• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
sure why not I'd love to be beta tester....Just what do i do? do you really expect me to put more than 4000 lines of code in A SINGLE SCRIPT? seems kinda rediculous if you ask me.
I don't know what you're talking about by 4000 lines of code, but then again I'm forgetful...
(And by the way, do you have a brother called Robert?)

i prefer XSE is free of bug is perfect
This too is pretty much free of bugs, and that was sort of spam-ish. But hey, XSE is decent too!

PS. Birthday today, not using a mouse.
Graphics Tablet!

shane2243

Dragonite Lover
Years
when using this i found it wont let me use the "give pokemon script" button properly i used this code....

"#org 0x8168CD2
'-----------------------------------
msgbox 0x818D50B ' \v\h01 played with the NES.\p[.]WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!\n\v\h01 found a pokemon hiding behind the T.V.
callstd 0x3 '
end

#org 0x818D50B
= \v\h01 played with the NES.\p[.]WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!\n\v\h01 found a pokemon hiding behind the T.V.
#org 0x8800534
checkflag 0x828
if 0x1 jump 0x8800546
addpokemon 0x1 0x5
setflag 0x828
end 'Target of the if 0x1 jump is here. if you change the code, change the jump too."

and when i press complie, this is what i get...

"Opened file.
#ORG
-> 0x8168CD2
MSGBOX
-> 0x818D50B
CALLSTD
-> 0x3
#ORG
-> 0x818D50B
[STRING]
-> \v\h01 played with the NES.\p[.]WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!\n\v\h01 found a pokemon hiding behind the T.V.
#ORG
-> 0x8800534
CHECKFLAG
-> 0x828
IF
-> 0x1
-> JUMP
-> 0x8800546
ADDPOKEMON
-> 0x1
-> 0x5
Unknown value in ADDPOKEMON (Value must be integer)"

is it something im doing wrong? if so what? any help greatly appreciated

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
I don't know what you're talking about by 4000 lines of code, but then again I'm forgetful...
(And by the way, do you have a brother called Robert?)
quote] Ok first of all no I do not have a brother. Much less a brother named Robert. I have a friend who lives in kittery maine named red but that's the only person i know with a first name starting with "r" so no i don't. and second you said something about having more than 49** I forgot the other two I remember four because I'm like wholy fudge! 4,000 offsets in a single script seems kinda rediculous. I can't remembe exactly what you said but it was something to do with dynamic offsets and having unlimited amounts of them... any ways. so yeah and err what do i do as a betteh testah? (that's gangstah fuh beta tester) Idk why i don't wanna talk n0rma1 2da ( i don't know why I don't want to talk normal today)

score_under

Years
when using this i found it wont let me use the "give pokemon script" button properly i used this code....

"#org 0x8168CD2
'-----------------------------------
msgbox 0x818D50B ' \v\h01 played with the NES.\p[.]WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!\n\v\h01 found a pokemon hiding behind the T.V.
callstd 0x3 '
end

#org 0x818D50B
= \v\h01 played with the NES.\p[.]WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!\n\v\h01 found a pokemon hiding behind the T.V.
#org 0x8800534
checkflag 0x828
if 0x1 jump 0x8800546
addpokemon 0x1 0x5
setflag 0x828
end 'Target of the if 0x1 jump is here. if you change the code, change the jump too."

and when i press complie, this is what i get...

"Opened file.
#ORG
-> 0x8168CD2
MSGBOX
-> 0x818D50B
CALLSTD
-> 0x3
#ORG
-> 0x818D50B
[STRING]
-> \v\h01 played with the NES.\p[.]WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!\n\v\h01 found a pokemon hiding behind the T.V.
#ORG
-> 0x8800534
CHECKFLAG
-> 0x828
IF
-> 0x1
-> JUMP
-> 0x8800546
ADDPOKEMON
-> 0x1
-> 0x5
Unknown value in ADDPOKEMON (Value must be integer)"

is it something im doing wrong? if so what? any help greatly appreciated

I accidentally made that script for Ruby. This bug is fixed in the beta.

addpokemon 0x1 0x5
The first problem is that if you don't want an item, you must set the item ID as "0".
so
addpokemon 0x1 0x5 0
And for convenience when you try to read the script again...
addpokemon BULBASAUR 5 0
And to convert it to Fire Red format, simply...
addpokemon BULBASAUR 5 0 0 0 0
...just add those 3 "0" on to the end.

Also, to avoid silly questions, a common mistake with these kinds of scripts is to put the level as "0x10" and be surprised when you get a level 16 Pokémon. It's good practice to put pokemon levels in decimal (i.e. normal numbers, without the 0x in front).

You said something about having more than 49** I forgot the other two I remember four because I'm like wholy fudge! 4,000 offsets in a single script seems kinda rediculous. I can't remembe exactly what you said but it was something to do with dynamic offsets and having unlimited amounts of them... any ways. so yeah and err what do i do as a betteh testah? (that's gangstah fuh beta tester) Idk why i don't wanna talk n0rma1 2da ( i don't know why I don't want to talk normal today)
I remember what that was now! There is a bug that nobody found in the non-beta of PKSV where if you use more than 4096 #define commands (including in the pokeinc.txt) then it will crash. I don't expect you to find bugs like that, though, as it's rather excessive ;) All you have to do as a beta tester is test it with all kinds of script.
And #define commands, used correctly, can provide "emulation" of #dynamic in non-beta PKSV.

0m3ga_S1nn3r

Beginner Hacker :)
Years
Hi score_under.
When i try to use the AssociateShell.bat it says: ERROR: Access Denied for like 7 lines is there was to fix this aditional info: Im using Windows Vista Home Premuim and im Administrator on my computer. thank you

link12552

decade club
Years
Hi, not to be negative or anything, but whenever I put in this script and try to run it
the game freezes yet music still plays?

Spoiler:

The script is supposed to work like this:

1. You step on the script
    2. Two tree sprites that are hidden behind a tree move right 1
    3. Then the player shows a question mark and faces left
    4. Thus blocks the path back from where you came and the trees don't dissappear untill you you talk to a cyrstall that says this.
Spoiler:

The tree's person event ID number 0247 which should make them dissapear (That part works)

The tree apearing part doesn't.

Please help.

score_under

Years
Annotated the scripts, highlighted mistakes:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The tree's person event ID number 0247 which should make them dissapear (That part works)

The tree apearing part doesn't.

Please help.
I can't see anything in the script which would make the tree appear.
Try putting a CLEARFLAG 0x247 in the relevant script. (0x is the hex prefix, so 0x247 is equal to 583. A surprising number of people miss out the flag numbers like 0x23A, 0x23B, etc)

If anyone else is having 0m3ga_S1nn3r's problem, and is running vista, rightclick the batch file and run as administrator.

Last edited:

-GiЯ

Banned
Years
how do i get pksvui to open up with AM when i set it, then double click on a charecter or script nothing happends pleas help i would so rather use pksvui rather then XSE

link12552

decade club
Years

Annotated the scripts, highlighted mistakes:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I can't see anything in the script which would make the tree appear.
Try putting a CLEARFLAG 0x247 in the relevant script. (0x is the hex prefix, so 0x247 is equal to 583. A surprising number of people miss out the flag numbers like 0x23A, 0x23B, etc)

It doesn't work! I've tried again and again.

Yes, I checked the offeset
Yes, I tried recompiling it
And Yes, I've tried almost every other solution.

When I try to open it again, I get this scrpt:

Spoiler:

Please help, again.

SORRY

Last edited:

0m3ga_S1nn3r

Years
It doesn't work! I've tried again and again.

Yes, I checked the offeset
Yes, I tried recompiling it
And Yes, I've tried almost every other solution.

Spoiler:

Please help, again.

SORRY

What type of offset did u look for? The proper offset should be 0x00 one click on that?
First open your rom in PKSV_UI, make your desired script. Next press press CTRL+P, a new window should pop-up, no on the bottom of the Free Space Finder it should say 0xFF Mode (default) and 0x00 Mode. Click on 0x00 mode then click find. and wait till it finds. and then there should be a new offset in the Found box (eg. 0x8D00531) then copy that offset (write it down, put it on notepad, etc). now close the free space finder and go back to your script. and where it has #org 0x800000 (thats just an example) replace that with the offset you found in the Free Space Finder then compile it. then the window with the script in notepad appears the copy the #ORG offset it should look something like this #ORG
-> 0x8D00531 (e.g)
copy the 8D00531 and put it in A-Map or what ever map editor ur using.

Or you no the script u have... It looks like somethings wrong with that i would ask Dartharon about it and make sure your telling him that ur using PKSV_UI by Score_Under. I hope i helped!

score_under

Years
how do i get pksvui to open up with AM when i set it, then double click on a charecter or script nothing happends pleas help i would so rather use pksvui rather then XSE
Post so soon after the last? Give me a chance to sign in! XD
In AdvanceMap:
Settings -> Choose script editor -> (browse to PKSVUI.exe) -> "open" -> "no"

Spoiler:

Please help, again.

SORRY
#org 0x87231C5
lock
faceplayer
[etc]
You must use that offset for your script. You have set your script to 7231C5 in PKSV, yet are decompiling it at 7231C9.
Go to advancemap, and change the last digit of your offset back to 5 and then it should work.

-GiЯ

Banned
Years
Post so soon after the last? Give me a chance to sign in! XD
In AdvanceMap:
Settings -> Choose script editor -> (browse to PKSVUI.exe) -> "open" -> "no"

OMG its that simple!!! i thought i did that but on those pop-ups at the end i ALWAYS clicked yes, but it works GREAT now Thank you so much

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 27, 2016
ok so i was wondering... how come i cant edit scripts that i put in with pokescript?? i am finding this difficult??

0m3ga_S1nn3r

Years
ok so i was wondering... how come i cant edit scripts that i put in with pokescript?? i am finding this difficult??

Because PokeScript is completely different to PKSV. (e.g You made a script in XSE. and you wanted to put it in PKSV because you were finding it hard to compile. Firstly PKSV doesn't use #dynamic 0x800000 or what ever. Most of the commands are different from XSE.) So this means PokeScript has completely different commands, PKSV is only in its Beta-Alpha stage! So yer!

I hope i answered your question!

Raizaiel

Well, I'll be conflabbed!
Years
Silly Noob Question

Alright, so I just joined but I've been lurking for a long time here. This is my second try over a year to hack a Pokemon rom (I picked Leaf Green just to be silly), but I'm having a problem that I really don't see a solution for on this board. I've downloaded this PKSV because I keep having a "runtime error 53 file not found" message pop up when I try to compile a script back into the Leaf Green rom through Rubicon ScriptEd via Advance Map. So I chose this as a solution, seeing as I CANNOT SAVE SCRIPTS FOR SOME REASON. Sorry. Not being able to save scripts is...tiresome. So I picked PKSV. Only, the batch file, that AssociateShell? It won't run. Just won't do it. I keep trying it and it's just ACCESS IS DENIED-ing itself at me repeatedly, and being as I am a Vista user, I tried it under "Run as Administrator." Now it's telling me it just can't find the damned thing. It's convinced, despite the two and all the other files being in the SAME FOLDER, that the PKSV file isn't there. Just is not there at all.

Would one of you scripting gods bend over softly and point your magic index finger of justice towards my terrible problem? :D

EDIT: I mean, maybe I'm just not doing this right. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong on the scripting front, but I've peeked under every rock I could find. When I "compile" the whodiddlywhatsits, I'm supposed to do so into the actual rom amiright? Click the rom and go "save as?" I just noticed the binary option (SOMEHOW I MISSED IT D: ) and now my world has just flung itself sideways, violently. Any help at all? Mucho appreciated, hombres et senoras.

EDIT TWO: OMG LONG MESSAGE WHAT? Sorry guys.
Anyway, I fixed the compiling problem! THE SPACES IN THE ROM TITLE. Who knew? Apparently, everyone else. But still, as for this main PKSV thing, it sounds interesting and I want to be in on it. It's like the party I never really got invited to, and I'm outside in the rain, staring through the glass at this awesome cake you're all standing around. Help plz? No more long messages from me anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back