• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
A moderator asking not to be banned? X)
But it's a good idea haha. I don't much need to pay attention to that rule, because I avoid writing specifically short posts. Which reminds me that I need to get around to memorizing the rules here. I have a general idea (enough not to break them) but I don't know all of them. >_>

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well Live did threaten to ban me as the Super Bowl started...

Yeah the only times I do are in the DCC or staff sections tbh.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
A moderator asking not to be banned? X)
But it's a good idea haha. I don't much need to pay attention to that rule, because I avoid writing specifically short posts. Which reminds me that I need to get around to memorizing the rules here. I have a general idea (enough not to break them) but I don't know all of them. >_>

Eh, I wouldn't say you have to memorize the rules. By the time I was a mod, I only really knew of the rules in my section. Pay attention to where you post often and use some common sense. If you trip up, you learn; if people judge you for a mistake, they're doing it wrong.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
@Beachboy
True. I'd rather not risk being kicked off here, though. >_>

@Toujours-
Haha, why did they threaten you?

-
Wow, for once, I like the way this short story thing is turning out. Though I need to be careful who sees it, considering it's a bit...disturbing. (:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeahh I find way more often people worried about people judging them for a mistake (or judging themselves for a mistake) than people actually judging other people for mistakes. Never met a person, mod or otherwise, that cares about a closed thread or a redirected post, haha.

Edit: For posting MLP...;_;

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
@Beachboy
True. I'd rather not risk being kicked off here, though. >_>

You must have a serious cascade of infractions if you're skiing on such thin ice.

Yeahh I find way more often people worried about people judging them for a mistake (or judging themselves for a mistake) than people actually judging other people for mistakes. Never met a person, mod or otherwise, that cares about a closed thread or a redirected post, haha.

Edit: For posting MLP...;_;
Such a fine point. :)

During the smod days, my favorite PMs were those that would send me messages apologizing. Made my day, though I hadn't judged them anyway.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
When I warn/infract someone and they reply really upset about it I just feel super bad and want to reverse it. :( It's just a forum you guys! It's not the end of the world! Please don't cry!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I've actually never been infracted here. But the last forum I used I was banned from, so I don't want PC to be a repeat of that. I totally deserved being banned, though. >_> But they never even warned me for it (aside from doing stuff like deleting my threads). I was suspended like five times, but never for any real reason- it was always a mistake on their end.

@Toujours
Okay, that's actually amusing. I wouldn't expect many people on PC to watch it, honestly. x; I myself don't really see the appeal in it, but to each his own~

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
That's generally why I usually don't infract people and why I'm pretty liberal in forum matters. It's just a forum and you should enjoy coming here and not feel like you're skating on thin ice, so I don't think it be taken so seriously.

Years
I think I have a decent grasp on the rules of most sections since I often have to direct new users where to go for certain things... that and I was the type who read the rules like 10 times before posting somewhere since I really didn't want to make a mistake. I think the only warning/infraction I've ever gotten was when I went 15 pixels past the signature limit on another forum. >:

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Never been infracted before. Did get a warning by a certain Wailord lover that recently came back from the dead but I don't know if that even counts. I try and abide by the rules here.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I think the only warning/infraction I've ever gotten was when I went 15 pixels past the signature limit on another forum. >:
Ugh, you're disgusting. You deserved a hell of a lot more than a simple infraction.

I don't think I can look at you the same way again.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I vaguely remember how ashamed of myself I was when I finally got my first infraction. Then I got a few more and realized I didn't really care enough, especially seeing how I've never done anything too wrong.

When I report things I check the rules just to make sure the report is for a good reason. I'd be pretty embarrassed if I filed a false report considering I barely do it anyways.

Years
Mine was overturned for a warning, and later I got another warning for trading hacked Pogeymons like the dark lord of Mordor that I am.

EDIT: OH **** Luck has joined us too. <3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Once someone told me I was 10px over the sig limit here, after spending like hours perfecting my sig. I was...pretty annoyed.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Hacked pokemon how scary. D;

I once forgot about that rule and offered my shiny Nidoking in a trade. A moderator just edited my post but never warned me?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
VM limits on alts hinder me. They hinder me

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
I think I had two marks on my record before mod. So it's not like people are doomed if they mess up, either.

Infraction stories are the best, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back