• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Scene, On or Off?

Cossolotto32

Pokemon Collector!
Years
I've always been a guy who loves seeing the animations for all of the different attacks, but after switching it to off, I've really learned to like it a lot. It's faster, easier, quicker. Just makes pokemon a little bit less boring after playing for a while. It makes training, battling trainers and looking for a certain pokemon faster as well, what about you guys? What do you guys like? And why?

Years
I like battle scenes too, but I have mine turned off just so that battles can be completed in a timelier manner.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Battle Scene: ON. I like seeing the different animations for moves. It makes battling more realistic to me. I haven't turned it off before..don't think I will.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I turn them on because I like seeing all the different battle animations. It makes a battle more exciting than just the sprites flashing when they're hit. Unless I'm grinding or something and need things to go faster, I might turn the animation off. But that's only when I'm in for mindless training.

tnfsf11

It's always on unless I'm stuck somewhere with a bunch of annoying trainers or searching for a rare Pokemon in a certain area.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I keep Battle Scene on because I like seeing the attack animations. Turning it off makes the game more boring for me.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm on the same boat as most people and like having the battle scene on. I love looking at the attack animations cause the battle looks more lively and realistic that way. When the battle scene is off the battle just looks boring. The only time I might turn it off if I'm grinding cause it does make the battle go by quicker and makes grinding less annoying.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I always have it on. Makes it seem like you're more into the battle than if it's off. All you see is a little tackle animation when it's off, kinda boring really. I like seeing my Pokemon perform their moves and obliterating their opponents, it feels good :P

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
I almost always have it turned on.
I turned it off once while playing black, just to make the game go faster, but it made the process really boring and the game lost a bit of the entertainment factor, so I switched it back on.

Though LilJz's comment about tackle makes me want to turn it off on SS, now that I'm trying to restart it. The game is painfully monotonous before the first gym, and turning off animation may help get through it.

Stormborn

Indecisive
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
On.

If I wanted serious battles I'd go for a Pokemon simulators. Some of the attack animations are pretty cool too.

Last edited:
Years
I always have the battle scene on because it makes the battle more lively. I did try no battle scene once when I played Ruby but I was dissatisfied with it so I decided to put the battle scene back on and stick with it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Usually it's off, because I already know what the attacks look like and battle scenes make the battle last much longer than really necessary.

Years
I prefer to leave them on, because I think they add a little extra to battling- even if it's only visual, to keep it from getting boring and repetitive. If I ever do a speedrun, I could easily see the benefit of turning them off (especially when using moves like Tri Attack, which have very long animations), but I don't see myself doing otherwise for any other playthrough.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
I NEVAAAAAARRRRRRR turn my animation off, it may be faster but with the animations on, it's alot more fun battling!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Sometimes on and sometimes off. One thing I found out, the last time I played Pokemon White while switching the animations off, was that the animations slow the battle so much down, it's ridiculous. With battle animations on it takes so much time to finish and also I already know many of the animations so it's kinda repetetive to me, seeing them all the time.

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
Years
Never in my entire LIFE have I even ONCE turned the animations off. The attack scenes are awe-inspiring, especially Draco Meteor's. You LITERALLY get barraged with METEORS from Arceus knows where!

Back