• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Braviary vs Swanna (NU Matchup #4)

These birds fly high, so which is the apple of your eye?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinta77

My vote totally goes to Swanna. Braviary seems like just another flying/normal type. There are plenty of those. I think Swanna though, being a water/flying type is much more useful. I think the moves it can learn prove to be very useful.

I also like how Swanna looks, and I even had a Swanna on my team to beat Black version. So Swanna is my choice.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Both the birds have a decent enough movepool but Braviary's a bit better.Though Swanna can be an awesome H.M slave.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm now prepared to vote for Swanna. Maybe my Braviary was weaker than the norm., I have no idea; however, it didn't do any better than my Swanna on average. I've moved on to my Hydreigon to level a little bit and vote for Swanna.

I'll revisit Braviary when I start breeding perfect specimens.

Cyclone

Years
Swanna looks pretty damn spiffy and makes a pretty awesome HM slave like most people have said :P.
I've used Braviary as the best of a bad situation and I have to say that it is nowhere near as useful or physically lovable as Swanna.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I've used Swanna several times in-game and it's a great HM slave, has a cute design, and I like the versatility of it.

I do like Braviary and I know it has great power, but I still prefer Swanna.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I never liked Swana, the way it looks, the sound and the fact that it has a 4X weakness towards Electricity which is horrible. Now as for Braviary, now that is a patriotic bird; I love its colors, design and moveset. I'll go with Braviary because just like what everyone else say, Swana is an awesome HM slave lol.

:t354:TG

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Wow, I didn't even know that braviary was NU! Both are vastly different so it's kind of hard to choose, but I'd choose braviary over swanna in battling. Both birds have few weaknesses which is a great thing. Swanna is effected by thunder 4X and by rock 2x. On the otherh and, braviary is affected by rock, electric and ice moves 2x. The reasons I prefer braviary over swanna is because braviary has a monstrous attack base of 123 which becomes extremely helpful in battles. Swanna is more powerful in special attacks and speed. I prefer braviary because choice band with superpower or brave bird can take two or three pokemon out on a team. Or you can add choice scarf to outspeed most NU pokemon. I also use braviry with bulk up to take out walls and to keep in longer. It's hard to compare the two because I use swanna more for rain NU teams. Swanna is a weaker attacker than braviary, that why I prefer braviary more. Nevertheless, brave bird provided up by roost can become an annoyance to teams as well. I prefer braviary over swanna competitively. I thought braviary was in OU class, shows how powerful it really can be!

In game I didn't use either. I'd probably choose a braviary over swanna for my adventure. With its strong attack strength, superpower and air slash would be extremely helpful in defeating powerful pokemon such as hydreigon. Brave bird would be helpful too but theat move is not unlocked yntil level 63 so I don't know if I'd be using braviary by then. As design, I like swanna's feminine, sleek design over braviary's rigid-aggressive design. Girl swanna probably make all of the boys go wild. :p

To beat swanna, I would simply use choice band with brave bird or return. That would probbaly 2KO swanna. Vice versa, if I used swanna on braviary I would probably euip swanna with a life orb and use ice beam against braviary sincei ce beam would be super effective. If swanna wasn't euiped with ice beam then I would probably use either surf or brave bird instead.

Back