• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokemon in BW2 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
BW2 sure has a big Pokedex. You know... Game Freak could just troll us and say that they're putting every single Pokemon in the game. OVERKILL TIME. Ha, I could spend a hour just on that 1st route. But then again if we stick to what they officially said-around "300" Pokemon- that is gonna be a lot, still, on each and every route/place/location. Not to mention the random roaming legendaries.

Che, I wonder how Game Freak devised which Pokemon got in or didn't make it... was it some random poll or lottery? Or bribes. I could see that... "100,000 Yen (in U.S. dollars-$1,255.18, that's right, big money) for Gyarados and Magikarp!" "No, Magikarp sucks and Gyarados has double weaknesses!" "Oh yeah-" bla, bla, bla, etc.

Ugh. What a pain to wait for officials to say which previous generation Pokemon got in. Just release them all on one special day. A month til the release of the game maybe?

We prolly won't know what all the Pokemon are until someone gets an advance copy and hacks it like they did with Black and White.

Years
We prolly won't know what all the Pokemon are until someone gets an advance copy and hacks it like they did with Black and White.
True. Or leaks from some random Game Freak employee. I didn't hear about that BW hacker though... I need to check on this kind of news more often...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
True. Or leaks from some random Game Freak employee. I didn't hear about that BW hacker though... I need to check on this kind of news more often...

That employee got fired and arrested. As for the hacker, the guys from one of the news sites basically just ripped the images out and started spreading them across the internet, Nintendo then served a removal notice saying that they would sue if the New Pokemon Sprites were not removed until the games were released due to Copy Right infringement.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2013
Wait can't metagross already be caught in black and white in the giant chasm?

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2013
Oh ok. sorry I misunderstood. Yeah, I thinnk getting a metagross from the wild before the elite 4 would be too overpowered. I hope it stays after you beat the game.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Oh ok. sorry I misunderstood. Yeah, I thinnk getting a metagross from the wild before the elite 4 would be too overpowered. I hope it stays after you beat the game.

Its already confirmed in the new Pokedex so its going to be before the Elite Four since they started the new Pokedex mechanic back in Gen 4.

Years
Adding on to ixin and KingCyndaquil, since Metagross was a post-game Pokemon what about the rest of the post-game ones? I think the ones that made the cut and were in post-game got moved to the main game. But... this brings the question... Who all (ha, ha, the awkward pronoun "who all", ha, ha) could be the new post-game Pokemon? I mean there are 300+ Pokemon to choose from, not to mention their evolutionary lines...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Adding on to ixin and KingCyndaquil, since Metagross was a post-game Pokemon what about the rest of the post-game ones? I think the ones that made the cut and were in post-game got moved to the main game. But... this brings the question... Who all (ha, ha, the awkward pronoun "who all", ha, ha) could be the new post-game Pokemon? I mean there are 300+ Pokemon to choose from, not to mention their evolutionary lines...

There probably won't be any Post Game Pokemon, and if there are, then maybe none that were in Black and White as it seems that all the Pokemon from Black and White's Post Game are in B2W2.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Nah there could be post-game Pokemon but they'll be the opposites of what we don't have - do with Seviper and Koffing we miss out on Arbok and Muk which could be post-game.

Years
Weeell, whatever. I agree w/Requility's theory, I mean come on, no Post-game Pokemon? Seems... odd. Then we would have no fun in the post-game but that's another topic. It's more plausible that we will get the ones we don't have, afterwards. I just hope they're the uber, overpowered ones like Metagross. Not some weak "_______" (I don't want to start a fight... so mentally fill in the blank yourselves). It's like going home after a long time and you battle the annoying Patrats, Starlys, and Pidgeys with your Lv. 100 Emboar.
I just hope that we get some new Pokemon in the post-game.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
It's Pokémon. They'll find any excuse to throw as many Pokémon into the game as they can. There's little value in whether putting them in or not is balanced, because the values you might hold towards Pokémon will generally differ.

Throwing Heracross in somewhere in the post game? Who cares - you could trade it in anyway. :P

I hate being that guy but: ^This.
Like, legit, this entirely. It's Pokemon. Why would they not add more Pokemon into a Pokemon game? Heck, I could even see them going so far as tossing in some roaming legendary Pokemon in there just for the heck of it while giving them a story line, too. They have to include their Pokemon somehow.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Weeell, whatever. I agree w/Requility's theory, I mean come on, no Post-game Pokemon? Seems... odd. Then we would have no fun in the post-game but that's another topic. It's more plausible that we will get the ones we don't have, afterwards. I just hope they're the uber, overpowered ones like Metagross. Not some weak "_______" (I don't want to start a fight... so mentally fill in the blank yourselves). It's like going home after a long time and you battle the annoying Patrats, Starlys, and Pidgeys with your Lv. 100 Emboar.
I just hope that we get some new Pokemon in the post-game.

But Metagross is already in the Pokedex! :( ...and also isn't an uber. :x

Yeah I see that point @ bottom, though. I guess they could always dramatically increase the levels of what you find in Unova to annoy us more. XD;

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
BW2 sure has a big Pokedex. You know... Game Freak could just troll us and say that they're putting every single Pokemon in the game. OVERKILL TIME. Ha, I could spend a hour just on that 1st route. But then again if we stick to what they officially said-around "300" Pokemon- that is gonna be a lot, still, on each and every route/place/location. Not to mention the random roaming legendaries.

Che, I wonder how Game Freak devised which Pokemon got in or didn't make it... was it some random poll or lottery? Or bribes. I could see that... "100,000 Yen (in U.S. dollars-$1,255.18, that's right, big money) for Gyarados and Magikarp!" "No, Magikarp sucks and Gyarados has double weaknesses!" "Oh yeah-" bla, bla, bla, etc.

Ugh. What a pain to wait for officials to say which previous generation Pokemon got in. Just release them all on one special day. A month til the release of the game maybe?
Well they do hold popularity contest polls over in Japan, kind of like the ones we have to dream what pokemon we wanted for Dream World and so on. So they can take the info they got from voting and translate that to what they think is the most popular or wanted among the fans then include some of them if not all high ranked ones in the pre-national dex.

But Metagross is already in the Pokedex! :( ...and also isn't an uber. :x

Yeah I see that point @ bottom, though. I guess they could always dramatically increase the levels of what you find in Unova to annoy us more. XD;
Maybe the user meant pseudo legendary instead of the competitive term "uber". On top of that Metagross also appeared in the trailer so for sure in the dex.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I can't help but wonder if any of the past generations legendaries will be included in this dex, the only dex to have legends from another is Johto but that one has all the pokemon at the time of it's introduction (plus the gen IV evolutions). Though considering how these games seem to be Johtoesk it's possible, perhaps the Sinnoh triad will be included (revealing what Ghetsis was planning maybe?). Then again that would kind of be overkill since BW already has 13 legends of it's own...

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
Is anyone else shocked they haven't revealed Pikachu yet? Pikachu is their main Pokemon for everything about them.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Is anyone else shocked they haven't revealed Pikachu yet? Pikachu is their main Pokemon for everything about them.
Well it is kinda surprising but I feel like they're waiting just til the games come out since it's "expected" and leave us thinking "oh no NO MOAR PIKACHU" when really, no, chances are it'll appear.

Or maybe they just will try to alienate anime fans by not including Pikachu idk.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

Well it is kinda surprising but I feel like they're waiting just til the games come out since it's "expected" and leave us thinking "oh no NO MOAR PIKACHU" when really, no, chances are it'll appear.

Or maybe they just will try to alienate anime fans by not including Pikachu idk.

I sure as peaches hope they don't include that little gremlin of a Pokemon. Again, like you said, they more than likely will, but it'd be nice to have another game that doesn't include Pikachu before you defeat the Elite Four or w/e we're supposed to do.

I could see them replacing Pikachu with Plusle and Minun. I wouldn't mind that, tbh.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh because of the whole opposites thing? Maybe. If not I wouldn't mind seeing a greater importance placed on Emolga in Pikachu's place if it doesn't have a role.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Oh because of the whole opposites thing? Maybe. If not I wouldn't mind seeing a greater importance placed on Emolga in Pikachu's place if it doesn't have a role.

Oui.
And I would have thought that when they made Black and White, but Emolga's only importance was that it was in Elesa's team and that you could trade a Boldore for one. Other than that it was pretty absent. If they do bring back Pikachu I hope they give it a little more importance than it has been given. As much as I don't like it, it IS the franchise's mascot You'd expect to see a little more of it.

Anyway, I'm really hoping they bring in Magikarp and Gyarados. <3
Maybe not give them as many routes and towns as they have been given since the franchise began, but a little something, maybe like one or two routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back