• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TCG Questions and Ruling Clarifications

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Well, there isn't one here yet, and after seeing the question asked earlier about exceeds in Yu-Gi-Oh!, I thought there should be one.

Here you can ask questions about any card game that you're into. Just please don't post any deck lists to be rated. Please make a separate thread for that. Otherwise, ask away!

Last edited:

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
Well I've been absent from Yu-Gi-Oh! for years now, but I just downloaded 5D's from Xbox Live, and am wanting to get back into it.

Does anyone know any online strategy/card guides that are really helpful?

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Well, there is always Yugioh Wikia which has helped me a lot, but as for strategies, well it depends if you're playing online or not. If you want to play others I suggest you have a look at some tier lists. Here's one I found but I'm not sure exactly how reliable it is.
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=950269
You should also look up the top tier decks and look up what counters them, and perhaps try to build around that. You could also try to design something with your own touch to it, to make it unique to you.

If its just in-game you want a deck for, then any deck can do the job. I would suggest finding which cards are easiest to get ingame, and try to build the highest tier deck you can with that.

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
o:

Good idea Firestar. I'll be available to answer questions as well. c:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
So Vanguard only recently became available in New Zealand and I just got myself the Kagero trial deck today and am planning to use it on Saturday for a hobby league. I was looking at some of the cards and I don't quite understand the point in Demonic Dragon Berserker, Yaksha's skill. Can I use it the same turn I ride a grade 2 card or are you not allowed to ride it normally? It seems like a completely useless skill as far as I can tell.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
So Vanguard only recently became available in New Zealand and I just got myself the Kagero trial deck today and am planning to use it on Saturday for a hobby league. I was looking at some of the cards and I don't quite understand the point in Demonic Dragon Berserker, Yaksha's skill. Can I use it the same turn I ride a grade 2 card or are you not allowed to ride it normally? It seems like a completely useless skill as far as I can tell.

Sorry about the delay. There is no point, it sucks and you want to run Gokux4 and Dragonic Overlord x4 Er....

Yes you can ride it the turn you ride a grade 2. Basically the combo in the deck is to ride "Berserk Dragon" to kill a rear-guard during your main phase, then kill something, then ride Yaksha immediately. The issue with the skill is that there aren't actually that many ways to retire cards even in Kagero, and building around it is a bad idea since it's only a Power 9000 Vanguard, making it harder to guard for.

Back