• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What shiny do you want more than anything else?

DanteSolablood

Internet Celebrity
Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
The shiny I am really desperate for is Alakazam!! Alakazam is in no small part my favourite pokémon ever... he's just always been there for me, a good, solid pokémon who has (almost) always been available early in each game.

As I've been playing for a while I have come across a few shinies naturally, I have shiny Swablu, Jumpluff, Hariyama, Seedot and maybe a few more I can't remember. Don't think I've tried any of the methods. :/

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
I really want a shiny female Klefki so I can name her Alicia Keys. Would also like a shiny female Sylveon to name after a gijinka character of mine.

I already have my absolute favorite shinies, though: Giratina and Icy Snow Vivillon.

Broncos

Jesus take the wheel
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 2, 2016
Shiny Mawile!

Dudes.

I have been literally hunting for this thing for 4 days on X. SR with a Magnet Pull Nosepass up front and nothing! On Y I tried Masuda Method and hatched about five boxes worth until I threw in the towel.

Something about not obtaining (I thought for sure it would've only taken me a day or 3) it is getting to me... secretly motivating me to continue on this incredibly difficult quest. I'm not a hunter, I often fall asleep with the game running because I really don't have the energy to reset after reset after reset. My wife thinks I'm a dork, but asked if she could give it a shot and went for 20 straight SRs lol (a couple hours ago). She loves me and my inner-child... :D But, yeah! I'ma keep at it for another 30 minutes or so and call it a night. If I don't find it by tomorrow I have no choice but to call it quits. I still haven't finished either of the games and I bought X to complete the story -- no Wonder Trading or hunting I told myself, but look at me now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've always wanted to have shiny Rayquaza. It's got black and yellow color scheme, which looks pretty cool. I tried to get a hold of it by soft resetting in Ruby, but had to give up as I lost my patience. If I didn't, though, then would've been able to encounter it eventually. d: I also wanted to have shiny Umbreon, but needed to chain Eevee first, which I never got around to. Will get it done someday, though!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 15, 2013
I'm looking for a Shiny Lugia because Lugia is my absolute favorite pokemon, also a Shiny Reshiram(its probably never going to happen)

I'm also looking for any shiny that is purple color cause purple is my favorite color

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
Zorua, Zorua, Zorua, Virizion, Zorua. . . Did I mention Zorua? Is my username a giveaway? LOL. . . But yep, I LOVE shiny Zorua. I think the brown and turquoise complement each other really well. It's a colour combination I've always thought was pretty, so seeing it be used for the shiny version of my favourite Pokemon is awesome.
But also Virizion. It's pink! Pink! I tried soft resetting for it in Black, but I felt like the odds were kind of stacked against me this time, so when I get the sequel game, I'm going to try even harder to get my precious shiny Pokemon!

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I would love to get my hands on a shiny Luxray. It seems to me, that it looks more badass than it's normal counterpart.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
Mine used to be a shiny Gardevoir, but I ended up getting one of those with the Masuda Method :D

But my new favorite pokemon is Umbreon, so I would love nothing more than to finally get a shiny Umbreon. I'm about 500 eggs in at this point :P I'll get it eventually though.

Years
Houndouuuuuur! When I was breeding for a perfect Houndour, I was really hoping a shiny one would pop up somewhere, but I had no such luck.

I also really want a shiny Zubat, Noibat, Excadrill, Shinx, and Feebas. But on the bright side, I do have a highly wanted shiny in a shiny Mawile. :P

Fomalhaut

Formal Hunt
Years
My dream shinies are Mawile, Gardevoir and Greninja and Froslass solely out of color preference. The fact that they are among my favorites certainly doesn't hurt. I actually have 5 boxes of matsuda method timid Froakie eggs (both rents have HA, not sure how many that'll carry onto), but I haven't gotten around to hatching them yet, because I'm kinda worried all that time would have been wasted ^^' And then, if it doesn't have Protean, I'd seriously have to reconsider my strategy were I to incorporate it into my team... But, yeah.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
Shiny Umbreon. Now that I got one, I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllly want a shiny Mew. Because flippin' MEW.

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
Years
I'm aiming to get a shiny Eevee. It's my favorite Pokemon and the silver just complements it so much. Also I do really like shiny Mega Gardevoir. If I ever get my Eevee I'm definately going to try doing the MM for a shiny Ralts.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I want a Shiny Latias very badly. It's so gorgeous - a shimmering golden orange color. I think it's just about the prettiest shiny out there, besides Roserade and, ah, Milotic.

Back