• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I like Wonder Trade since I can offload horrible IVd mons there lol I've gotten some good stuff off it including a Japanese Ditto and starters :D GTS still sucks though. People asking for ridiculous trades all the time :(

Reactions: EB
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I like Wonder Trade since I can offload horrible IVd mons there lol I've gotten some good stuff off it including a Japanese Ditto and starters :D GTS still sucks though. People asking for ridiculous trades all the time :(

I do not think the kids who ask for thosr know they are impossible. It will always happen.

How do you know the iv's are horrible? Do you know the base stats on our new pokes?

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Whoever's got them Ditto in their FS, I would love their friend code.

But no, IVs are IVs, not base stats. Even a crappy Caterpie can have awesome IVs. In the Pokemon Center at the same town where the Safari is at, there's a guy on the left who tells you if a Pokemon has good or bad IVs. I have several Pokemon with triple 31s as well as a few with "Outstanding" IVs. Now the trick is to get them to pass the right IVs.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016

But no, IVs are IVs, not base stats. Even a crappy Caterpie can have awesome IVs.

Right. Sorry to confuse my question. What I was getting at was that one would need to know the base stats to do the math to know what your IV's are. Back in Gen III I had a notebook that I kept track of what stats needed to look like at Level 5(remember eggs hatching at Level 5 instead of Level 1?) and at Level 10(i.e. after five rare candies) so that I could narrow down IV's a tiny bit. I was used to doing math the hard way, but I also had an hour commute in the AM by city bus, and at the end of the day had between a 3 hour and five hour wait for my other half to get out of work to drive me home... so I was spending a LOT and I mean a LOT of time doing the math, and base stats were what I used to narrow down my IV's.

In the Pokemon Center at the same town where the Safari is at, there's a guy on the left who tells you if a Pokemon has good or bad IVs. I have several Pokemon with triple 31s as well as a few with "Outstanding" IVs. Now the trick is to get them to pass the right IVs.

So is this like the IV teller in the battle frontier on Emerald? I was pretty used to his help.

Patience is a virtue... here is one of my Gen III breeding projects from before I knew how to RNG:
https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=3755088

(fyi: I am probably more proud of this lovely lady than any other Pokemon I have bred or captured in any generation.)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years

But no, IVs are IVs, not base stats. Even a crappy Caterpie can have awesome IVs. In the Pokemon Center at the same town where the Safari is at, there's a guy on the left who tells you if a Pokemon has good or bad IVs. I have several Pokemon with triple 31s as well as a few with "Outstanding" IVs. Now the trick is to get them to pass the right IVs.

This is my problem. My Ditto and Fennekin have about 4 flawless Ivs between them. I just need to destiny knot breed and hope for the best.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Oh. No, I was breeding Shellos. Their base stats are already known. So I was just using the IV checking man to figure out what IVs I managed to hit and now I'll have to train them and use Metalkid's calculator to figure out the exact IVs. And yeah, it's the same thing as the one in Emerald and following games. Serebii might have figured out some of the base stats of some of the new stuff so there's that to look forward to.

Psst. Look what I got.
Bold Shellos w/ Storm Drain
31/x/31/31/31/x

Onto the next conquest!

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Oh. No, I was breeding Shellos. Their base stats are already known. So I was just using the IV checking man to figure out what IVs I managed to hit and now I'll have to train them and use Metalkid's calculator to figure out the exact IVs. And yeah, it's the same thing as the one in Emerald and following games. Serebii might have figured out some of the base stats of some of the new stuff so there's that to look forward to.

Psst. Look what I got.
Bold Shellos w/ Storm Drain
31/x/31/31/31/x

Onto the next conquest!

Awsome Griffy!

Can't wait to get that far. I am still on the first gym with both my games. Not finding much time to play, but when I do I am kind of savoring my adventure (not to mention my excessive soft resetting for a female Charmander).

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Just got into some breeding on Y. :D Finished this tonight:

Jolly Shroomish w/ Quick Feet
31/31/31/x/31/31
- Bullet Seed

Only took about 90 eggs, and getting really lucky with the DW passing. >.>

I'll probably be giving away some of the other ones I didn't get semi-flawless in the QTT. Also have a few with the same IV spread that are Poison Heal I'll probably get rid of.

Next on my list, Protean Froakie.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
IV breeding is making me really appreciate how easy RNG is in comparison. >.< Still working on getting a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Bold Eevee with Wish in a Premier Ball. Had to start completely from scratch and it sucks. D: But by horrible I mean the IV checker says they have terrible IVs or no 31's. All I care about is perfect IVs so I don't know exact IVs.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
IV breeding is making me really appreciate how easy RNG is in comparison. >.< Still working on getting a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Bold Eevee with Wish in a Premier Ball. Had to start completely from scratch and it sucks. D: But by horrible I mean the IV checker says they have terrible IVs or no 31's. All I care about is perfect IVs so I don't know exact IVs.

Do you have a friend with a Ditto safari? If not I wouldn't mind sending you a couple good ones to help.

They really make IV breeding a ton easier because you can alternate between dittos with 31 in different stuff until you get good parents. Destiny Knot makes this gen super easy to IV breed imo.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I finally got my first quint today.
Female Adamant Magikarp 31/31/31/x/31/31.

Now to get one with DW ability and egg moves. <3

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016

I think being able to RNG spoiled us all. But I used to IV breed in Gen III. I have not yet finished the game, but I am looking forward to getting there. Trust me, from what I've been reading this gen gave us practically stupid easy breeding. True, it's not RNG easy, but it's much easier than hours(or days) of chain breeding IV's like I used to (and oh, the fun of finally getting the Pokemon you wanted only to realize an egg move got bumped off by a father somewhere in the chain leveling up and deleting your egg moves and needing to start over... )

By the way...
How long should my 3DS battery last? I am getting very annoyed that I can only play for about an hour between charging. My 3DS was new in June, and Pokemon X/Y was my first actuall 3DS purchase (up till now been playing my DS games on it, and that is it, but was not using it often as most of the summer was not playing at all, or was using my Lite to RNG on). I have the brightness set to 1, and power save set to "on". and I keep the 3D set to off(gives me a headache), and the wireless set to off as well(until I decide to wonder trade, which so far is my favorite new feature). I get about an hour to hour and a half and then warnings pop up that the battery is about to die. I have nowhere I can sit and play next to an outlet so it can be plugged in while I play. Do I have a deffective 3DS? Or is this what the new generation of games really does?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
It's not the IVs that are giving me trouble. It's the gender ratios and egg hatching times hnnnnnng. I got super lucky though and got a Bold natured female to breed with my quad flawless male Eevee so now it's just a matter of time until the game decides to give me a quint flawless Eevee that I want...

Yay go Mia :D That Gyarados is going to be scary D:

My 3DS battery lasts a good while but I don't know times. I know it's longer than an hour though even with wireless and 3D on and mine is not that new either.

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
It's not the IVs that are giving me trouble. It's the gender ratios and egg hatching times hnnnnnng. I got super lucky though and got a Bold natured female to breed with my quad flawless male Eevee so now it's just a matter of time until the game decides to give me a quint flawless Eevee that I want...

Yay go Mia :D That Gyarados is going to be scary D:

My 3DS battery lasts a good while but I don't know times. I know it's longer than an hour though even with wireless and 3D on and mine is not that new either.
I got a second one, but I gave her to Mac. XD
I'm training her while trying to get a DW one.
I think I'm going to breed Espurr next or Litleo.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
It's not the IVs that are giving me trouble. It's the gender ratios and egg hatching times hnnnnnng.

Yep. Gender ratio's on any of the mostly Males can be a pain. And egg hatching times on certain ones used to drive me bonkers... FYI: I never got into AR codes for fast egg hatches, so even when RNGing I deal with the long hatch times... Of course the big difference is that when you know you did your RNG correct you're only waiting on one egg to hatch.

I think the thing to learn is how PID/Gender/IV's are handled now. If I recall at one point Gender/Nature/Ability/Shiny were determined the moment the egg was ready, and IV's were generated the moment you accepted the egg. I do not recall how this was handled in Gen V as I never hatched eggs in Gen V. But if it works similar still, you can save in front of the day care man, take an egg. Do your long bike ride, and if you like the gender/nature/ability but not your IV's you reset and try again. Does anyone know if any kind of variation on this can work this generation???

Lastly:
Hidden Power breeding will certainly be effected by this all. I typically breed for a Hidden Power rather than all perfect IV's. That's going to be a little more guess work and trial and error now.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
So I got a question, they have people that trade Pokemon on the GTS in which you can receive over and over again as many times as you want, are those Pokemon legit or are they hacked?

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
My 3DS typically lasts about 3 hours so I'm not sure what's wrong with yours. :(

I finally have a Ditto Safari (didn't get it on this site, so don't bother asking). Wasting lots and lots of pokeballs and money to catch a triple flawless Ditto. Yay! Also, I have two male quad flawless Goomy now. Except that one's got a terrible nature and neither have the 31 in Special Attack. Yep, more breeding.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
YAY! Finally got a quint flawless Eevee :D It's female with Wish in a Premier Ball and IVs are 31/31/x/31/31/31. \o/ Now to breed it for more and then I can start adding some stock to my Gen VI section of my shop for all you guys who want them. :P

As far as I know there are no hacks since the coding hasn't been broken yet so those should be legal.

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
So many quint karps, but all lacking HP or DEF or SPDEF or SPEED.
;-; I'm getting closer and then on to Goomy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back