• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Searching the thing, Bay had the idea (how could you forget your own idea?!) and the SilverSmeargleSplatter made the first orgy list. And it was updated again and again.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Farfetch'd use the leek as material to make a nest. It generally lives where the leek grows, which means that supplies of this leek are plenty for Farfetch'd found in the wild. (However, Farfetch'd are rarely seen, so no one knows where this Pokemon is found. That, and also it is hunted nearly to the point of extinction, because it is a delicacy if cooked with its leek.)

So I would figure, because the real answer isn't all that known, that when a Farfetch'd is hatched, (It is unknown how many Farfetch'd eggs are in a clutch.) its parent breaks off a leek from a plant that it finds as a "good stick" and gives it to the child. (Because there are "good sticks" and "bad sticks" to Farfetch'd, so not just any stick will do.)

D-Did I just talk about the Pokemon world as if it was real?

:(

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Oh my. I think you did, Astinus. And you made a lot of sense. :O We're all gonna diiiieee!

That's actually a very good idea. Makes a lot of sense. Again, we're going to diiieee!

Click my eggs.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
Years
Farfetch'd use the leek as material to make a nest. It generally lives where the leek grows, which means that supplies of this leek are plenty for Farfetch'd found in the wild. (However, Farfetch'd are rarely seen, so no one knows where this Pokemon is found. That, and also it is hunted nearly to the point of extinction, because it is a delicacy if cooked with its leek.)

So I would figure, because the real answer isn't all that known, that when a Farfetch'd is hatched, (It is unknown how many Farfetch'd eggs are in a clutch.) its parent breaks off a leek from a plant that it finds as a "good stick" and gives it to the child. (Because there are "good sticks" and "bad sticks" to Farfetch'd, so not just any stick will do.)

D-Did I just talk about the Pokemon world as if it was real?

:(

Who'd have thought Astinus would have come up with this post? Don't worry, I refer to my pokémon team at random junctions throughout my day like they are real and I can see them. I talk to them through my DS, too, so it's all good.

What are your hopes for your best fanfic (ether written or yet to be) in the long run? After it is finished?

I'm hoping that it'll make people think. The ending is promising to be very controversial and sad, so I'm hoping people will enjoy it. *Must... Not... Give... Away... Ending...*

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
"Unfinished" conversations annoy me beyond any limits. I know it's stupid, but I can't help myself... So, I'm going to go back to the earlier conversation, but not for long, I promise. Please forgive me!

Actually, no, what I've been saying for the past several posts was that if you had something to say, you say it to the right audience, period. For the most part, I'm saying you do this in reviews first and build up the credentials that don't make people want to blow you off if you try to do a guide. (As in, if people don't know you, and you go to write a guide, people may initially wonder if you know what you're talking about.)

I just want to know I got this right. So, essentially, what you've been saying for a while now is that people shouldn't go around the internet saying "LOL that fic was so bad", but instead go to the author and say "this was bad and that was bad, you might want to work on those things". Did I get it right? Or not?

If I'm understanding your arguments right, I'm agreeing with you, like, a lot.
</going back to old, discontinued conversations>

But what annoys me even more than unfinished conversations and stuff like that are people who want reviews, but not the review kind of reviews. I get immensily annoyed when I spot people who only read the good reviews they get or maybe ask for reviews and then get pissed off because the reviewer was "OMG so meen". Of course, I'm not saying anyone here is like that, but this subject brought it to my mind and now I'm practically enraged about the people wo do that.

If anyone remembers the course of creative writing I'm attending now, there's a girl on that very course who said that she can't handle criticism. She annoys me. I feel like criticizing her just because. Of course, I never do anything like that because like I said before, I don't have enough balls. It just irritates me so much. Does anyone else get irritated by people who want feedback but only the positive kind?

Of course, I understand if you get upset because you get a flamingly mean review, but that's not the kind of review I'm talking about.

I'm hoping that it'll make people think. The ending is promising to be very controversial and sad, so I'm hoping people will enjoy it. *Must... Not... Give... Away... Ending...*

In the 9th chapter of Mama's Boy, I have a mind-bogglingly huge plot twist coming up. I've been planning it for chapters and chapters and feeling so much like giving it away, and I really hope it will shock people... And shake the very foundations of their life! After all, Mama's Boy > life and everything. I'm deadly afraid, though, that people won't like the carefully planned plot twist I like so much myself.

...AAAAH! I can't keep it to myself! I have to reveal it! I'll put it in a spoiler so that you can spare yourselves from seeing it, because as I said, Mama's Boy > life.

Spoiler:

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
Years
Do you prefer having huge plot twists that hit your readers like a runaway train over having smaller, tamer plot twists throughout the whole story? Or does it depend on story?

I like having heart-wrenching plot twists in my stories, because I love reading huge plot twists in fics. It keeps the writers on their toes and forces them into a place they may not like, but it brings them into the story and reminds them why they rooted for the characters in the first place.

Orange_Flaaffy

Crystal Bell Keeper
Years
Do you prefer having huge plot twists that hit your readers like a runaway train over having smaller, tamer plot twists throughout the whole story? Or does it depend on story?
I like more mellow stories that are slice of life, with not twists so much as just conflict within people, which can be just as dramatic IMHO :).

txteclipse

The Last
Years

I have a fair amount of small plot twists, but I also have some that are FREAKING HUGE. Like, snap-your-neck-as-you-read-and-you're-found-dead-at-your-computer caliber. That's how twisty they are.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
I have a fair amount of small plot twists, but I also have some that are FREAKING HUGE. Like, snap-your-neck-as-you-read-and-you're-found-dead-at-your-computer caliber. That's how twisty they are.

A twist SO HUGE the plot ends up going the way it was going before. A 360 degree twist. Or maybe a 720 degree plot twist!!

Also, I totally knew you'd all open the spoiler!! Although, I doubt people really cared about the thing I said I'd spoil :D I always, always open the damn spoiler cuts. Every time. Sometimes I've even regretted doing so.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
A twist SO HUGE the plot ends up going the way it was going before. A 360 degree twist. Or maybe a 720 degree plot twist!!

Also, I totally knew you'd all open the spoiler!! Although, I doubt people really cared about the thing I said I'd spoil :D I always, always open the damn spoiler cuts. Every time. Sometimes I've even regretted doing so.

No, so twisty it creates a new form of triple-helix DNA which gives rise to an omniscient being that proceeds to divulge the secrets of the cosmos to you, thus vaporizing your brain and turning your left shoe into a banana.

And I didn't read the spoiler, I just copied the topic from celuthea.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
No, so twisty it creates a new form of triple-helix DNA which gives rise to an omniscient being that proceeds to divulge the secrets of the cosmos to you, thus vaporizing your brain and turning your left shoe into a banana.

And I didn't read the spoiler, I just copied the topic from celuthea.

...In other words, a plot twist so trysty it twists existence itself,breaking all fourth, fifth and even sixth walls in the process and becoming something seriously epic in the end..?

Also, way to take it all away from me :< Well, at least someone read it. *sigh*

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Omgeh, An-chan. First you make me click the spoiler, only to realise there was one above, then quote your post and preview it to see it, only to find it there was nothing there! GAH! >:[

What are your hopes for your best fanfic (ether written or yet to be) in the long run? After it is finished?
Dunno, really. :\

This time is for real. My eggs!

Last edited:

Bay

Years
Depends on the story. If the story is meant for the plot to be less complicated, a few tamer plot twists should do it. However, if the story is meant to be an epic, then I expect huge plot twists.

Orange Flaffy, you didn't answer my question if you want to join the orgy or not. ^^; *gets shot*

Duncan McNeil

[release].your.grip
Years
Hey guys, it's been a while.

Absolutely. I'm hopelessly addicted to creating (and reading) big, epic plot twists. It does depend on the fic, and either way can work in my opinion, but most of the time I prefer big plot. And lots of it.

I really don't know how I'll feel once I'm done. I've been working on this part of it for over a year, and the entire trilogy for several. I doubt I can totally finish it out by the end of the year, but I have tossed around some ideas in my head about what I'm going to do next.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
The button spoilers actually don't work on my browser :\. They don't open...
Because people wanted spoilers to close after they were opened, the coding for spoilers got changed. Because of this, the spoilers don't work well in pretty much any browser except for Firefox (and perhaps Internet Explorer). This pretty much sucks, because Firefox keeps logging me out of the forums, but I have to use it to browse PC because of the spoilers. (It's also only this forum that Firefox logs me out of. I can stay logged in on other forums. And it's only Firefox.)

emot-iiam.gif

I don't really have a "best" fanfic. I like a lot of the fanfics I write, mainly those for one fandom, but I can't sit there and go "I like this one the best". It's like asking a parent to pick their favorite child. My mommy would pick me. :P

That said, the fanfics that I have posted have exceeded my expectations. I wasn't even expecting people to read them, but yet, I have:

Two awesome loyal reviewers who help me out a lot
Received fanart based on my characters
Have been recommend as a "good" fic
People waiting for me to post the next chapter (Oops... When did I promise that? >>)

So, for fanfics I really wasn't expecting people to even glance at, I've done quite well for myself. (This is why you aim low. Because surprises are better than disappointments. ... Wait.)

I don't know.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
If you want to see the spoilers but can't open them, quote the person, remove the quote and spoiler codes and preview post.

Because that's surely worth your time. Just like clicking my eggs! And seeing as I have them spoilered, interacting with the lowest portion of my sig is probably the best thing you could possibly be doing.

If I'm going to beg, I'm begging with style. And logic!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back