• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Actually, speaking of the RPAs, does anyone have any suggestions about categories? Or any that should be taken away? I've made a few significant changes to some of the rules, but none to the categories.

Since this is a community event, I figured the community should get a say, right?

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I'll be honest, I don't see a reason for the "Funniest RPer" Category. I mean, there's one or two funny RPers that pop up once in a while, but ultimately, not a lot of people cast a vote for this, or cast it for someone not around, or just not funny, etc. Unless someone begs you to keep it in, you might wanna consider removing it.

Other than that, it seems fine to me, I guess.

Oh and please, I know I'm going to sound very full of myself right now, but please don't vote for me in any of the Member Awards (Although voting for my RPs is always nice). I wanna give other people, often more deserving people, a chance to win.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Finally the RPA is coming up. Foreigners started just after the last RPA and now it has pretty much died before the next ;; IT WAS SO AWESOME and it never got the chance to reach an RPA. That's the bad thing about having the RPA less often than every other month, according to me. And if you say it wasn't that a great RP because it didn't even live from one RPA to another then you suck then... whatever.

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
Hey, I'm not really sure if I can actually head an RP on my own but.... I wanna give it a shot (again) so can anyone give me a good idea to improve this and make it be a bit less cliche? ( It's cliche to me anyway..)

Plot: In an island between the regions Unova and Sinnoh, a Prof. Lilly lived there. She was a Pokemon Trainer that became a Professor. Her years of research finally paid of when she invented the Poke-Merge device. A device that could merge humans and pokemons temporarily. She first tried it on herself, with her trusted research partner, Allamir the Alakazam. The results weren't permanent and could be reversed the moment the device was turned off. Satisfied, she made a school specialized for those who were willing to become one who could use this device. The school doubled as a guild, working to help people and accomplish their requests. This school was located in Unova's coast, in a huge island with lots of free space.
Prof. Lilly then noticed the rebirth of Team Plasma, wanting to detroy the school for the reasons of "Freeing pokemon from evil human grasps." The teachers of the school were worried, but decided that the best defense against this is to bring down Plasma once more. The students and guild members would act as their front lines of defense against the Team Plasma grunts and chiefs.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Hey, I'm not really sure if I can actually head an RP on my own but.... I wanna give it a shot (again) so can anyone give me a good idea to improve this and make it be a bit less cliche? ( It's cliche to me anyway..)

Plot: In an island between the regions Unova and Sinnoh, a Prof. Lilly lived there. She was a Pokemon Trainer that became a Professor. Her years of research finally paid of when she invented the Poke-Merge device. A device that could merge humans and pokemons temporarily. She first tried it on herself, with her trusted research partner, Allamir the Alakazam. The results weren't permanent and could be reversed the moment the device was turned off. Satisfied, she made a school specialized for those who were willing to become one who could use this device. The school doubled as a guild, working to help people and accomplish their requests. This school was located in Unova's coast, in a huge island with lots of free space.
Prof. Lilly then noticed the rebirth of Team Plasma, wanting to detroy the school for the reasons of "Freeing pokemon from evil human grasps." The teachers of the school were worried, but decided that the best defense against this is to bring down Plasma once more. The students and guild members would act as their front lines of defense against the Team Plasma grunts and chiefs.

I read over the plot. I'll be honest here, it basically seems like a mix of Pokemon Trainer Academy, and Pokemon Gajinkas. Not very original. Plus you should probably explain how exactly did the Professor gain access to the kind of funds needed for this Academy?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'll be honest, I don't see a reason for the "Funniest RPer" Category. I mean, there's one or two funny RPers that pop up once in a while, but ultimately, not a lot of people cast a vote for this, or cast it for someone not around, or just not funny, etc. Unless someone begs you to keep it in, you might wanna consider removing it.

Actually, there's is much more comical and funny RPers here than you may realize.
But that's what I saw personally!

Well, if it sticks around, I suppose I'll vote for one.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
:D Oh boy the RPA's are coming up! I hope someone, at least one person, votes for me. I wouldn't expect to win, but maybe if I get voted at least once.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023

Oh and please, I know I'm going to sound very full of myself right now, but please don't vote for me in any of the Member Awards (Although voting for my RPs is always nice). I wanna give other people, often more deserving people, a chance to win.

Personally I'm okay with the Funniest RPer category. I do see a lotta people who make me chuckle once in a while in RPs. MISS DORONJO

And yes. THE GUY'S WON THE BEST RPER OF THE YEAR AWARD LOL DON'T VOTE FOR HIM xD jk. Though seriously guys, give others a chance.

Finally the RPA is coming up. Foreigners started just after the last RPA and now it has pretty much died before the next ;; IT WAS SO AWESOME and it never got the chance to reach an RPA. That's the bad thing about having the RPA less often than every other month, according to me. And if you say it wasn't that a great RP because it didn't even live from one RPA to another then you suck then... whatever.

I agree with what RHCP said. The gap between the new RPAs will make a few RPs (started at the end of the previous RPs) feel ignored. Keeping the gap between 2 RPAs less is better than increasing the gap.

As for the other Categories, I'm pretty much okay with them.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
Years
:D Oh boy the RPA's are coming up! I hope someone, at least one person, votes for me. I wouldn't expect to win, but maybe if I get voted at least once.

Same here, i wanna get a emblem so bad! xD

I think that Funniest Roleplayer is a good thing, it's nice to have some humor around the RP corner and then vote who makes the RP's more funny and fun, lol. x3

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
To be honest, I find the competitive nature of the RPAs to be a bit... undesirable in general. Personally I'd rather see a system based around emblems where people strive to meet achievements rather than to outdo others. Alas~

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
To be honest, I find the competitive nature of the RPAs to be a bit... undesirable in general. Personally I'd rather see a system based around emblems where people strive to meet achievements rather than to outdo others. Alas~

That would personally require a lot of work. A LOT. You would probably have to keep track of almost every RP to keep a check on good players worthy of these Emblems. Also we would often have people requesting for these Emblems.

Also I'm rather curious about what exactly you have in mind for these 'achievements'. If the idea does seem to be good enough though, I'd like to help out for this new system.

Zero Darkness

The Cripple Who Is Whole
Years
I have a question to ask you: Do you think that fantasy and science fiction can be in the same RP?

My idea is, that they can be, if you have a reason for that!

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

That I would definitely agree to. It's never easy getting emblems. If there were ever a system based around what you meant Yellow, that would definitely make me happy. I'd feel every tiny bit good of myself everytime I got an emblem for something I did. It'd somewhat make me feel special. ^-^

Dawn

Years
@DeepImpact: I'm not sure how much more statistical data moderators have access to in comparison to members, but a lot of the RPAs are subjective as it is, so perhaps fellow users would nominate eachother for emblems such as "Really funny roleplayer" or "Great roleplay" or whatnot. It would be like a re-design of the RPA voting systems so that instead of voting on who is better than anyone else, you're voting on who is deserving of an emblem? (There would be a number of nominations required to actually get it.)

And perhaps some of the emblems are less objective and don't need nominations, such as an emblem for creating a roleplay that reaches a certain number of pages?

I'm kind of surprised anyone's really siding with me on this though. I figured I was one of the few/only ones.

@Zero Darkness: They can, and it's not hard, but I personally would never join a roleplay that tried to be both.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Emblems would actually be much more pleasant and nice than the RPA. I agree. If there was some way of making it fair enough.

And yes, I think fantasy and science fiction can go along well together. They are, in some ways and in some productions, the same basic idea after all.

Zero Darkness

The Cripple Who Is Whole
Years

And yes, I think fantasy and science fiction can go along well together. They are, in some ways and in some productions, the same basic idea after all.

I thought that too, look at final fantasy, "Stargate Atlantis" and all that stuff.
In my RP "The Elementals Rise" the world is splited to four kingdoms which seprated by sea, and each kingdom has it own advance. One more adanced then earth, and other in the time of the roman empire!

Sci-Fi has a core of reality in it, and so fantasy! They both are a creation of the mind, just in other ways, that sometimes may cross!

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
It is a good idea. Only problem is yeah, keeping track of it all.

We have two emblems for achievements met; the emblem about finishing a roleplay and the roleplay veteren.

Dawn

Years
Well, it could probably have it's own thread if it was going to be a modification of / replacement of the RPAs. I guess counting the votes would be significantly more time consuming though.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
It is a good idea. Only problem is yeah, keeping track of it all.

We have two emblems for achievements met; the emblem about finishing a roleplay and the roleplay veteren.

What's required to be a roleplay veteran ? :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back