• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The disappointments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I'll have to admit, I'm one of the many who were disappointed to see that the following feature was not brought into the games. However, I was expecting this to be likely, so I wasn't too disappointed.

Another thing I would have liked, was for contests to be brought back. & Instead it looks like we have a movie film business thing going on, which only looks slightly more interesting than Musicals.

I'm sure there were some slight disappointments I could pick up so far, but these are the only two that I would say bothers me the most? I could be forgetting something, but as more news comes along I'll just see.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Not being 3DS titles is my only major chagrin; Crystal was on the GBC in its time, not to mention that the DS is about eight years old.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
I'm definitely disappointed about it not being on the 3DS, especially after I purchased one thinking that the next games to come out would be on it. GF was one of the first companies to receive development tools for the system and they were bragging about doing great things with it.
I know they'll eventually be on there, but yeah.

It's a little hard to determine what i'm disappointed about at the moment about the games, but i'd have to say that the male character, though that's another thread.
I would have liked to see pokemon following me again, but it's not really hurting my thoughts on B2/W2.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I'm kind of glad they didn't bring back the Pokemon following you feature. If they keep using it, the feature just won't feel special anymore. The only disappointment for me so far is that they replaced Professor Juniper.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm disappointed there's old Pokemon back in Unova. I'm sick of them, I want just Unova Pokemon! But otherwise everything is pretty good for me. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Eevee. Legit, that's my main disappointment over this entire game. Like, I HATE that they brought that little gremlin back. I do wish that they don't add TOO many of the old Pokemon into the game, but, of course knowing them, they will (For crying out loud, Metagross is what, #252 in the dex?).

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I'm disappointed that there aren't 3DS exclusive features- it'd be awesome to see the Hiougi Town lookout in 3D,

I know right? Wasn't something said about the Company or something wanting to keep DS owners in mind a little longer yet also show off with the 3DS or something(don't quote me)?

Might have missread something somewhere but I think this would have been a perfect opportunity to add in some 3DS exclusive features while still keeping them mainly DS games. If these are going to be the last games of gen 5, mixing 3(DS) would have been a nice way to go out 'with a bang'.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Can't say I'm too disappointed with much right now. Its going pretty much how I've pictured since the revealing of the two Kyurem Forms and the Sequel status. Gotta say I'm impressed with some of the changes. Still early though.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I'm disappointed there's old Pokemon back in Unova. I'm sick of them, I want just Unova Pokemon! But otherwise everything is pretty good for me. :)
Pretty much this^. Even if it is a fan service move to quell peoples complaining about how there is no old pokemon(prior to getting past Elite Four & N Castle) I still don't think they should have went through with it. There is going to be complaining regardless. If they want to have old pokemon in every aspect play the other games or wait post main story, or have someone trade you them. Too me it detracts from the uniqueness & freshness that BW established with no old pokes within the main story.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
The region map. WHAT HAPPENED TO EVERYONE IN THE NORTH AND EAST? ARE THEY FROZEN? WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE.

Yeah.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
My only disappointment so far is the design of the male character, particularly his hair. I seriously thought that he was the female character, until the scan was fully revealed.

blue

gucci
Years
The only problem I have currently is as stated previously there is no follow-me feature returning, this would look great in these games but other than that there are no problems so far.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
What I'm mainly disappointed at right now is that it doesn't really seem too much like a new game. The pallets and tiles (idk what would be the right word to use) don't look much different, I was expecting some sort of revamp. But right now it just looks like Black and White with extra cities and features. Don't get me wrong though, I'm still very excited and will be buying both for sure!

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years

I think only have unova Pokemon is why most people hate them. They got sick of the unova ones since there was not a good selection. It was fine for the first BW but i'm glad they added new ones like Eevee and stuff

My only disappointment so far is the design of the male character, particularly his hair. I seriously thought that he was the female character, until the scan was fully revealed.

Whats wrong with his hair? I have seen people with that kind of hair. Not sure why people think its odd

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'd say the male character except I don't really give a rip what he looks like since I always choose the girl.

I don't like that a good part of the region is gone.

There are certain Pokemon families (the one ending in "chu" being the worst, but also many of the old dog-based Pokemon as well) that if they do show up in the Unova Pokedex, I will not be a happy camper.

On the other hand, if certain other species don't show up (Meowth line and Flygon line in particular) I'll be disappointed at their absence.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
I'm only happy that the games aren't on 3DS because I haven't picked up a 3DS yet. xD
Seems to me like their saving their new 3DS Pokémon engine for the Generation III remakes?

Otherwise, like many others, the Follow Me feature is my main disappointment. I really wanted to see 5th Generation Pokémon behind me. If anything, I hope Game Freak has chosen to hide that feature in the screenshots, as a cruel teaser. >.>

For the most part, I expected a lot less from these games. I wasn't expecting them to be in the future of their prequels, or have to have new characters, new places, etc. I'm hyped!

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Im dissapointed as well in the fact that old Pokemon are back, I feel this would make people sideline 5th gen Pokemon in favor of older ones. Thats really my only complaint.

Years
To be honest, I'm not disappointed about anything yet, and I've a feeling I won't be. The fact that we get sequels, after over ten years without them (RBY > GSC), I'm ecstatic. The fact that GSC were sequels to RBY kinda set that in my mind, and so I was disappointed when RSE didn't continue the Tohjo storyline. While Unova is unrelated to Tohjo, I don't care, I'm delighted that they're sequels full stop. I also don't care that they're not 3DS titles, seeing as I haven't got a 3DS and have neither the means nor desire to buy one any time soon.

droomph

weeb
Years
I'm not disappointed! In fact, I'm really looking forward to this as now I'm starting to like the "Unova-crappy-style" Pokémon and then they add in old Pokés OMGOMGOMGOMG And the 3DS thing is fine with me because that gives me more time to get money together and buy one :)

The only thing is that I'm afraid it's gonna be a huge letdown. But let's not talk about that.

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 8, 2016

Same here ^^;; Really, the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the male character: "oh, so we can't play as the boy?......WHAT?!"

If we really couldn't play as the male character, there would be riots going around right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back