• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
So, after reading the "They changed it now it SUCKS" and "Ruined FOREVER!" pages on TV Tropes (I won't link for your sakes. :D) and this beautiful page linked from there, I decided to write up a list of times that Pokémon has been "ruined...FOREVER!"

February 27, 1996 - Pokémon is released, by Nintendo, of all people. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

April 1, 1997 - Pokémon gets an anime. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

September 8, 1998 - The Pokémon anime is dubbed in English. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

September 12, 1998 - Pokémon Yellow Version, based on the anime, is released. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

September 30, 1998 - Pokémon is released to America and only Blue is released. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

January 28, 1999 - The Pokémon anime's theme is changed for the new season. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

April 30, 1999 - Pokémon gets a spinoff. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

July 17, 1999 - There are more than 151 Pokémon? Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

Sometime in 2000 - There isn't going to be an Orange Islands game. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

December 14, 2000 - You can now play as a girl character. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

November 7, 2002 - Misty leaves the anime and the team dynamic is broken! She's replaced by fanservice and a nerd. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

July 13, 2002 - There are more than 251 Pokémon? Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

November 21, 2002 - You can't trade between GSC and RSE? Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

November, 2002 - RSE has a new storyline and it doesn't continue from the older games! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

January 29, 2004 - Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen are the exact same as Red and Blue! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

November 17, 2005 - Pokémon gets a proper spinoff in the form of Mystery Dungeon. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

September 14, 2006 - May and Max leave the anime and is replaced by different fanservice. Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

September 28, 2006 - The new Pokémon are unoriginalBAWWWWWW! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

October, 2007 - They have so many legendaries in the new game! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

September 12, 2009 - HeartGold and SoulSilver are slightly different from Gold and Silver! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

April 4, 2010 - Black and White? RACISM! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

April 10, 2010 - Pokémon's going to be in 3D? Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

May 28, 2010 - Reshiram and Zekrom are too much like Digimon! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

Ongoing, 2010 - ALL the new Pokémon look stupid and like Digimon! Pokémon is ruined...FOREVER!

I don't agree with any of the above, thankfully and I should point out I'm doing this to make fun of any of the people who say the above things, particularly if they keep playing the games or whatever.

Last edited:

Emlam

Old School
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2010
Maybe Pokemon secretly *was* ruined right from the beginning, we just didn't notice. D:

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
Years
images
What I see here is mostly a list of fictional complaints and a list of legitimate complaints.

9 year old fans blame their mediocre games on older fan's "nostalgia". Pokemon is ruined... FOREVER.

TheReal

Epic Member
Years
June 13, 2010 - A thread in Pokécommunity explains why pokémon is ruined forever 20 times. Pokémon is ruined.. FOREVER!

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
Ahh, I was going to make one of these, but didn't want to put the effort into looking up all those dates. Well done. I have no idea what that one guy was talking about, because I have in fact seen complaints for most, if not all of these things in my many years in the fandom. Though I should point out one particularly ludicrous one you forgot for HeartGold/SoulSilver: "The grass tiles look slightly different! Pokemon is ruined... FOREVER!"

And yes, TV Tropes is indeed pretty darn addictive.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I pretty much did one of these on the forums, quoting from TVTropes. Not sure if I linked there or not. It's nice to see more tropers here.

I was wondering when this thread would come up. You get This Troper's approval.

Here is the page, if you want to see it, though I doubt you do. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5860249&postcount=118
Why thank you. :D Nice post there, but all the minor HGSS things I mostly included in "HGSS is slightly different from GSC!", which is written in the same manner as "FRLG is the same as RBY" to contrast each other and show exactly how silly an unappeasable fanbase (somehow, often the same people are saying both are bad) is.

I added a couple more; screw the list of 20, let's just make a list. :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
This thread gave me a laugh. I've heard nearly all the complaints on the list and yet the people who complain about them still play the games or are involved in the fandom somehow. Thanks for sharing this. :D

AnotherGuy

That guy across the street
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2011
People dont like change takes time for them to adapt... go to gamefaqs and you will see some of this :o

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I think a lot of that is totally untrue and it seems spammy.

Like Pokemon was ruined the day it was created?

And each time a game was released, Pokemon was ruined forever?

In my opinion, all you said is untrue and it's 100% spam.

You obviously haven't seen the massive amount of people everywhere who complain about the tiniest things. There are so many people complaining and whinging about how it should have stayed at 150, how it Gen II was the best and Gen III ruined it, how Gen IV's Pokémon are horrible, etc, etc, that it's not too hard take it a little further with the first one.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Apr 8, 2012
I think a lot of that is totally untrue and it seems spammy.

Like Pokemon was ruined the day it was created?

And each time a game was released, Pokemon was ruined forever?

In my opinion, all you said is untrue and it's 100% spam.

The OP's post is just oozing with mockery. The idea is to poke fun at people who have thought these things (and those people do exist, believe it or not), not to spam or troll the forums...
No need to get all srs. :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 13, 2011
Wel, anybody who whines about the stupidest things in a children's video game series really needs to get it straight becaus elike it or not, there are going to be things they aren't going to like. But that's life.

I say if they don't like it, return it and never speak of it again if they can't be mature enough to keep their pointless opinion to themsleves.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Wel, anybody who whines about the stupidest things in a children's video game series really needs to get it straight becaus elike it or not, there are going to be things they aren't going to like. But that's life.

I say if they don't like it, return it and never speak of it again if they can't be mature enough to keep their pointless opinion to themsleves.

My point exactly. I'm trying to make fun of these people that whine about everything.

Back