• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Button of death

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Terrible title is terrible.

I made a thread like this back when I joined, and it was relatively popular. However, the last one was a lot more...odd. I've fixed it up so that it's more interesting.

There's a button in front of you.
You press the button, and you die.
However, you will be replaced by another person. Someone who died young- who never had a real chance at life. They won't necessarily live your life, though. It will be like you were never born. Any memories involving you will now be with a different person (not the one you're saving). Any accomplishments will be achieved by a different person.

Your decision has no affect on the world in general. Only you and the person you would be saving.

Would you press the button?

Edit:
I wasn't specific enough.
The person who will be allowed to live if you press the button died at a /very/ young age. As in, a toddler or younger.

Last edited:

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
At this point in my life, nah. I'm really content with my life so I'm not in a hurry to give it up any time soon. From an ethical standpoint I wouldn't be able to do it because I'd be really paranoid about who I'd be bringing back to life. It could be the person who cures cancer or it could be the next Hitler. The safe path is to just not press the button.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
My life is virtually worthless, so yes, I would press the button. Who knows? I might like being this different person (if that is applicable, that is...)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
No.

For one thing, chances are that they would have still been older than I when they died. Even if I was forty years older, I wouldn't. I wouldn't just erase my life, give up everything that I've worked for, to give someone that died that I probably don't even know a chance. I mean, it's sad that they died (unless they were a psycho or something . . . ), but I would find it a greater tragedy to have my entire life vanish. They may have died, but everyone remembered them the way they were. Essentially, I'll die and be forgotten. That's not the way I would like to go, thank you.

I'm not saying I would never give myself up to save someone else. It depends on the scenario.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
I'm not at my self-actualization stage, yet. If the time comes, yes. Right now there are a million things I want to accomplish.

Crux

Evermore
Years
I believe in rebirth, so, no.
For all I know they could be living a perfectly happy life, and what would pressing that button do?
Rip their soul out of their body whilst I disintergrate into nonexistence?
Naah, that doesn't sound very fun. :T

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
No I would not press this button as I am okay with my life right I have a beautiful daughter and boyfriend. so I would never press this button.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
No. I'm young as well. What's the point in sacrificing one young life for another? We are both young. I feel I am a good person and I am happy with how my life is going so why would I throw it away? For a toddler who needs someone to look after them? :/

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I don't particularly get much enjoyment out of my real life, but then again, my great expectations could always be fulfilled later on in life with a pinch of luck... I'd probably say 'no' right about now, as I haven't really gotten far enough to properly evaluate whether or not my cause is worthless and if I should continue my existence. If circumstances worsened, however, I would hit 'yes' without a moment's thought.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Yes, honestly. My life isn't really worth anything right now, even though I still have laods I want to accomplish it's not like important or anything. And anyways, I'm not that good of a person so if I'm saving someone who died really young it's definitely a good idea for me to.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Since it doesn't really specify that you can't, I would just hold on to the button until I lived my life, then on my death bed I would press it. I live my life, and someone else gets to live theirs. If this is not allowed for some reason, I honestly don't know what'd I do.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
If I press this button, I die (along with all the memories other people have of me) and the young child who died will come back to life? Is that what will happen if I press the button? How do I die? It really depends on how I die. If it's painlessly, I think I would do it so long as nobody remembers me and anything I leave behind (material possessions, too!) goes with me. I would do it to give the other child a chance to live, not because I think my life is worthless or anything upsetting like that.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dont think at this time in my life I would. I value my life and although giving a very young person a second chance at life sounds very generous, I wouldnt want it to be like I never existed.

Back