• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Isshu Region

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
I personally want to there to be a lot of water this time, because Sinnoh had barely any water routes whatsoever.

I agree, more water routes than Sinnoh, Kanto and Johto. But not as many as Hoenn! That was one of the few flaws with my favourite region.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
The forest is very exciting, I can imagine we will be seeing some new Bug Pokemon in it! Hiun City looks rather cramped by the artwork, but in the game, it looks very nice! The starting town brings that feel of "Oh boy, I just walked out of my house, time to start my adventure." Which is the feel probably everyone get's when they walk out of their house for the first time. That cave looks interesting, what are those squiggly lines on the cavern floor, perhaps electricity bolts, maybe it has something to do with an electric type Pokemon located in that cave! Can't wait for more Info!

I was wondering the same thing too when I saw the picture of the cave, because those lines over to the right just don't seem very natural. The light that's radiating off of the rocks also gets you thinking what could be special about the cave n_n

Also with the forest, it looks as if the trainer came down to the spot he is at from the log behind him. Seems like we'll be seeing more interactive features in the region itself! :D Pretty cool if I say so myself.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Hm, a desert town would seem cool. Pokémon lack of desert. I mean, they had a small bit in R/S/E and D/P/Pt. They should add more of a desert, and make a town or village surrounded by sand.

As for a cactus Pokémon, there's Cacnea and Cacturne. Remember?

Years
Id love to see anACTUAL jungle, not just wet marsh, vines hanging down etc.

Itd be kind of cool to have a ghost town too

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Sounds like a good Region, I like this image;
Isshu.png
Has any noticed that that pair of stairs near the harbor leads to the water? It means we get to surf to some place... wonder where?

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
Has any noticed that that pair of stairs near the harbor leads to the water? It means we get to surf to some place... wonder where?

Wow, I didn't even really think about that when I originally saw those stairs. That's cool that you thought about that! :3 Hopefully you can surf somewhere neat, and hopefully not run into hundreds of Tentacool's on the way xD

Pityflame

Unemployed Ninja
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2012
Has it been confirmed if that the 3rd pic is the starting city?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 28, 2023
Yeah, now that we are in Gen 5, we dont need Tentacool, Geodude, or Zubat. WE NEED TENTAWESOME, GEOMAN, AND MEGABAT!

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
Has it been confirmed if that the 3rd pic is the starting city?

It hasn't been confirmed but it will most likely be the starting town as the way it looks (small and rural) and as the player is outside of the house.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
By my guesses (and the fact that it's a port city), I am safely going to guess that Isshu is going to be south-east of Kanto and Hoenn, making this the most east region in a Pokemon Main-Series game.

Oddly enough, I had a dream about some place called Isshu (pronounced Ie-su) about 2 weeks ago. Creepy, huh?

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
Yeah, I really would like to see some mountains again. Maybe not as large and expansive as Mount Coronet in Sinnoh, but still areas with caves and snow-topped areas.

I also think it would be awesome if there was an almost arctic-esque area, where it would be water/land combined but snowy, along with icebergs that you can go on, etc. Something like that would really appeal to me, and the idea of a desert village like Eeveon said would be awesome :D

Years
Mountains bore me a bit. Every game has had them and they're always full of Zubats and Geodudes. I hope they play down the mountains and play up the urban areas. A more urban region would be pretty interesting especially if you could encounter wild pokemon in some of those areas. It makes sense that some pokemon wouldn't live in caves/water/tall grass. They just better not make it another power plant.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Yeah, it's kind of hard to base assumptions on Isshu just around an image of one city XD;

But another thing I just thought about is what kind of biomes would you like to in the region? Like deserts, mountains, forests, etc.
I personally want to there to be a lot of water this time, because Sinnoh had barely any water routes whatsoever. It's also be cool if there were some tropical areas of some sort, with forests and beaches to go along with it. I just hope for some more exciting areas instead of just the same old trees and grass everywhere.

Washington shall fix that up ;) you would get about every single biome!

I would like to see more water in this game and underwater should be back xD

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I would like to see more water in this game and underwater should be back xD

I agree. I liked the ability to go underwater in R/S/E and I hope it returns in Black and White. However, I'm not big on water routes, especially after Hoenn and its 17 water routes. A handful would be nice but 17 is just ridiculous. I'd also like to see some snow. We got to see a little in Sinnoh and I think it'd be cool to see two or three snow routes in Black and White as well. Finally, I'd also like to see some beaches. Other than that, they can do whatever the heck they want with the region. I just hope that it isn't too urbanized. I liked how natural Hoenn felt.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
Years
By my guesses (and the fact that it's a port city), I am safely going to guess that Isshu is going to be south-east of Kanto and Hoenn, making this the most east region in a Pokemon Main-Series game.

Oddly enough, I had a dream about some place called Isshu (pronounced Ie-su) about 2 weeks ago. Creepy, huh?

Update us on those dreams. :P

Two words: Underwater Vocano. Please, please and please Game Freak!!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I want to see new places. We've been to tons of mountains before; anyone up for a valley? How about we explore the inside of a volcano? I want to explore a barren Arctic wasteland - not the stupid snowy hills of Sinnoh, but a place where if the ice cracks you're frozen in the lake (not really but yeah).

I just want to see something new. Big, huge cities like Hiun would be awesome but I think that they could strive for a little bit more area-wise if they go for that.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
I like the fact that it is more modern. xP But... there would be a lot of buildings with blocked off floors. I mean, they couldn't make 40 floors for every building you are aloud to go in, it would be too much.

But.. Hiun should have a strong connection in the plot, imo.

Back