• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2009] Pokémon: Azure Horizons

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I'm aware of these problems.
All of the above problems have been mentioned several times throughout the thread. :|

Sorry Frostbite. :|

I would advise you to put a bug list in the first post so you don't get repeated posts. :3

Again good luck on this, and congrats on HoTM. The mods really love this hack and so do I. <3

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Congratulations on getting November's Hack of the Month award. :3

azurehorizonshotmawward.png

The Ominous Plains

I'll make Userbars for You!
Years
I'm at the horribly hard part of trying to find the HM cut.
Can't find it for the life of me.

Anyway, gratz on HoTM

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Yes, congratulations on winning HoTM. I'm happy this hack won and wish you the very best for Hoty. :3

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
Years
Whoa! I just looked back at this topic, and whoa! Dordoran City looks awesome! I know that It's gonna be something that I won't regret playing! Even though I've only played the demo, it was so undescribable! I really am looking forward for the next demo!

Years
A bit a Review of this Game

as I did with Mythic Legends, Ill spot a mini review of this game for those interested.

The Good
- Nice change of pace with the visuals and a decent story to boot
- Very Good Variety on the Wild Pokemon available
- Gym battles are genuinely challenging and thoroughly enjoyable

The Bad
- you could've left the VS Seeker for us the end of the beta to keep things interesting. even though you said you left extras at the end, I didnt really find any unless I experienced them without realizing it.

Comments
honestly, this is a superb job for a debut hack, I enjoyed myself thoroughly, and the challenging gyms were a breath of fresh air, using competitive movesets. only thing Is it took me by surprise when I first battled Quinn, so first time round, and admittedly, she mowed me. so I was thinking to give those with less experience a "heads-up", is to give a few of the Tundra grunts a pokemon with an egg move or two. but if this is your first hack, I cant wait to see what you'll bring in the future. Im waiting for your next release.

8.5/10.

Years
I like how it is HotM it really deserves it. I like how in the Warehouse you have two orange boxes behind two orange boxes, in one of the pictures, It gives originality and uniqueness. Also I've seen the 3rd rival battle video, I named my rival Nolan like I did in Platinum.

Chorus.EXE

Winner is Justice!
Years
  • Age 29
  • IDK
  • Seen Jul 11, 2010
I'm wondering if you can change the starters, because you used Suicune for the banner, It seem better if you change Hoen's starter in to Johot's :D

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Let me be the first to congratulate you, FrostBite. You won Hack of the Year 2009, and by george you thoroughly deserved it.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Damn, Harry beat me to posting

Congratulations on winning HoTY. Keep up the good work, you deserved this and I hope to see more from this project in the future. :3

Years
Looks like you're going to stay stickied for quite some time, Frostbite.

Well done on HOTY! You 1010... make that 1011% deserved to win and I congratulate you.

And wow you're quick Harry.

Pheya

Is very excited about HH & SS.
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2010
Congratulations on winning HotY. You deserved it.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Wow, I would've never thought that I would win hack of the year this year... I really had my doubts. I really had no intentions of winning HotY but to just make a hack of excellent quality that would be enjoyed by a lot of people. I'm very glad that I've received this prestigious award and I would like to thank everyone for your support. I promise to keep the hack of its professional quality throughout its entire production. Thanks again everyone!

Also sorry about the lack of updates, I've been kind of lazy latley. :p
I'll have some new things to show next month though.

Edit: Since I'm in a good mood here are some more designs for the gym leaders, just have one more to do.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Congrats x6 on HotY. I would agree the hack deserved it.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
you should release beta 2 to celebrate hoty

Seriously though, I can't wait to see those updates. You can show your minimal amount of doubters, how good you really are!

Back