• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Items? Original Items Staying?

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
No idea. Even tried Googling, and all I find are threads from other sites asking the SAME question. Won't be seeing too many Vaporeons at this point, haha.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It does seem like GF is giving us incentives to complete the dex with these items. It'll make things more fun that way.
We still have yet to learn what the napkin, and broken c-gear are for...
The napkin's description is kind of creepy, it says that it smells faintly of Pokemon...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
No idea. Even tried Googling, and all I find are threads from other sites asking the SAME question. Won't be seeing too many Vaporeons at this point, haha.
It's really weird that the only possibility are Dust Clouds :/
And thanks to the missing part of obtaining the elemental monkey the selection of stones is also missing :/
Well... I'll be searching... hope to find one...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
On the topic of Stones I hope that we can buy them somewhere, it's SUCH a pain to go into dust clouds to find them because it's all up to chance. I think we might, because now the Eevee line is in the new Unova dex.

Ok anyway I think the Round Charm and the Shining Charm are really interesting, I'm curious as to how they work in game. I don't think they would affect competitive much because you could just RNG a shiny or go on PO and use a shiny but it might make it easier for people like me who can't RNG to find a shiny, lol.

What do you guys think the Forgotten Item and the Dirty Hankerchief are? And what does the Achroma Machine do? And what is this Nature Sanctuary?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Purchasing the older stones would be a huge relief, but from what the users who have the games are saying, that apparently isn't possible. :c
Which sucks, because I would legit buy fifty of each.

The Achroma Machine seems to affect the Crustle in Seaside Cave, from what serebii has revealed.
Maybe the forgotten item has something to do with Ghetsis? Maybe even Genesect. No idea, but I know I'm excited for that Round and Shiny charm. They'll be a hard task to get, but I can't wait!

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Yeah if you have your Black City with a bunch of people, I believe the shops in there sell various stones.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I also noticed a lot of trainers have a Life Orb attached to their Pokemon. I wonder if this means that they'll be available relatively early. I know I would certainly like one for my Pokemon!

Also, do the colored Shards have a confirmed location?

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2012
I just want to know about the Forgotten Item and what it has to do with the green and pink haired characters shown here: http://spriters-resource.com/ds/pkmnbnw2/sheet/48042
I haven't been able to find any information whatsoever related to these characters other than the fact that they might be named Ruri and Tetsu, does anyone have any idea who they might be?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
The Achroma Machine seems to affect the Crustle in Seaside Cave, from what serebii has revealed.
Yeah, it affect Iwapalace in that cave so you can go to Plasma's ship =)

Uh in Black's Black city one can buy stones so one can proably find them there in B2W2 too.
Perhaps' Ghetsis dropped the C-gear after escaping.
Yeah, but White players don't have Black City xD
Um... I don't think it's Ghetis... from what I could read the talk was rather formal...

Also, do the colored Shards have a confirmed location?
There are lots of them hidden.
And also there's a dude that gives plenty of red shards... I don't remember where exactly but it's before you meet the first move tutor (that way I could get Ice Punch for my Lucario :D)

Anyways I found one Water Stone in Dust Cloud but it really seems to be the only way...

EDIT: YES! I've finally found Water Stone! It's pretty hidden in the water path of Route 19. So anyone who wants to have Vaporeon, get your Water Stone while it's still fresh ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
OMG Shiny Charm does work with Breeding. It increases the chance of finding Shiny Pokemon by 33%

Serebii said:
This Key Item increases the likelihood that you will encounter Shiny Pokémon. When you have the item in your bag, then the chances of encountering Shiny Pokémon in the wild is reduced to 33% of normal, making it a 1 in 2,370.6 chance. If, however, you're using the Masuda Method to breed, it reduces it from 1 in 1,365.3 down to 1 in 1024.

Lost Item is kinda like the Lost Doll.

Serebii said:
This item, when found, causes you to be in contact with the owner who will then request for it to be returned

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
OMG Shiny Charm does work with Breeding. It increases the chance of finding Shiny Pokemon by 33%

Lost Item is kinda like the Lost Doll.

Holy crap. I'm going to have so many shiny Jellicent! :'D
That's amazing, though.

I still want to know who owned the Lost Item! Like, it must be something for some type of event. Has to be. :c

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Wow at the Shiny Charm. JUST OMG. Shiny hunting is going to be so much easier. Plus now I can just normal RNG and hope for shiny. n___n

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Oh wow it actually works 0_o. Well it's certainly going to be easier to breed a shiny egg this time, hmm should start making a list of shinies I want...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Did anyone know that Soul Dew is obtainable within B2/W2? It's in the Dreamyard, the same place where Lati@s is. (yes, I'm aware that it's not a new item, but a Gen III item just came back)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Damn that shiny item is crazy.

Also kinda disappointed about Soul Dew being found, because it means Latios/Latias are going to be uber. In-game they'll be more fun to use though I guess.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Did anyone know that Soul Dew is obtainable within B2/W2? It's in the Dreamyard, the same place where Lati@s is. (yes, I'm aware that it's not a new item, but a Gen III item just came back)

Don't worry, this thread is about the older items, too! ^u^

And actually, I posted some pics of the Soul Dew being found in the Dreamyard in the Quick Questions thread here in the B2W2 section, so check it out! c:

It seems it's found right after you beat/catch Lati@s, too.
I'm wondering if they'll include the Griceous, Lustrous, and Adamant orb again. That'd be cool, of course idk what use they would be. Still, cool. c:

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
Don't worry, this thread is about the older items, too! ^u^

And actually, I posted some pics of the Soul Dew being found in the Dreamyard in the Quick Questions thread here in the B2W2 section, so check it out! c:

It seems it's found right after you beat/catch Lati@s, too.
I'm wondering if they'll include the Griceous, Lustrous, and Adamant orb again. That'd be cool, of course idk what use they would be. Still, cool. c:

...WHY DO I NEVER KNOW ABOUT THESE THINGS. LSKDFJSDLKFJSDF.

I think that the Orbs are back in the game. The only one that would serve a real purpose would be the Griseous Orb. Adamant and Lustrous Orbs are still awesome, though.

and already spammed jellicent's vms about this but HNNNNG THAT SHINY CHARM. Do want, guys. That'll make my MM'ing muuuuuch easier. That being said though, I ALREADY MM'D LIKE FOUR POKEMON IN B/W WHY DIDN'T I WAIT FML.

and what seriously no more buying of evolutionary stones? Even in Black 2? forget fifty, I would buy 100 of each. If, you know, I ever had enough money. XD

Back