• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Noticeable differences between BW2 & BW1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Honestly i havent seen much about black & white 2 yet but i have noticed that there are quite a few changes to the game and the look.
Do you guys think it will just be like pokemon Black/White 1 or do you think it will be a completely different story? i am defenity interested to see what they changed and what stayed the same.

images

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Obviously, the games will be different because they take place 2 years after the events of the original B/W. We have a new Pokemon professor, Akuroma. No one knows where N is. Bianca is Prof. Juniper's new assistant and Cheren is the new Normal gym leader. We also have new Gym Leaders in the form of Homika and Shizui. The Shadow Triad and Team Plasma are back, albeit with new uniforms for the latter.

Those are just my two cents.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Obviously, the games will be different because they take place 2 years after the events of the original B/W. We have a new Pokemon professor, Akuroma. No one knows where N is. Bianca is Prof. Juniper's new assistant and Cheren is the new Normal gym leader. We also have new Gym Leaders in the form of Homika and Shizui. The Shadow Triad and Team Plasma are back, albeit with new uniforms for the latter.

But what about all the cities and towns? do you think those are staying or if they are completely different?

Rumor has it that you start in a city instead of a town, so that might change the whole prespective on the unova region

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
But what about all the cities and towns? do you think those are staying or if they are completely different?

Rumor has it that you start in a city instead of a town, so that might change the whole prespective on the unova region

The fact that you start in the city is absolutely true. I can't really say anything else city/town related other than that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Akuroma is NOT a Professor. Juniper is still Unova's Professor. It was already stated that she was in the last issue of CoroCoro. She asked Bianca to take the Starters to the new Protag and Rival as a favor cause she was busy. Akuroma is a researcher.

They showed some small screenshots of Castella and so far it doesn't look different. Route 4 has changed and Mistralon/Chargestone Cave are frozen over, their color on the map was changed to an icy blue color, only real indication of freezing so far.

Undella Bay seems to be some sort of Dock city, there are visible changes to other cities through the map as well such as Driftvel and Nimbasa.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Akuroma is NOT a Professor. Juniper is still Unova's Professor. It was already stated that she was in the last issue of CoroCoro. She asked Bianca to take the Starters to the new Protag and Rival as a favor cause she was busy. Akuroma is a researcher.

They showed some small screenshots of Castella and so far it doesn't look different. Route 4 has changed and Mistralon/Chargestone Cave are frozen over, their color on the map was changed to an icy blue color, only real indication of freezing so far.

Undella Bay seems to be some sort of Dock city, there are visible changes to other cities through the map as well such as Driftvel and Nimbasa.
Ah, my mistake. I was under that impression. xP

What about the construction in Route 4 being completed? (even though that's a minor thing)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Do you mean the route to the city/forest? if so i dont think that has been released yet

I'm talking about the route with the sandstorm blowing around just outside Castelia. There's a settlement there now.

The list of all known aesthetic changes in B2/W2 can be found here, even though the news itself is a bit old now.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
Can't believe no one mentioned it;

Isn't like, half of the map covered in freaking ice?

I don't think there will be any new pokemon. Just the same ones, some having different forms.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Understandable, but i would like to see some new legends, that would add some twist to the game and make buyers a lot more interested, and why is the map covered in ice in the first place? lol :p

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Understandable, but i would like to see some new legends, that would add some twist to the game and make buyers a lot more interested, and why is the map covered in ice in the first place? lol :p

I'm guessing that Kyurem had something to do with it because of its Ice typing and the fact that its new formes are the mascots for B2/W2..

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
This is just a bunch of threads we already have with consolidated discussions merged into one (just looking at the first page, there's already three that would fit), so it'll end up just be a cluster of randomness so I'll close it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back