• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Golurk vs Gigalith

Which one?????????

• Total voters

OmegaTL

Time Lord
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Gigalith, simply because I've actually used it and found it fairly useful.

Years
I think Golurk looks cooler and its typing is more unique than plain old rock. Plus it has some decent abilities at its disposal.

But Gigalith looks like a powerhouse and sturdy is extremely useful for about any Pokemon to have. Golurk just about edges it for me.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I would have to go with Golurk, since I found it to be more useful when playing competitively. It has access to Stealth Rock (one of the most help entry hazards), good defensive stats, a wide range of movepool, and an amazing Attack stat. Thanks to its Iron Fist ability, it's able to land some of the most devastating punching moves and knock out nearly any Pokémon with only one or two hits. d: Its Speed stat is a bit low, but if it was higher, then this Pokémon would have been almost impossible to stop.

I really Gigalith's design, but I don't use it at all in any of my battles. Because of its weakness to water and fighting (two of the most popular Pokémon types in competitive battling), you can't do too many things with it. You should be able to set up a Stealth Rock or two with this Pokémon, but it'll be taken down by your opponent before you even know it. D:

Years
Gigalith because it looks cool :D sadly never got to try it out since I don't have 2 gen 5 games. :/ Still when first played Black and encountered a Roggenrola i was pretty excited and raised it quite a bit, sadly i found out it evolves to Gigalith trough trading...

Years
Golurk, who's much cooler looking and has interesting attacks to utilize. Its typing is also neat, even if it leaves it with a lot of weaknesses.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 1, 2019
Golurk! I find Gigalith more powerful and quite cool.
But it isn't Flying-Ancient-Golem-of-Sand-and-Phantoms cool.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I don't like either, but I voted that I liked Gigalith more.

However, I do believe that Golurk is a better choice competitively.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Golurk. My reason for that is if you're on your own, and don't have access to the internet you can obtain Golurk, but not Gigalith. Since Golurk is the Ground/Ghost type, it's immune to fighting, normal, and electric moves. More immunity is always a plus, Koff~

Lunarose

replaced by lies
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
I voted for Golurk, I love its design better than Gigalith. I used it ingame before and it was a really good addition to my team, its movepool is great and even though it is a bit slow it can still battle pretty well.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm going to have to go with Golurk myself. I've always found its design and its type fascinating. I have used neither of these Pokemon so all I can really say are asthetics but I think if I used both of these sometime I would enjoy using Golurk more than I would Gigalith. To me it just seems like it would pack more of a punch. And I love its pre-evolution Golett.

Also it can fly. How cool is that.

Years
Love Gigalithe The Rock was my second shiny in BW, but I love Golurk. Dude flys around, stealth rocks, and spin blocks, eq's and can sub punch. Gigalthe you explode.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I love both, they look awesome.
Battle wise I prefer Gigalith, since it has the Ability Sturdy.
My combo is to attach it with Normal Gem, uses Explode when the said Ability went activated, needs good prediction though.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
I actually had both on my team near the end of White 1. In the end, I found Golurk to be much more useful than Gigalith. Gigalith fainted too much, although it makes a pretty good defense tank. I ended up giving up on Gigalith, becuase it's just too vulnerable to Special moves.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
Golurk. Even though Gigalith has Sturdy... Yeah, not much is gonna survive two rounds with earthquake.

Then again, I've never used Golurk, so maybe I'm completely bonkers.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
This is a very hard choice honestly. Golurk is a very good offensive Pokemon with a fantastic ability in No Guard. Although it will never miss, nothing will ever miss it. Under Trick Room, Golurk could demolish entire times with it's very broad movepool and ability. Gigalith on the other hand, is just a beast. Amazing attack and defense, horrible speed, and even though it does have a small movepool it can do what it needs to with what it's got.

Going toe-to-toe, who would win would really depend on whether or not Trick Room is up and also if Gigalith still has Sturdy active. With TR and Sturdy, Gigalith would easily win because he could just EQ twice and Golurk would go down. If Golurk isn't running Choice Band, it would be possible for Gigalith to tank an EQ from Golurk.

I would personally pick Golurk. It has a much broader movepool and quite a few more options than Gigalith does.

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
Years
Golurk is like in my top five favie-faves, so that's not even a contest! That said, I really like Gigalith, if only because the idea of a carbon-based crab thing is very appealing.

Back