement for Walrein, just ask! :>
EDIT: LOL PLATINUMDUDE COVERED JELLICENT

reuniclus @leftovers
magic guard
bold(+def -att)
252 evs hp and sp def
substitute
psyshock
recover
thunderwave

Your Reuniclus seems a little off too. I suggest a Trick Room set

Reuniclus @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Magic guard
172 HP / 32 Defense / 252 Sp.Attack / 52 Sp.Defense
Quiet [+Special Attack; -Speed]
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

With this, Reuniclus will outspeed most everything out there. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast (along with Psyshock) give you complete and total coverage and gets super effective hits on Hydreigon and Chandelure. The Quiet natures works a lot like Ferrothorn's nature. You're subtracting from Speed to get more from Trick Room.

There's still a lot to be said about this team both good and bad. There are still some problems that need fixing, but I'm going to let someone else do that. You have a neat team going on, if you ever need anymore help, don't be afraid to ask!

Good luck to you!

Golden blissey

Paranormal Zaktivity
Years
Thanks guys. This is what i want to hear.

Oh and Alexial357, could you just list the other pokemon that have problems, so that i can try different combinations? and can i please have some jellicent sets?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Well here, PlatinumDude already covered it, but I'll just re-write it for the sake of consistency.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
248 HP / 216 Defense / 44 Speed
Bold [+Defense; -Attack]
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

This is Jellicent's most reliable (and self explanatory) set. Scald has excellent synergy with Will-O-Wisp and Taunt will trip up anything that tries to set up against you. Recover keeps Jellicent alive. The only reason I don't want to mention Surf is because Jellicent wasn't made to hit things hard anyway. Scald is the better choice because of the potential Burn effect.

So.. that's pretty much it. Also, I think your team would benefit more if your Haxorus had a Choice Band. I mean, not a lot of your team is made for hitting hard, at least, not like Haxorus. So, if you need to switch Haxorus out, you're pretty much guaranteed to absorb the opponents next hit with easy. The more damage Haxorus can do, the better off you will be. Don't get me wrong, I think DD Haxorus can be excellent and truly a beast on the field. But in your case I think more "immediate" action would serve you just as well, if not better.

Haxorus @ Choice Band
Mold Breaker
4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
Adamant [+Attack; -Special Attack] / Jolly [+Speed; -Special Attack]
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dual Chop
- Rock Slide / X-Scissor

So, like I said, since you're team isn't "offensive based", the one Pokemon that is should pick up the slack. A Choice Band will do this well. Just know that a Choice Scarf can work also. But anyway, Outrage is your primary STAB attack, and a good one it is. However, if you're less inclined to be locked and confused, Dragon Claw can be equally as devastating to the right opponent. Earthquake is an all around excellent move, and in tandem with Mold Breaker, can bring down opponents efficiently. Dual Chop can be useful against Focus Sash and Substitute users and Rock Slide 2HKOs Thundurus and the likes while also grabbing rare but invaluable flinches. Alternatively, X-Scissor can be used depending on the situation.

If you have anymore questions just let one of the raters know and we'll be happy to help!

Good luck! :>

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Alomomola is bulky and sports an arsenal of supporting moves to help out its team. It's blessed with a pure Water typing, making it a great check to many offensive teams, and it's HP stat is nearly unmatched. Not only that, but Alomomola was also granted access to Wish, which deals an amazing potential 267 when passed to teammates. This sounds awesome, right? Well, unfortunately there are a few very big reasons why Alomomola fails to stand out in standard play, and has found itself in the bowels of RU.

First, Alomomola lacks any true way of dealing damage. Beyond Toxic, Alomomola's movepool is so shallow, it's destined to be Taunt bait at every turn. Even if Alomomola didn't struggle to damage opponents, it's inadequate offensive stats are pitiful at best. If it's not Taunt bait, it falls pray to many Defensive threats, allowing them to set up against Alomomola. When it comes down to utility, Alomomola is outclassed by Vaporeon. Vaporeon carries a superior Special Defense, making it more useful in competitive situations and has the same pure Water typing as well as the ability to hit harder with STAB attacks. A strong Special Attack would 2HKO Alomomola even if it's resisted. Vaporeon, however, has a much easier time dealing with this. Lucario, Scizor, Forretress, Skarmory, Conkeldurr, and Ferrothorn all laugh at Alomomola, simultaneously too, if you allow it. Alomomola also finds itself being out-predicted in most competitive situations. If you plan on using Alomomola, it will be very obvious to the opponent what your intentions are. And thus, very easy to respond to.

Does it have potential? Lots! Alomomola is a truly magnificent Pokemon! Just... not in this case, game, or team. However, if you insist on having one for one reason or another, we can recommend something. But Alomomola is just outclassed by many other Pokemon and I hate to say this, but stay away from it. :<

Golden blissey

Paranormal Zaktivity
Years
Hey I was wondering about substituting my Scizor for Haxorus. Here's my scizor's set

Scizor@ leftovers
Technician
Adamant
252 HP 252 attack
Bullet punch
Pursuit
Uturn
Roost

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
A Scizor set with Leftovers should use Swords Dance and X-Scissor (Bug Bite if you can get it) / Brick Break over Pursuit and U-turn. If you want to use those other two moves, then you should use Superpower > Roost and give it a Choice Band. Scizor doesn't hit hard enough with just Lefties and no boosting method and its coverage isn't very good with that moveset, so it's much less effective unless you use a Choice Band/Swords Dance.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like roost. Do you know any sets with roost?
The bulky Swords Dance Scizor utilizes Roost to help Scizor get multiple Swords Dances in:
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite/Superpower
-Roost
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/40 Atk/216 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Technician

Snorelacks

Ready to get burned?
Years
You really like to change things up a lot, don't you?

Scrafty's pretty good. Truth be told, you need to take out Walrein. You could go for something defensive, like Milotic or Vaporeon, but if you want you can put Scrafty in Walrein's place.

Scrafty @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Moxie
Jolly Nature (+Speed, -Special Attack)
~Dragon Dance
~Hi Jump Kick/Drain Punch
~Crunch
~Ice Punch/Taunt
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

Or you could go with the bulkier (and arguably better) Scrafty to fit your defensive team:

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Shed Skin
Careful Nature (+Special Defense, -Special Attack)
~Bulk Up
~Drain Punch
~Crunch/Dragon Tail
~Rest
EVs: 252 HP/8 Atk/248 SpDef

Hope this helps.

Golden blissey

Paranormal Zaktivity
Years
I like to try different combinations. Currently i am thinking about switching blissey for chansey.

Chansey @ eviolite
natural cure
bold +defense -attack
252 hp 252 def 4 sp def

Seismic toss
thunder wave/toxic (i can't decide)
heal bell
softboiled

Thoughts?

Golden blissey

Paranormal Zaktivity
Years
Hey guys. I think i have finalized my team. All your help is greatly appreciated. THANKS!

iron barb
relaxed (+defense -speed)
252 hp 56 def 200 sp def
leech seed
stealth rock
power whip
gyro ball

My lead. Sets up stealth rock and leech seed quickly.

Skarmory @ leftovers
sturdy
impish (+defense -sp att)
252 hp 252 def 4 sp def
Spikes
Brave bird
whirlwind
roost

spikes set up and physical wall.

blissey @ leftovers
natural cure
bold (+defense -attack)
252 hp 252 def
seismic toss
thunder wave
aromatherapy
softboiled

special wall.

dusclopes @ eviolite
pressure
calm (+sp def -att)
252 hp 252 defense
pain split
will o wisp
night shade
confuse ray

dual wall. Helps blissey with the fighting types.

Vapoureon @ leftovers
water absorb
bold (+defense - attack)
252 hp 252 def
wish
protect
scald
roar

Wish support

Haxorus @ choice band
mold breaker
adamant (+attack - sp attack)
252 att 252 speed
dual chop
outrage
earthquake
rock slide

physical sweeper. comes in when safe and kills what it can.

Back