• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Advance Battle System in Ruby

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
I would like to present everyone to a working implementation I created of the Pokemon Advance battle system in the Ruby language, and thus for RPG Maker XP. It correctly implements all moves, the damage system, commands, effects, etc.

Please visit the address in my signature to access the battle system.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Wow, theres a lot of scripts there! Mind compiling a demo with them implemented or something?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
I have added a demo link to the battle system project page. Use the link in my signature to access that page.

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen yesterday
The system is great, but it's not very much like Pokemon seeing as there are no graphics displayed and the Menu layout of the system is completely different.

If you were to make it look like the Pokemon Battle System it would be perfect, but i give you an A+ for making a system Act like the Pokemon Battle System. Great Job!

Will you think about making it look like the Pokemon Battle System?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
The primitive look of my battle system is somewhat intentional. It illustrates that my system can separate the battle logic from its graphical appearance. An appearance more similar to the one in the Pokemon games is therefore possible by replacing just the code file "PokeBattle_Scene". I am already working on such a scene to reproduce the look of Pokemon Advance battles.

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen yesterday
The primitive look of my battle system is somewhat intentional. It illustrates that my system can separate the battle logic from its graphical appearance. An appearance more similar to the one in the Pokemon games is therefore possible by replacing just the code file "PokeBattle_Scene". I am already working on such a scene to reproduce the look of Pokemon Advance battles.

Sounds great :D You certainly are one of the best RGSS Scripters I've ever talked to. I might see if I can edit it a bit.

Keep it up man, You're great at this!

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
I have updated my battle system project page with a new demo, this time making the look of the battle system resemble that of the Pokemon games and fixing some bugs.

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen yesterday
I have updated my battle system project page with a new demo, this time making the look of the battle system resemble that of the Pokemon games and fixing some bugs.

Wow!!!! I am amazed with this :) Great Job.

Will you implement the use of items eventually? And Am I correct in saying that the Battle Window is 480 x 320 so it should work perfectly in Blizzy's Kit right?

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
YOU. ARE. A. GENIUS.

I'm going to use this- you should put comments telling you how to mod it in the next version, though. On behalf of everyone without their own personal scripting genius, thank you.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
This is just my opinion:
We can't use this do make a pokemon game, because of those pokemon, it is not load from your party, it give you randomly...

EDIT : Sorry, my younger brother post the reply, not me. I'm bathing XD!

Last edited:

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen yesterday
This is not really good at all!! You can own your pokemon yourself. I mean your pokemon is the generated one!

I know you understand how to be an ass, but you don't understand concepts at all do you?
wtf.gif

The pure fact that he created a Battle System that replicates the properties of the System found in the GBA Games is truly amazing. I'd like to see you do that.

Btw poccil, when you get a chance read my PM ;)

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Well, sorry all!
The bad english before my edit is my brother's.

EDIT: My naughty brother again.

Last edited:

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
Years
amazing stuff you got there, except, I don't see why you are using an large array for the exp table (growth rates). They can be replaced by few simple formulas.

there are 4 types of experience tables:
medium, fast, slow, parabolic.
here are the formulas of it, in ruby.
Code:
medium:
exp = level ** 3
fast:
exp = ((0.8).to_f * level ** 3).floor
slow:
exp = ((1.25).to_f * level ** 3).floor
parabolic:
exp = (((1.2).to_f * level ** 3) - (15 * level ** 2) - (100 * level) -140).floor
It will take a few days to know how your system works... It's one big mess to read XD

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
To reply to your message: There are actually six growth rates in Pokemon Advance. While the older four
growth rates can be algorithmically derived, the newer
two rates cannot be, and in fact, the game stores
each growth rate as a table, as I have done here.

Aqua Mudkip

LOL I'm okay!
Years
You are one of the top most outstanding PokeScripters in the whole PokeWorld! You've got the skills of making a great game! Why not you make one yourself! That would be good! Don't worry, Even if it's not so good, you were the one that made the Ultimate Starter Kit. Were here to cheer for you. ~*^u^~

Last edited:
Back