• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Light Version [Beta 1 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Why are all of the 4th gen pokemon ?? and their names are ?
Because Jambo51 hasn't made his 649 patch usable for rom hacks yet, until then the ???? are place holders

i found another Bug When i Select Torchic then Battle my rival it Crash My Emulator
Thats odd, my brother was helping me test and he chose torchic, I'll try it again when I get home :) Thank you

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2015
When I got to the first rival battle with choosing Treecko it says that my Rival sends out Torchic and then it just freezes. After trying a couple times I just chose a Charmander. After getting the oaks Parcel from the grunt I walked into a house in that town and it just brought me to this glitched area. Will try to get a screenshot of which one and what it looked like inside.

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2016
i dont post here all that often but i have just started playing this hack and it looks great. found a few bugs within the first few minutes.

1. the Torchic freeze bug
2.after getting the pokeballs and talking to the professor, he tells me to help my rival with some thungs. however when i reach my rival he is standing in some grass with no thugs in the vicinity of him. attempting to talk to him freezes the game.
3.munchlax bug. when you are given a munchlax and choose to nickname your starter gets its name changed instead even if youve already given it a nickname.

are you intended to talk to the rival first or go after the thugs first?

edit: further analysis shows that the rival is priority 1 as the thugs just say "If you are not one of us you dont get through". also found the glitched house with an old man who doesnt mind sharing the bench with you.

Last edited:

coca cola

Wanna be:D
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 1, 2015
Omg... I'm going to download this on my new ipad4 right now but if I can't find a copy of the patched rom in a ZIP file then I will just play it on my psvita;)

P.s. found a zip for my iPad :D

Last edited:

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
Just thought I'd report some errors I found while playing:

1. When your receive the five Pokeballs from Proffesor Layton's assistant you are able to receive them multiple times. In other words I receive the 5 pokeballs walk to exactly the same spot and I can receive them again.
2.This one has only happened once. When I exit the cave in Beacon City (The one which Layton owns)
for some reason the script in the gym which leads to the battle with your cousin failed. Along with the script which prevents you from entering Burnham Forest. I used save states to try them multiple times and they worked fine every other time I tried it.
3.The Wynaut you receive from Daisy in Beacon City can be male, despite the one you battle being female, not sure if there's any way to fix this. But just thought I'd mention it.
4.There is a move meant permissions error inside the house next to the Pokemart in Beacon City, which allows you to walk into the void.
5.On Route 1, I ran into a Level 46 Geodude while training. I'm guessing this is a mis-type and when editing the wild pokemon you meant to put Geodude Level 4-6 or something. I also ran into a level 15 Phanpy.
6.Also on Route 1, there is a move meant permissions error, around the patch of grass after Hex Maniac Fred, which allow you to walk onto the rocks outside the map.
7.Again on Route 1, The girl with the Nincada is called Youngster Joey. Not sure if this is an error or added in for humor purposes. Also at least two trainers on Route 1 use items such as the Soul Dew and Black belt, both of which do nothing.

Sorry about there being so many. So far from what I've played. I have found the game to be very enjoyable and I don't see why, once completed and polished, it can't be one of the best hacks out there along with Pokemon Brown, Light Platinum and Flora Sky.

Edit:What do i do once I beat the Team Rocket member in Lake Valandor as when I go to Mt.Corina I can fight 2 TR grunts there and the rest just freeze the game.

Last edited:

Drk.Legendary

You can't Escape from Me.!
Years
Just asking ,, I already defeated my rival in the starting contest .. there is this pokemon that someone gave that have a name "???"

Another one .. when i try to save. it says save error. please exchange the backup memory

Last edited:
Years
Just asking ,, I already defeated my rival in the starting contest .. there is this pokemon that someone gave that have a name "???"

Another one .. when i try to save. it says save error. please exchange the backup memory
Change your emulator settings as Flash 128 Kb as well try to patch again ona new Firered ROM

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hay guys' Just came to tell you BETA 1 has been released( A little bit earlier than expected but oh well)
Just came to tell you BETA 1 has been released
BETA 1 has been released

I can't...*gasp*...I mean...*gasp*...I...*gasp*...ugh...*gasp*...breathe...ugh...
*dead*

Seriously though, this is great!!! :D
I can't wait to play it when I get back home. :3

Also, I see that you're busy dealing with the bug reports, so I'll wish you good luck in fixing them, and progress with beta 2, whenever that comes out. :P

edit...
first post in new page...
this is embarrassing... >.>

Years
Honestly you should get rid of shedinja's in early game, I chose Mudkip as my starter and captured a nincada as secondary.
I never catch a pidgey early game, I just like to keep my team small in the beginning.
But you're forced to catch a pidgey or choose Charmander or any of the other fire type's
Great hack, few bugs but that can be fixed.
Little bit of breakdown is the must-have fire/fly type early game.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Hi, I have a some ways that you can improve it a little. I don't know if you're working on this but some of the Pokémon appear as a question mark, I think it's only the one you get for the first rival battle. Also, if you enter some houses you cannot get out so you are trapped. Hope you can fix it! Thanks for the beta, I look forward for more in the future!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2014
NICE I can't script well :/ So I changed everything else in mine xD. I need to find a partner...... uug the work XD.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 13, 2013
Did you really use the swamp from Minish Cap? That's a pretty awesome addition.

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2016
i think i am screwed. i cant think of what i have to do next. i have beaten every rocket grunt i can and cannot advance further. there are some rocket "statues" in the cave on mt. cornria. i say statues because they do nothing. also i have the parcel but the stubborn old fool wont take it, and he keeps telling me to help my rival. speaking of the rival, he now stands next to a rock smash rock and freezes the game if spoken to.

do i go across the verseille brigde? i managed to beat a few of the trainers but 1 of them further along the bridge has glitched text and effectively freezes the game too. for the record though i am playing beta 1.01. i guess i will wait for the next beta release. i am liking what have seen so far though.

Uzamaki Nagato

Pokemon Master
Years
Haven't played the hack yet, but it looks pretty nice. I think you might want to change the name of 'Boodgey City' though. It sounds too much like 'Boogey City' to me. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back