• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite Pokémon [of Each Type]?

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Flareon is better than it is given credit for.
I like Magcargo's typing the most, but would prefer something with it to be better with physical attacks, and it looks rather goofy.

Years
Chandelure is my definite fave, 'nuff said.

However I love Infernape too cos it's a FLAMIN' MONKEY! (I'm born in the Year of the Monkey and I do love monkeys)

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
From the ones listed, I have to side with Infernape. It's a monkey with a flaming crown. That's enough to garner my vote.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Ugh, this is difficult to decide because I love Fire-types so much. Can I please just say all of them? Um...I'll go with Growlithe/Arcanine! I love them so much; they're so cute and powerful, and they're really fast and learn some great moves, too! And they're really fluffy, too, so you can use them as a giant pillow or cuddle up next to them to stay warm. o3o

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I like Chanalare the best, but for the poll I will choose Houndoom because I like it's design

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Okay, I'm doing this. Overall, my top 4 favorites are Latias, Cresselia, Venusaur & Palkia, in case anyone wonders.

Bug:
637.png
To be honest, I find Volcarona to be sort of a beauty Pokemon when female, but tough Pokemon when male. I never really got into the Bug Pokemon until she came along with the Fire half. Definitely a rare breed, I love her. Honorable mention goes to Scizor & Heracross.

Dark:
571.png
- I actually love Foxes & Zoroark is a Fox. So...she gets my vote. Illusive FTW!

Dragon:
380.png
- My Number 1 Favorite Pokemon of all time. Latias is a beautiful Pokemon all around, I would always love her in my party. In fact, she's done me good way too many times than any other Pokemon, so I do in fact, have a history with Latias in my party. Honorable mention goes to every dragon types there is, except Druddigon. Without Latias, I would be stuck on this one for ages.

Electric:
604.png
- So the third Pokemon ever to not have a weakness but first ever to not be a Ghost or Dark type. Uh what more do you need! Honorable mention to Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu & Zapdos

Fighting:
257.png
- Blaziken is definitely my 2nd favorite starter. As surprised as I still am, he's in Uber category. Oh yeah! Speed Boost FTW!

Fire:
250.png
- So many to choose from here. Reshiram, Ho-Oh, Acranine, Blaziken again, Ninetales. I'd have to go with the 2nd Generation Legendary Pokemon, Ho-Oh, because of its amazing colors. It shines in the Anime beautifully, which caught my eyes when I saw it for the very first time.

Flying:
249.png
- Definitely Lugia. I love Lugia a bit more than Ho-Oh, but the Guardian of the Sea role is just awesome.

Ghost:
487.png
- Ghosts haven't really been my thing to be honest. I like Gengar, but the rest are meh. Giratina only because its a Dragon so...

Grass:
003.png
- Favorite Starter Ever. Beast under the sun. Best dinosaur ever created. 'Nuff said. Honorable mention to Leafeon, Celebi & Shaymin

Ground:
445.png
- I can't help but wonder, what IS my favorite ground type? I did love Nidoking back in Generation 1, Krookodile looks cool. Steelix is scary awesome. Once again, a Dragon role of Garchomp & Flygon takes up the top 2 spots here. Need I to say? Dragons again...

Ice:
131.png
- I would say Cloyster, but I would be lying if I said no to Lapras. I don't know, Lapras has always been an interesting Pokemon to me from the start. Using her as a boat is probably the reason. Since I love swimming & all.

Normal:
468.png
- Definitely this one. Has a great wide variety of movepool. Pretty bulky & powerful too. Honorable mention goes to Porygon-Z & the awesome model, Cinccino!

Poison:
003.png
- Didn't want to use two Pokemon here but, I've got no choice. Venusaur top best once again. Check out the Grass type section for details.

Psychic:
488.png
- Would be Latias, but because she's been chosen for Dragon, I'm giving Cresselia a spotlight for this one as a runner-up. Beauty, Majestic, very bulky, interesting movepool to say at the least. Honorable mention goes out to Espeon, Mew, Mewtwo, Lugia, Latios & Metagross.

Rock:
142.png
- He's fast. Mighty fast. Speed is a huge + here. I am going to say the honorable mention goes to Aron. Even though I do hate my middle name a bit, Aron is my middle name ;) Can you say bond! Kabutops gets a spotlight as well.

Steel:
227.png
- Skarmory is awesome. Very defensive, but almost all Steel Pokemon are pretty much. I love the design. Honorable mention goes to Scizor, Metagross, Bronzong, Dialga, Aron & Steelix.

Water:
484.png
- Palkia is the best Pokemon designed ever! I love Dialga & Giratina also, but Palkia best them hands down. I love the lack of weaknesses, so Palkia is great. Honorable mention DEFINITELY goes to Kingdra, Milotic, Lapras, Starmie, Suicune & Kyogre!

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
coin toss between Latios and Garchomp but I guess I'll go with garchomp
gets STAB with my 2 of my top 3 favorite moves outrage and earthquake(1st earthquake,2nd explosion 3rd outrage) cynthia stomps on Lance's dragonite all day!
it resists dirty thunder wave I hate being paralysed :L

or19937

Keep calm & BURN IT WITH FIRE!
Years
Fire -
228.gif
229.gif

The two are my all time #1 favorites(yeah, they're both number one).
If I was a Pokemon trainer, there would definitely be a Houndour/Houndoom in my team.

Water -
062.gif

I just love this big fella. I think he'd make a great buddy and a team member.
I could definitely use a pat on the shoulder from this one when i'm down xD

Grass -
001.gif

Loved it since I watched the episode in which Ash caught his when I was a child.
It's both loveable and tough at the same time, and that's always a winning combination.

Electric -
595.gif

This type is probably one of my least favorite to date. Not many Pokemon I can really relate to in it.
My other choice would be Ampharos, but I realised that I only liked it as a team member in Pokemon Crystal(traded with a friend as a child), but never actually liked its concept or artwork.
Joltik, on the other hand, I really like. It's adoreable and I think the bug/electric combo is awesome.

Psychic -
280.gif

I am a very emotional person, and I also suffer from depression and various anxieties.
I think having one of Ralts' evolution forms with me in my Poke-life would be very helpful, since they can sense human emotion, and can communicate with their trainers in a very special way that I find would be very helpful to my situation in that world.

Ice -
471.gif

My list of favorite Pokemon just wouldn't be complete without an Eeveelution.
I find Glaceon's appearance to be very beautiful and gentle. I find all the eeveelutions to be very loveable, and believe any of them could be a great Poke-pal in the Poke-world.

Dragon -
371.gif
373.gif

I think Bagon's will to be able to fly is very touching and poetic. The fact that it eventually succeeds and becomes a Salamance is very inspiring and uplifting.

Dark -
198.gif

I think I am more interested and intrigued by Murkrow than I am loving it.
On the one hand it's a mischievous, not very likeable Dark-Flying bird Pokemon. But on the other hand it's not evil, and kinda looks constantly happy and content. I think having a good natured Murkrow as a team member in the Poke-world would be really fun.

Normal -
506.gif
507.gif
508.gif

I really love dogs and canines in general.
I find Lillipup adorable, Herdier determined and Stoutland very honorable. This evolution cycle is kind of reminiscent of some actual dog breeds' growing phases.

Fighting -
056.gif
057.gif

I loved those two ever since I watched the anime as a kid. I used to watch the episode in which ash catches Mankey numerous times.

Flying -
022.gif

Idk, I just love it. It's intimidating and strong, and I personally find it sort of majestic looking.
I think being able to befriend one in the hypothetical Poke-world would be so rewarding.

Poison -
034.gif

Just like Fearow, I am very attracted to its fearsome appearance and strong nature. I also find it to be just as Majestic. I love all of the other Nidoran(Male) evolution forms as well.

Ground -
104.gif

Seriously guys, how many Pokemon have a better back-story than this little guy? I'd say NONE.
So sad, poetic and cute, yet strong and inspiring at the same time. I love it, and I want to give it a big hug.

Rock -
111.gif

I don't really like rock types that much, but I find Rhyhorn's concept to be very nice looking, and I think that all of his evolution forms are pretty damn badass.

Bug -
637.gif

Gah, I don't even know where to begin. This Pokemon is so beautiful and majestic and strong and fearsome and fuzzy and I just love it. I find it to be the best bug Pokemon to date.

Ghost -
425.gif

Another one of my least favorite types. My preferred ghost type used to be Gengar, but idk, I just don't really like it I guess.
I find drifloon to be adorable and that's pretty much it. I like it even though its back-story is freaking terrifying o-o...

Steel -
208.gif

It's badass. Nothing more to it. I love its appearance and the fact that it's gray, huge and has 'steel' in it's name.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
This one will be hard :

Dark: Umbreon, or scrafty. Umbreon it is cute and has good moves :), Scrafty, I like its design, even if its German name is stupid I am not such a big fan of fighting types but I like that it is dual typed with dark.

Steel: Skarmory: Coolest bird ever, and it has such a good defense. I love its shiny version too :D

Ghost: Gastly , I love its TCG cards :lol:

Salamence, or garchomp. Hm I like blue and they are both strong pokes. worth the training :D

bug: Leavanny. I know it is weak but it is actually a big Pokemon that I like from the start . I like its combo too even if its a weak one. nice colours :)

Ice: Sneasel , it dark too and I like dark pokemon.

rock: Tyranitar. It is dark as well, it is one of the only rock pokes I like though. I am not big into rock pokemon but I do like this one.

psychic: Unown, I don't care if they are not exactly battle fit pokes, but I like their mystery and I like collecting them all. they are cute, and I love the TCG cards as well :D

Ground :Swampert. best starter ever especially against electro :D

Electro: Electabuzz. Awesome design , and i like electro anyway.

Poison: Crobat . not a fan of poison, but crobat is awesome , fast and good colo.

Grass: Tropius. a flying palm tree dinosaur , how cool is that?

Flying: Staraptor. bad ass bird, bst of the starter birds.

Water: Vaporeon. best eeveelution, and i love water pokes.

Fighting: hariyama. Kendomon, yeah best looking fighting one.

Fire : typhlosion: my fav fire starter, only gen where i would start with one :D

Normal : Furret . Cutest normal poke :D

Last edited:

Nakala Pri

Oshawott rules but you can't but fall in love with Pikachu. After all, once you read the books (I didn't get the chance to watch the series), Pikachu is really loyal and adorable at the same time. The one where Pikachu can't decide between Ash or the other wild pikachu's and realises happiness in his trainer proves its loyalty. So there, Pikachu.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Bug -
267.gif
Ever since I saw it's design, I was completely mesmerized. I use it sometimes in Contests in R/S/E...
Dark -
461f.gif
Weavile is unique. There is something mysterious about it. I just don't know... :/
Dragon -
334.gif
Altaria is majestic and beautiful. And by far has the coolest design imo.
Electric -
311.gif
312.gif
These two have captured my heart. It's designs are cute and lovely. =3
Fighting -
640.gif
Virizion looks cool imo. And it is also a Grass Type... 'nuff said.
Fire -
257f.gif
Blaziken proves to be useful. I actually choose it in picking starters.
Flying -
492-sky.gif
Idk why but I think it is because they replenish the lands with flowers? Meh...
Ghost -
292.gif
Shedinja is too mysterious... and I like it... Somehow creepy... :/
Grass -
182.gif
My most favorite Pokemon of all, Bellossom is the most cutest one imo... I never get tired of it tbh...
Ground -
290.gif
A tough one... Nincada comes out on top since it is the only one who stood out for me...
Ice -
471.gif
Glaceon is the coolest (no pun intended) Ice Pokemon I've ever seen... I just fell in love with it...
Normal -
573.gif
Cinccino has a cute and majestic style to it... And it is soo cute <3
Posion -
045.gif
The counterpart to Bellossom, this was the obvious choice... Other Poison types don't interest me...
Psychic -
282.gif
Gardevoir since it is the most cooles out of the bunch...
Rock -
338.gif
Solrock stood out for me as it is technically a "Sun Stone".... :P
Steel -
448.gif
Awesomeness + Fighting Type + Steel Type + Pokemon = Lucario 'nuff said...
Water -
350f.gif
Milotic is beautiful... And getting it is a big challenge. I love it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Who's your favorite Grass-Type Pokémon and why?

Just what the title says. Anyhow my favorite Grass-Type would have to be Sceptile. I like how Dragon-like it is and how it proves that though learning Dragon-Type moves like Dragon Claw. I also like how it's a fast Grass-Type with great speed.

Years
I've never been a person that uses Grass type Pokemon a lot, but I would have to say that Breloom is my favorite. It isn't neccessarily because it's a Pokemon that I like to use a lot, but it was the first Shiny Pokemon that I caught in any of the games, so that's why it's my favorite. A close second for me would be Sceptile as well, and for a few of the same reasons as you've listed, too.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Tropius. Best Pokemon of all time. Like a giant prehistoric dinosaur tree. That flies.

Nakala Pri

Not really a fan of Grass type, but... probably Cherubi. Its adorable but not very strong. Good enough in the mean time ^,^

Back