• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how to rate, build and plan teams/pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I know it's quite the broad category, but I'll give you a bit of help with my background.

- I have a bunch of experience with min/maxing a character's stats in games such as Dragon Age, so i'm more likely to spend all my points in one place because I know the values of an effecient stat build to match the moveset.

- I've read up on the meanings and the methods of IV's and EV's, and I know how to properly EV train a pokemon once I have a statset that I want. I also know where to look to find a pokemon's base stats for comparison's sake.

- I am very familiar with all pokemon... from the first generation. I know that snorlax is a huge tank and dragonite is the most epic non-legend there is... in the first generation. (also know a bit about gens 2-3, but not much at all)

- I have never played a competitive match, unless you're talking about between me and my friends who hacked a team full of mews.

- and finally... I picked up Black version just the other day, and i'm fairly sure I have a steep barrier of entry to deal with.

basically, and I hope i'm posting in the right section, I want to know how the competitive scene builds their teams. What's good in a base stat set, what do I look for in move sets, and, if there is a metagame banlist, where do I find it?

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Luckily for you, we have a great Compiled Guides thread that contains a team-building guide to help players who are new to competitive battling.

After you've read through some of these guides, you can ask any questions you may have about movesets/strategies in the Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A thread.

Smogon is also a good place to look for competitive battling information.

*closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back