• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
[...]

4. Go to the sprite you want to edit in Spread, and pixel by pixel change it to the new one.

This may take some time, and I'm sure there is probably a program to insert new sprites, but this is how I do it.

OMG o_O
Importing the sprite would be a lot easier. BTW, The bitmap import/export function was implemented (and improved from the original one) since the first release of Overworld Editor RE.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
Is there any other command for removing an item in Pokéscript than Removitem? Removeitem doesn't seem to work for me, and I don't want a certain key item to spook around in my bag after you've already given it to someone. *edit* This is for Firered, by the way, in case that makes a difference.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Is there any other command for removing an item in Pokéscript than Removitem? Removeitem doesn't seem to work for me, and I don't want a certain key item to spook around in my bag after you've already given it to someone. *edit* This is for Firered, by the way, in case that makes a difference.

AFAIK, there aren't any other commands. Anyway, the remove item syntax is the following:

#raw 45
#raw (item # to remove - 2nd byte)
#raw (item # to remove - 1st byte)
#raw (number of items - 2nd byte)
#raw (number of items - 1st byte)

Example:

'remove 1x VS Seeker
#raw 45
#raw 6A
#raw 01
#raw 01
#raw 00

I've tried it successfully on FireRed using ScriptEd but since ScriptEd is fully compatible with Pokéscript it should work fine too.

Squeenix

Meow
Years
can I insert MORE pokemon ? Or can I only change pokemon. I am going to make a whole past and future thingy in my upcoming game so do I have to CHANGE the maps I have or can I make new ones. Can I also make MORE tilessets and sprites or do I have to change existing ones.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2007
hello

i'm hacking pokemon ruby

i have two questions:
1 I want to be able to use surf after i have battled one gym center. but i can't figure out how to make the gym leader battle me whithout four badges.

2 how do I expand the rom so i have more space to put new things in.

Last edited:

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
AFAIK, there aren't any other commands. Anyway, the remove item syntax is the following:

#raw 45
#raw (item # to remove - 2nd byte)
#raw (item # to remove - 1st byte)
#raw (number of items - 2nd byte)
#raw (number of items - 1st byte)

Example:

'remove 1x VS Seeker
#raw 45
#raw 6A
#raw 01
#raw 01
#raw 00

I've tried it successfully on FireRed using ScriptEd but since ScriptEd is fully compatible with Pokéscript it should work fine too.
Ah, thank you very much for the information. I greatly appreciate the help.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2007
Thanks a lot, although im not too sure why i wanted to extract the sprites for. I just woke up. / New Question!!! Why dosen't fire red extract starting sprites?
As in the boy and the girl?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
Pokemon Icon

I am using Icon ed and it is making me angry because you cannot import bitmap. Is there a firered pokemon icon editing program where you can import bitmap instead of making a new icon. This is starting to drive me crazy so can you please answer my question. I wanted to use pokepic but it does not work with fire red. Please help me.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 21, 2010
i how do i insert sprites??? what program do i use??? can i use it in elitemap???

**I use elitemap cause i cant find advancemp so dont say any comments about why elitemap is worse than advancemap cause i already kno**

and how do you change the look of the title screen.. And How do You Make A New Intro???

EDIT by FG: do NOT double post. If you have something to add to a message, use the "Edit" button on your first post. Read the rules before posting again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Please merge your posts.
glenmont9413I how do i insert sprites???
You can use unLZ.gba which comes with elitemap. Open your ROM and go to numer 950 or so. There should be Bulbasaur. To change it save it as a pic and edid it. More read here.
And the tiltle scrren Editing tutorial is Ruby/Sapphirre here and Fire red/Leaf green here..
For the intro you have to have a text editor like advancetext(a-text.zip) on this site.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 21, 2010
on the title screen editing for ruby or fr/lg wont work for my sapphire cause the offset numbers are different... i need it for sapphire and i need a sapphire pallate...

Youji

Game Designer
Years
on the title screen editing for ruby or fr/lg wont work for my sapphire cause the offset numbers are different... i need it for sapphire and i need a sapphire pallate...

The sapphire offset has to be in the near of the sruby offset. Believe me. Search for it closer the offset of Ruby. The pallete will also be there.
And merge your posts please.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
I am using Icon ed and it is making me angry because you cannot import bitmap. Is there a firered pokemon icon editing program where you can import bitmap instead of making a new icon. This is starting to drive me crazy so can you please answer my question. I wanted to use pokepic but it does not work with fire red. Please help me.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
In some posts on the forum, people have said( or typed, I guess) that it is possible to change the size of a ROM, by adding 0's to it. What do they mean by this, and where do I put the 0's? Thanks!

Years
  • Seen May 25, 2008
Ok, this might be a really stupid question, but can someone give me a link to the program "LIPS"? I need it, and i cant find it anywhere i look. And if this a retarded question, sorry for wasting your time.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
ok

it's in elite map.

----------------------------------
I need help, I am trying to do a wildbattle script. I already know how to do a wildbattle script but i need help because the pokemon does not disappear after the battle and I need the pokemon to disappear after the battle. Can you please help me?

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
Years
Hello i'm not good at hacking but i'm a pretty good spriter.

Sorry if this has been asked before,but i was thinking about making a Gold Remake and my friend who isn't into pokemon,but is (apparently)good at maps made me a lot of maps about 3/4th of Johto's maps. Ok now on to the point,i think he did them on advanced map but he just sent me the maps alone and i was wondering if i got a scripter for my hack if they could still use the maps? Or if i would have to do it all over in advanced map. Right now i just have the images of the maps,so i'm not sure they can be put into a hack.

Thx ahead of time!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
I have a few questions for my ROM hack.

1) What program should I use to edit a Pokemon's name? Let's say I wanted to change "BULBASAUR" into "Togepi", just as an example.

2) Is there a program that will let you edit what moves a Pokemon learns and at what level they learn it?

3) Could somebody direct me to the English INIS files for Pokemon-Amplifier? :\

Many, many thanks in advance.

~Diggeh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back