• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon - Chosen Destiny

How good is CDest, now, in your opinion?

• EXCELLENT! Keep up the good work!

Votes: 39 66.1%
  • Uh, GREAT! Keep on going!

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I'm not sure...

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Uh, I suggest that you need to improve, BIG TIME!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What?! You call this a game?!

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
This is a game I'm making in RMXP, below are the details:

-- New screenshots --
The Not-so-new Menu Layout :) :
MenuNew.png

I've Redone PalBark Town :) Here are the new screenshots of them :)
PBark3.png

PBark2.png

PBark1.png

Also, I've redone the intro :) Pichu's red, 'cause, I made it in a way, where it ACTUALLY somes out from the pokeball:
intro1.png

I've made the new choices thingy (Lots of thanks to Virtual)
In the Intro:
intro2.png

Most Sidequests are no longer one-time, you can choose "Hmm..." to think about it:
Choice.png

Last Screenshot: I've completely remade the PokeDev Layout, Whew, ignore the "0 JK"s, There will be something there in replacement.
PDevNew.png

-- Game Story --
The official motto of CDest: "The path of truth is beyond the borders of lies, so choose your path wisely and it will lead into your destiny"
This was a legendary saying of the people of Johkan (Johkens).
The Johkens believed that in the midst of truth, there is a lie. And in the midst of a lie, there is truth.
Thus, believing this, lead to peace through out the world.

One day, 2 mythical stones the Hturt Stone and the Eil Stone, one of the sacred stones of the Ancient people of Johkan broke up into 2 identical pieces. The Two ruling tribes (Arykurt Tribe and Kroail Tribe) of Ancient Johkan (previously known as Nakjoh) got each of the pieces of the Hturt and Eil stones.
The Hturt and Eil stones were known as that time a the Positive and Negative energies of life. So, each tribe had one Eil Shard and one Hturt Shard.

As a result, the Positive Hturt Shard and the negative Eil Shard fused and created the White and Black Stones. This was due to that one tribe had more quantities of the Shard than the other, thus, resulting to those Stones.
Through greed and jealousy, each tribe wanted the opposite Stone as their own as well to fuse them and to create the Eternal Stone which would grant them eternal life.

Little did they know that each stone would have a guardian guarding them. The Guardian of Truth, Trukyra, and The Guardian of Lies, Liaork. Legend has it that once the Stones of Hturt and Eil were extracted from their lairs beneath the earth, these pok?mon shall awaken and fight those disturbed their shrines. Thus the Legendary War Began. Little did Trukyra and Liaork know that the humans were responsible for disturbing their shrines. Each thought it was the other that awoken them by disturbing their shrine. They were in such jealousy towards each other that they hadn't had time to think of the facts that neither of them disturbed their shrines. They fought and fought and the tribes of Johkan fought and fought until suddenly... a light, a bright light appeared from the sky and struck both pokemon and tribes down.
Nowadays, that battle is a mere legend, the Eil, Htrut stones along with it.

One of the famous researchers, Professor Craig, explored the region for remains of this stones and of this tragic battle. He found some... but... led no exact connection between each of his evidences. The descendants of the Arykurt Tribe [Tribe, worshipping Trukyra] and the Kroail Tribe [Tribe, worshipping Liaork], have formed a team with these respected tribe Names. They plan to resurrect the two mythical pok?mon, Arykurt, Trukyra, while Kroail, Liaork. The evidence of Professor Craig had gotten into their ears, and they will do what it takes to destroy one another. You start out in Joh Island, the location of Professor Oak's Research Laboratory in Johkan. Your goal is to explore the Ancient Ruins of Johkan, but, you can't do that alone. Pok?mon will be your guidance.

-- Features --
o - New Region (JOHKAN)
o - Special Appearances of Prof. Birch and Elm. And many more!
o - Day/Night System
o - Social Systems (Friends, Rivals, Fame, Despise)
o - Default Custom Battle System (DCBS) [Planning on a CBS]
o - Possibly 15 new pok?mon
o - Multiple Mini Games
o - Very detailed introduction (Explaining the JOHKAN Region, explaining the legend in JOHKAN, and many more)
o - Multiple Side Quests (One Time Side Quests, and other types)
o - Gym Leaders actually are more interactive, they each have a very interesting background, and, their actions towards you will vary as how you treat them (Part of Social System)
o - Ability to join either Teams. [Team Arykurt or Team Kroail]

-- Add Ons --
o - Secret Save Files
These are special save files which are used to go into secret maps and secret mini games in CDest, these secret towns have many things to explore and fun to play, which I guarantee.

-- Demo Releases --
Version 001 - Not Planned Yet.

-- Credits -- (Main Credits, in Bold)
-virtual-: Tilesets, Scripts, Lots of Help
Esai: Tileset, Scripts, Lots of Help, Window Skins
FangKingOmega: Tilesets
RM2K3Kid: Autotiles
GymLeaderLance99: Pok?mon Cries
pokefor.tk: Character Sets
Dubealex: Scripts
rataime: Reflection Script
Jeff_PKLight: Encounter Thingy, Auto Tiles, TileSets
VGMusic: Music, what else?!

-- Scripts in CDest --
>> Advanced Message Script Version 4 [Dubealex]
>> Reflection Script [Rataime]
>> Text Scroll Script Version 3 [Dubealex]
>> Memorize Location Script Version 2 [Dubealex]
>> Custom Menu (Majority of code, -virtual-, Menu Option Information, Esai)
>> PokeDev Menu [In Complete] (Custom)
>> CDBS (Help from: -virtual- and Esai)

-- Other systems in CDest --
>> Surfing System [Incomplete, VERY buggy]
>> Running System [Incomplete, buggy]
>> Biking System [Not Started yet]
>> Diving System [Not Started yet]
>> Encounter Common Event [Original Code by Jeff, edited to make use of only one common event instead of dozens, by Peekimon]

-- Summary --
Two Rivaling Teams : Team Arykurt and Team Kroail, Descendants of the Arykurt and Kroail Tribes.
I have removed the other teams, Team Rocket, Aqua, and Magma, and made it into two teams, but, still you can join either teams.

-- Side Info --
Game Name: Pok?mon - Chosen Destiny
Nickname: CDest [NOT CD!!!]
Creator / Producer / Developer: Peekimon

-- Team CDest --
:: Beta Testing Division ::
1 - Jeff_PKLight
2 - Sharpedo
3 - Shadow2000
4 - Tull
5 - Pichu1
6 - Bullshirt (BSP F)

:: Proof Reading Division ::
1 - Leader Marina

:: Spriting Division ::
1 - Character Sets >> Matt
2 - Pok?mon Sprites >> Entei Master [Quad Pod]

-- Map Report -- LEGEND: in Red Color, means, haven't started yet, or in progress
General:
Pokemon Centers
Pokemon Marts
Gyms

:: Routes ::
Sea Route 1

: Joh Island :
:: Towns/ Cities ::
Palbark Town
|- Your House > Your Room
|- Professor Oak's Lab
|- Palbark FlowerShop

Virigrove City
|- Keron's House
|- Virigrove Trainer Gathering Center
|- Other Houses

Pewtviol City
|- Pewtviol Port

Cerulteak City
Route Joh 1
Route Joh 2
Route Joh 3

:: Landmarks ::
Palbark Forest
Lia Ork Cave [Previously known as Crystal Caves]
Cave of Secrets

: Johkan Main Land :

Cirtcele Town
Granrock City
Waterhaven Town
Frozdrop Town
Lamron City
Vermilirod City

Route JML 1
Route JML 2
Route JML 3
Route JML 4

Grand Forest
Johkan Lighthouse
Pok?mon Research Center
Shoalbay Port

: Johkan Islands :

Tropicalm Island

None Yet

None Yet

: Bordera-[Kanto/Johto/Hoenn] :

None Yet

None Yet

None Yet

Completed Maps: 18 Maps
---

Last edited:

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
Thanks for your comments, guys!
I'll try putting up more when I finished atleast the Friendship / Rivalry System.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
looks cool- the night screen looks too day- maybe add in some blue tint to the night to help keep the screen bright enough- but yet- still give the player a feeling of nighttime....

BTW- maybe PM a mod and ask them to delete the other thread that you made.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
You think so?
OK, I'll tweak the day / night system

BTW:
Who are the mods here?
Edit - - -
PalBark Forest / Night

pbark_nighht.bmp

[ Question : I'm trying to redo this game in RMXP (only TRYING, for now...) I can't understand the layers thing. When I put water, black stuff comes on the borders.... Help. ]

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Who are the mods here?
Darkmage31 and I are the mods. Anyway, I think it has a relatively good plot, and it's very good to begin with!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
What are you making this with and why are the screens different sizes? Plot seems good but I can't really judge the screens because they are so small.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
Sorry about the screens being too small... I'll try making them bigger.
I was making this game with RM2k3 but I changed my mind and remade this game with RMXP. I didn't delete the old one, though.

More Screens, Made in RMXP!!
Palbark:
plbark9vf.gif

Virigrove:
vgrove9qo.gif

3RD City, Pewtiolet:
pewtiolet8td.gif

Comments, please

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, the right hand corner (2nd last tile) doesn't seem to be placed well. You should use a different tile. You may also like to add a hedge behind the lab as it's pretty blank. On the second screen, I think that the waterfall should be placed 1 tile up. The 3rd screen, well could use a bit more filling.

andrvitor

Pok�mon Black!!!AIradeAsh
Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Aug 22, 2018
This game is good, but do you have a version Beta or Demo or Full for download???

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I don't know if this is just me but, I've been waiting around an hour and the image still hasn't shown.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
They are pretty big, so, they take a while to show
Edit:
More Screens!
The Title Screen
title.bmp

Choosing your gender
choose_gender.bmp

Comments, please!

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
I've decided that Pok?mon - Journey through Johkan Needs a name change. The new name is: Pok?mon - Chosen Destiny!

---Could a mod change the title? I can't do it ---

Last edited:

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 10, 2016
That looks really cool! I hope you finish it, it would be fun to be a bad guy. XD

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
Peekimon said:
They are pretty big, so, they take a while to show
Edit:
More Screens!
The Title Screen
title.bmp

Choosing your gender
choose_gender.bmp

Comments, please!

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
I've decided that Pok?mon - Journey through Johkan Needs a name change. The new name is: Pok?mon - Chosen Destiny!

---Could a mod change the title? I can't do it ---
Fix that title.

Back