• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

If there is a playable version of a game, there will more than likely be a download link on the first page.

Atomic Reactor

There is no demo to this game? I don't believe he ever released a demo in 2007...
Btw, refer to the post above yours... Keep in mind that almost all games will have links to a download on the first page IF they have released a demo.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I remember Wichu saying he would not include battle animations, however I think it would be cool to have the legendaries with animations, just to make them stand out.
I won't include battle animations at first; however, they might eventually be included. Giving only legendaries battle animations would be pointless, as I'd have to make an animation for each move they learn. Unless by battle animations you mean animated sprites, like Crystal/Emerald/D/P/Pt? I've considered making those; however, it would increase the filesize by quite a bit, and would also mean double the amount of sprites would have to be made. It's not being ruled out altogether, though...
hey do you need any graphics help?
Not right now, sorry. But what do you mean by graphics? Sprites, or something else?
RPG XP??
Oh gawd Was it just RPG XP??
Please I need this answered
Yep, just RMXP. Shows what you can achieve with some scripting knowledge :P
This game looks great. Good luck with it.
btw, I LOVE what you did with the start menu. So intuitive!
Thanks. I'm also working on recoding all the other menus, too; my aim is to get rid of all text-based menus altogether.

Here's an example of what I mean:
Screenshot289.png

The controls are pretty intuitive. Pokémon are selected with the C button (equivalent to A). To switch two Pokémon, select one, then the other.
PartySwitch.gif

To view a Pokémon's summary screen, select it, then press C on it again.
PartySummary.gif

To give hold items, either select Item (which brings up the items screen), choose the item, then select the Pokémon you want to hold it, or select a Pokémon without an item, and then select Item. Taking and replacing items works similarly.
Finally, to use a field move, select the Pokémon and then select Moves. This will show the moves it can use; select one to use it. I'm planning on eventually having the Moves button show every move usable by Pokémon in your party; however, this hasn't been implemented yet.

Any comments or suggestions?

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Seems simple enough to use. I would like a bit more confirmation of selecting a Pokémon though. In the gif where you are checking the summary, the green colour looks fine but I think you should use a highlighted green while the cursor is on that player rathen then using a highlighted blue. Should be easy to add.

The reason I say this is, if you leave the cursor on the pokemon you selected, you have no way to know it is still selected other then the glow that appears upon select.
So the green you have now is fine for when the cursor is not on the selected Pokémon, then lighten the green up (like you currently do with the blue) to make it more clear that the Pokémon is already selected.
Right now I feel it's a nice graphical menu with a design flaw.

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
Years
I won't include battle animations at first; however, they might eventually be included. Giving only legendaries battle animations would be pointless, as I'd have to make an animation for each move they learn. Unless by battle animations you mean animated sprites, like Crystal/Emerald/D/P/Pt? I've considered making those; however, it would increase the filesize by quite a bit, and would also mean double the amount of sprites would have to be made. It's not being ruled out altogether, though...
Like the update, it looks good, very intuitive. And yes, I meant animated sprites, as in C/E/D/P/Pt.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Seems simple enough to use. I would like a bit more confirmation of selecting a Pokémon though. In the gif where you are checking the summary, the green colour looks fine but I think you should use a highlighted green while the cursor is on that player rathen then using a highlighted blue. Should be easy to add.

The reason I say this is, if you leave the cursor on the pokemon you selected, you have no way to know it is still selected other then the glow that appears upon select.
So the green you have now is fine for when the cursor is not on the selected Pokémon, then lighten the green up (like you currently do with the blue) to make it more clear that the Pokémon is already selected.
Right now I feel it's a nice graphical menu with a design flaw.

Thanks for the feedback. Is this better?
Screenshot291.png
Screenshot290.png

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
This looks fantastic, I hope you get it completed. All the best luck!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Thanks for changing it Wichu. It's the little things that people will comment on when the demo comes out, and I feel I would of commented on that.
I like the idea of letting the graphical menu guide the player and I think if it's done right it works.
This looks like it works now.... Therefore done right, so good job.
As always, nice to see screenshots of the game. They are very rare and I hope as you go further into development they will become more frequent :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back