• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Celestial League~ T (Revamped)

Years
Sakura Hinamori

Sakura smiled and grabbed Trent's arm again. "Thank you!" she squealed. She followed him to Route 1, checking behind her to make sure that Vanessa was following. "How do I get her trust?" Sakura asked. "She hates me... Probably because she thinks that I'm an idiot. I can't help it if I want to talk to you, can I?" Vanessa rolled her eyes and sighed. Sakura frowned. "I want Pikachu back," she whispered. She sighed and let go of Trent's arm. Pikachu didn't deserve to die... Now I'm stuck with a dumb brat of a Pokemon... This isn't fair... Sakura sighed and ignored Vanessa, who was trying to trip her by walking in front of her. Vanessa squawked and glared at Sakura.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
"Honestly I think it would be better both for fun and the growth of individual trainers not to know too much about a battle before getting into it." He paused for a moment and thought. "How do I say this...strategy and forethought are all well and good but I think it is much more important for being a good trainer to have a quick, tactical mind that can adapt to the situation on the fly to assure victory no matter what happens, that's one of the reasons I'm glad to have Luna, Dragon types are very balanced and good for battling almost any pokemon except ice-types." After another few steps Kenneth stopped. "What was that?" He heard a bit of a flapping noise and, after a moment of drawing closer. "brrr-eeee!" A bit of grass parted and out game a pair of big beautiful wings, tiny hands and huge red jewel-like eyes that could only be one creature. "Wow, a Butterfree!"

Kenneth smirked and made sure he had an empty pokeball at the ready before pointing at the Butterfree. "Alright Luna, you ready for a battle?" The little Dratini piped up and uncoiled from Kenneth's neck. "Alright beautiful, use wrap!" He hoped to catch the Butterfree off guard but it was for naught, the change in the air made the bug pokemon's antennae twitch, and before Luna could make contact a purple aura covered her body and she was flung through the air. Kenneth's mind raced Hmm that confusion makes wrap practically unhittable and Thunder Wave is way too inaccurate from this range...Alright I was hoping to save this but...

He turned to Amanda, knowing Luna wouldn't hit the ground too fast. "Hey, keep an eye on Luna, things are about to get wild. Alright Luna, use Extreme Speed!" At his order Luna braced herself and a white light enveloped her, when she got near enough she sprang off a tree she had been thrown at so fast she became a blur. Luna bounded from the tree to the ground and then with even greater momentum flashed into the Butterfree, it hadn't been able to keep up with her velocity and was caught off guard this time. "Alright Luna, now get it in a wrap!" With the momentum from her jump keeping her in the air a few seconds longer and the Butterfree not having time to react after being hit she was able to wrap her body around her opponent and squeeze. "Okay, now that it can't dodge hit it with Thunderwave!"

Luna sent waves of electricity surging out of her body and directly into the Butterfree's, slowing down it's struggles and allowing her to tighten her grip until the Butterfree couldn't fly anymore, but before they crashed to the ground it used Confusion once again. Both pokemon were flung around in the air and slammed into objects with Luna taking the brunt of the force since she was gripping the Butterfree, but after a few moments it struggles grew more feeble and it couldn't concentrate enough to use the psychic attack anymore, and they dropped to the earth. "Alright that's enough, we don't want to really hurt it." Luna released her opponent when it was clear the Butterfree couldn't fight back anymore and as it twitched from paralysis Kenneth pulled a pokeball off his belt and tapped it to enlarge it to full size. "Here we go!" He flung the white and red orb with practiced precision and it clunked the stunned Butterfree on it's head and converted it's body into white light particles before absorbing them inside itself.

While the Pokeball rocked back and forth Kenneth turned to Amanda once again with a big smile on his face and pumped a fist in the air once. "I love that move, but I can't forget the real star of the show." He knelt down to hug Luna. "Good job girl! I can always count on you to give it your all!" The Dratini made happy noises for the guzillionth time that day and nuzzled his cheek before wrapping softly around his neck once again.

DeuceClubs

Boom Shakalaka
Years
Pamela Oxford​
298.png
311.png

Spoiler:

"Just.... perfect."

Pamela picked up the Pokeball from the ground, smiling and admiring her new partner. "Who knew I'd catch myself such a determined, fast, strong Plusle? Lucky day, I must say." She takes out a potion in a flash and kneels down. Spraying it on her injured Azurill only took a few seconds. When she had finished, Nana bounced back up, happy and energized as ever. "Do you want to go back to your ball? You did a lot of work today... you need your rest," Pamela offered, to which Nana nodded to as she sat back down. Taking out Nana's Pokeball, she stored Plusle's and thought of what to name it. 'I do not want to use a regular name like Sparks or Jolt... to cliche for me,' she pondered as Nana materialized into a red light, absorbed by the Pokeball. 'Perhaps Toto? Yes! But it does NOT fit this Plusle...hmm...oh wait, I got the perfect name!' she had made up her mind. Storing Nana's Pokeball into the bag behind her, she used her free hand to throw Plusle's Pokeball into the air. It released the new member of the team: Plusle. He fell to the ground, still not cured from the last fight.

"Oh... sorry, forgot I had to heal you up," she mumbled, feeling quite embarrassed. Not wanting to take out her Nana out of laziness, she took out another potion and used it on the Plusle, fixing him back up again. "Great. Now I only have three potions." The Plusle looked up at her, not knowing how to react to it all. The teen knelt down, placing her hand on the rodent's head. Surprisingly, Plusle didn't do anything but just stand there. "I have a name for you... it's Jojo," she mumbled, catching Plusle's attention. She started to scratch behind his ear, causing the Plusle to close his eyes and smile from the pleasure it gives. "You reminded me a lot of... a clown, I guess. You could say like those circus Pokemon who like to do a lot of stunts. Also, they have a fiery passion and funny personality. You and your love for berries reminded me of that-and oh! Remind me to get you a berry, alright?" she added, causing the Plusle's eyes to gleam with joy. 'Yep, eh was easy to gain the trust of... luckily. Won't be long until I capture a Pokemon whose trust is hard to earn. Let's hope I have the patience by then.'

Pamela stood up, Jojo jumping up and sitting on her shoulder. "Wanna go back into your Pokeball?" she asked, yet the rodent shook his head and waved his arms to show his dislike for it. "Good. I was hoping you'd say that." They walked back, heading to the town she had come out of. She wanted to rest after a long battle and having caught her own new Pokemon. Especially when the Pokemon was a cute Plusle. She felt good that she caught a Plusle that she had seen three times... it was truly a feat.

They have been walking for a good while until she heard a voice. Stopping in her tracks, she came across another trainer. Unlike the others, she hasn't seen this one before. Her pose gave off a "cold" vibe, meaning Pamela wasn't the only one trying to close herself from the outer world. 'In that case, if I were her, I wouldn't want anybody getting in the way,' she thought to herself. With that thought out, she kept walking. Passing by the girl with black hair that turned red as it got to the tips, Jojo glanced at the Cacnea and waved. Her odd coloring of the shorts would surely catch attention.

"Plu plu!"

"Oh great, you're just like Nana in a way, aren't you?" Pamela sighed, not bothering to stop. Once out of her eyesight, Pamela came across more noises. It was then the owners of the voices finally appeared; Trent and Sakura. She could barely make out what they were saying, so she attempted to walk closer to them.. and that's when she started to hear them.

"I want Pikachu back." Pamela stopped. She sounded like a child, and thus didn't feel like getting any closer after that. Not only that, but her Pokemon wanted to catch her attention... and she didn't give it any. It's amazing how she payed so much attention to the boy and not her very own Pokemon.

"Those are people you avoid, Jojo," Pamela mumbled low enough so that only her Plusle heard. Even so, she decided to greet them. Besides... Trent happens to be the only one who acknowledges her, so far. Pamela rose her hand and whistled at them, hoping to catch their attention. "Hey," she started, but didn't feel like saying anything else. She froze, awful at socializing. That's when Jojo pulled at her hair, making her snap out of it. Seeing as how Sakura was holding Trent's arm, she didn't feel like intruding anymore. "I see...," she mumbled, but then rose her voice. "Well, I don't want to ruin it, again, so see you later Trent," she waved at them before continuing down her path to the Pokemon Center.

She started to see the houses and the roof of the Pokemon Center after a minute of walking. That's when she heard.. more noises. "It appears everybody's late to the forest now, hm?" she muttered, turning to the source. Jojo turned to look as well, and pointed at the Butterfree. It had dropped to the ground, along with another Pokemon. On closer inspection, she was surprised to see a Dratini. "Not bad... good choice." She got a few steps closer, revealing the two teens to the side. Both were people she had seen before... the boy with the raven black hair, and the girl with the bright blonde hair. Luckily for her, she can easily tell who's who from their hair colors.

"Good job girl! I can always count on you to give it your all!" she heard the boy say. She watched as the dragon wrapped around his neck, cuddling and getting comfortable around the nooks. "Competition I see... Jojo, you ready to battle a dragon in the future?" she smirked, feeling determined. The Plusle felt excited, ready to get stronger. If it was Nana she had asked, Nana would have turned her head and shook no. "Good. Let's make that our goal." With that said she walked away from them and towards the Pokemon Center. Once they had left the forest and entered the city, she felt a cool breeze hit her skin. It felt good.

Without hesitation, she entered the Pokemon Center.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
THE ADVENTURES OF TRENT RIFT
Teaching the Unteachable
"How do I get her trust?" Sakura asked. "She hates me... Probably because she thinks that I'm an idiot. I can't help it if I want to talk to you, can I?"

Trent sighed. "Well, it takes some pokemon to warm up to humans." He pointed to Vanessa. "Like Vanessa here. She probably doesn't hate you. She's just having a bit of a problem adjusting. You see, I've dealt with Slakoth before, so I know a bit about raising them." He led her into Route 1. "Sometimes you need to battle with a pokemon to gain it's trust. Watch." He looked for a proper pokemon before he decided on battling a Rattata.

The little rat was unsuspecting until the group got closer. "Kong, let's go!" He ran over to the pokemon and looked to Kong. "Battle time!" The Slakoth jumped off of his back and landed on his feet. "Let's do this! Use Crush Claw!" Kong lumbered forward slowly. The Rattata merely looked at his adversary, unaware of his intentions, until he saw Kong's claw enveloped in a white light. 'Tatta!' Before it could react, Kong raised is claw slowly and brought it down onto the rat pokemon with a good deal of force. The unsuspecting pokemon fell down to the ground under the pressure of the attack. Trent would've ordered another attack, then and there, but he knew that Slakoths were rather slow, and couldn't attack more than once in a short period of time. The Rattata stood up quickly. 'Tata! Rrrraaaattata!' It gave a fearsome cry for a Rattata and latched it's teeth on to Kong's legs. He began to shake his leg, trying to fling the rat off. He remained silent though, him being the strong, silent type. "Kong, use Scratch!" The Slakoth scratched the Rattata across the back, causing it to let go and flee the slow, but menacing, opponent. Trent turned back to Sakura. "And THAT is how you do it." He gave a bright smile as Kong clambered back up his shoulders and resumed his old position.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Yuri Welkin - Chapter 1-3: The Great and Powerful Ellie

Yuri sat and watched as the girl decided to train her Azurill. In his observation he learned a few things: the Azurill was named Nana and was presumably female, Nana knew bubble and muddy water, the latter likely being an egg move, route 1 had Rattata and Plusle in it, and that Nana was almost as disobedient as Ellie. Almost. After a failed battle against a Plusle which resulted with Nana bursting into tears, her trainer finally left. Finally. I thought she would never leave. While Yuri had nothing against the girl, Ellie liked her too much for him to be able to train while she was around. With her gone, though, this area of route 1 was ideally empty. He could have tried training further in, but he didn't want to have Ellie battling for her first time so far away from a pokemon center.

Now was the perfect time to train and Yuri couldn't afford to waste a moment of it knowing that all those trainers in front of the lab would be here any minute now so he immediately jumped out of the bush and released Ellie from her ball. As soon as she was out, Ellie looked around for the girl from before only to find, much to her disappointment, that she was gone. Instead of moping, though, she just decided to look for something else interesting. Yuri wondered just how seriously she was capable of taking anything. "Alright," he started. "Let's try out some moves before you actually do battle." Ellie didn't seem to give any indication that she was listening, something at which Yuri rolled his eyes. He snapped a few times to get her attention, but it was to no avail. Yuri pointed at a nearby tree and said, "Hey, how about tackle?" Suddenly, Ellie shifted from her curious stupor and flung herself without warning straight into Yuri's gut, knocking him down flat. As Yuri rolled around on the ground, winded and gasping for air, Ellie hopped on top of him and smiled at him. So strong it's scary! He looked at her as she decided to just lay down on him, now sniffing at his face with her trunk. He tried to speak, but struggled to get the breath to do so. "O-ow, wha...what are you...smiling about?" She inched forward and just nuzzled against his face a moment in response before letting out a simple "Phan!" Yuri stared at his Phanpy unsure of how to react to that before simply bursting into laughter. A slightly painful one considering how much his gut was hurting right now but still a pure laugh that was full of joy. He didn't exactly get what triggered it or many of the details behind it, but he knew that he was definitely having fun. I guess there are some things that you just have to experience for yourself, like raising a pokemon. Maybe being a trainer won't be so bad.

When Yuri stopped laughing, he realized the absurdity of the situation; laughing to himself like an idiot after being assaulted. He tried to move Ellie off him so he could get up, but the little one-foot-tall pokemon was heavier than him! Fortunately, she was round enough that after some effort he managed to roll her off of him. Getting up and dusting himself off, Yuri couldn't help but look back down at the little blue creature and smile. Yuri felt good inside when she seemed to smile back. Immediately after, Ellie returned to her state of "ignore Yuri and just wander around until I find something fun to do". Well, it was nice while it lasted... Next, Yuri contemplated trying out another move. He didn't want to risk getting hit by an ice shard attack, so there was only one move left. "Okay, let's try odor sleuth!" He shut his eyes and readied himself for whatever it was Ellie was going to do, but nothing happened. Once he opened them, he saw that Ellie was wandering off again, this time in the direction of Aurora Town! He suddenly remembered that odor sleuth involved tracking a scent, and that scent probably belonged to the only other person Ellie knew (sort of); Nana's trainer. Yuri groaned and just returned her to her ball, not wanting to deal with chasing her down.

Done practicing moves for now, Yuri decided to go deeper into the route and sit down on a nearby rock to take a short rest. Now seemed like a good time to go over what he had learned about Ellie concerning battling. First: she was quite physically strong, although it might just be that Yuri is merely that light and weak. Second: while she disobeys just about every order he gives her, attacks seem to register. Unfortunately, the target of said attack appears to be entirely up to her. Third: she was very heavy. Studies showed that the heaviest pokemon were either rock type, steel type, or were capable of taking many hits. Knowing that Ellie was neither of the former, Yuri decided it was safe to assume the latter applied to her. That didn't mean he could afford to be careless in battle, though.

Yuri decided that he had done enough battle-related things for now and instead took off his backpack and set it in front of himself. After rummaging through the various things cluttering the inside, he finally found his portable folding work table and the latest thing he had been working on along with several tools. Currently, Yuri was working on a sort of "inverse ball capsule", something that would be placed inside a pokeball that would alter the simulated environment inside the ball for the pokemon it housed. Sure, you could go and buy a luxury ball or something, but with this you could choose how you wanted it to be changed. The problem was in making sure that the device didn't interfere with the basic functions of the ball itself, what with going on the interior of it. Another problem was that he was unable to see the environment itself to record the changes and had to work based solely on his calculations. As a trainer, now he could catch a pokemon to use as a test subject. The issue with that was that it would have to be intelligent enough to be able to accurately report the changes to him. He started thinking of what sorts of pokemon he could catch for that purpose, but knew that he didn't know enough about what resided on this route for that sort of thinking to be fruitful. Regardless, he would need to complete a prototype anyway before he could do any sort of testing. Yuri pulled out a notebook from his pack and flipped it open to a page full of calculations, tables and diagrams. He needed to be cautious because the slightest error could cause serious harm to the pokemon once it was inside the pokeball.

Yuri worked for quite a while and was so completely absorbed in it that he didn't notice anything going on around him. When he finally felt that he had worked enough for now, he put his things away and stretched. "Ahh, nothing like working to make a man feel refreshed!" Feeling good, Yuri looked around at his surroundings. He finally felt like he could appreciate fresh air. After a quick mental rundown of his progress Yuri realized that he needed more resources, so he decided to head back to town and buy some at the mart. The moment he turned to head back, though, he saw a multitude of figures coming his way. It seemed everyone decided it was time to start their journeys at the same time! Yuri didn't want to risk passing them, especially on a route where he was prone to being challenged to a battle, so he instead started running deeper into the route. He had to get off the path so nobody would follow him.

He had to move fast before anyone took notice of him and decided to come up to him. Yuri hurriedly decided to rush into some nearby trees and ran through the thick wooded area, not paying attention to where he was going. All he wanted was to get back to simple solitude. He could feel his heart rate rising. Not good, at this rate he'll... Yuri's thoughts were interrupted by him tripping over a tree root and tumbling into a small clearing. He groaned tried to regain his bearings when he felt something under him. He managed to sit up after a little and looked down to see a small group of baby Rattata that he had fallen on top of. Fortunately, he wasn't heavy enough to do any actual damage to them. Looking around, he saw an immense number of other Rattata peering at him from the surrounding woods. If he had to guess, he had stumbled upon a colony of Rattata and when he landed, these little ones here didn't scatter fast enough. Considering the fact that he just landed on Rattata children, there would obviously be Rattata parents that would...Oh no... As soon as the revelation hit, a pair of Raticate leapt at him quickly followed by what seemed like the entire colony (but probably not). So this is why nobody leaves the path! Yuri quickly jumped to his feet and fled, powered by fear. He ran and ran, and finally managed to make it out of the woods, but in his brief moment of relief he slowed and was jumped on by a horde of Rattata. It looked looked like none of the Raticate left the woods, a place where catching them would be impossible for anyone besides an expert trainer to catch.

Yuri screamed as he was scratched and tackled by the large group, one of them even biting him. "GAAAAAH!" Those giant teeth definitely weren't just for show. Yuri struggled against them for a brief moment until he suddenly blacked out.

Koukan- Chapter 1-3: New Region, Same Pain

Koukan awoke, as usual, being used as a punching bag. This time, though, he was also being used to file down teeth. It seemed his alter had managed to get himself mauled by Rattata this time. Lucky me... The pain from most of it was nothing compared to the what he used to take on a daily basis, but massive chompers like those were new. Maybe he'd end up like a sort of pain connoisseur, sampling different types of pain from all over the world. heh, that'd be the day... First things first, though, he needed to get these damn rats off of him. Koukan stood up and pulled the rodents from his body before grabbing a nearby stick to defend himself with. This change in demeanor made the Rattata more cautious. They moved to surround him then leapt at him in a group, but Koukan was ready for them. With impeccable timing, he swung the stick and struck a multitude of the ones in front of him, shouting "Home run!" as he did so. Immediately afterwards, he jumped to the side to avoid the attacks from the ones behind him. Without waiting for them to act again, he started beating down the nearest rats with the stick. The Rattata soon realized that this boy was very dangerous and fled, leaving the ones too injured to follow. "Heh, that'll show you," he said with a satisfied grin.

With that done with, Koukan took a look at his surroundings. Trees, grass, and pokemon all over the place...must be a route. Did that spineless jerk finally get the balls to start a journey? He reasoned that if he was on a journey, he must have pokemon. After a very brief search, he found a single pokeball in his pocket. Unfortunately, the ball had one of those damn locks on it. Damn it, that kid just wants to make my life a living hell at every single turn. Koukan was fiddled with the lock a little before giving up. He couldn't guess any of the code sequences at home, so how would he guess this one? He held up the ball and stared at it. I bet this thing doesn't listen to him one bit. The thought made him chuckle a bit. He briefly considered torching his bag and tossing out his pokemon, but they shared the same body. Doing that would probably lead to Yuri getting himself killed at some point since he would be without his only means of defense, and Koukan didn't like the idea of dying.

Then, he looked at the fallen rats beneath him. If Yuri wouldn't let him use his pokemon, maybe he could catch one of his own. It shouldn't be too hard to find a way to hide it from the kid. Koukan reached into Yuri's bag (which was full of so much damn junk) and pulled out a pokeball which he promptly tossed at the nearest Rattata only to have it bounce off the thing. Koukan scowled. Figures... He had read once that a fainted pokemon couldn't be caught but he couldn't believe it. Seeing it now, it was probably to keep people like him who beat pokemon with sticks from getting them easily. Realizing that this wouldn't work, he had to think of another option. After scanning the area, he found a large path one way that probably led to a town, and in that path were a bunch of other kids. They could probably catch him a pokemon!

Koukan considered using the "cute little kid who can't catch anything" approach, but Yuri was anything but cute. Maybe they'd take pity on him for looking so small and helpless though. That wouldn't work anyway because if they didn't recognize him as a kid who got a starter from the lab, they'd recognize him as a kid who was just beating up some Rattata with a stick. Thus, the only plausible way seemed to be the fix-all solution of using force. Koukan picked up a bigger stick than the one he'd used against the Rattata and walked in the direction of town, ignoring the trainers around him.

Lately, Koukan had been able to last for longer periods of time before being switched back. Hopefully, he'd be able to last until he could get his own pokemon. While he walked, stick resting on his shoulder, he noticed a lot of the trainers walking in pairs. Boy-girl pairs thus far. He probably didn't want to take on two people at once without his own pokemon. There was one girl that was alone, but she had a Cacnea that looked like a nasty brawler. He could probably take 'em, but the others in the route would notice. He sighed disappointedly and decided to walk back into town instead.

Koukan saw the town and noticed a sign that said "Aurora Town". Aurora Town? Just where the hell am I? There was a nearby pokemon center that would probably have some answers. Once inside though, he found something else that was interesting. There was a girl there who had a Plusle with her, so she was clearly another one of the trainers. A town map nearby said that they were in the region of Celestia (wherever that was), but he didn't care about that anymore. This girl didn't have any trainers near her, nor would she have been able to see him beating the rats, but he couldn't just attack her here in the middle of a pokemon center. He suddenly had an idea. Koukan walked up to her and put on the most innocent face he could muster. "Umm...ah...excuse me miss," he started, tugging lightly on her jacket while looking down shyly for effect. "I found something big in the woods and I don't know what it is. Can you come and see it? Maybe a grown-up like you knows what it is." Koukan's plan was to lead her to someplace secluded before making his request. If she refused, that's what the stick was for.

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Congratulations Kenneth has caught a Butterfree.
012.gif
lvl 10. Luna has also gained 1 level. Luna has learned Twister.

Congratulations Trent; Kong has gained 1 level and is now Level 11.

Amanda Miller

Pokemon professor in Training
Inventory
Spoiler:

Team
Spoiler:

Amanda's eyes lit up as she saw Kenneth start to battle with Luna against a wild Butterfree. this is perfect! she thought quickly pulling out her notebook for the professors research and quickly writing down notes as she watched the battle in her neat handwriting. They get along so well, Luna does exactly as her trainer asks her to do. Their bond is strong already and will only get stronger. Luna is strong already, I feel she'll only get stronger because of their bond. she thought out what she was writing. Suddenly she noticed that Kenneth was talking to her and she blushed slightly.

"That was great Kenneth!" She said excitedly holding her notes. "the bond between you too is so strong. Observing you is going to be great for the Professors research" she put her notebook away a big grin on her face as she noticed the pokeball had stopped shaking. "and you have a new Pokemon to train." She added as Cherry bounced around her feet.

Looking around she spotted to her luck a Sunkern not far from them. "Alright Cherry you ready" she said softly scratching Cherry behind her ears as the Vulpix cooed. "Use Flare Blitz" she said and Cherry moved right away. Running at the Sunkern a trail of orange fire behind her. The flames then the circled around Cherry surrounding her body until it looked like she was covered in a fiery aura. Slamming into the Sunkern catching it off guard. The Sunkern winced glaring at Cherry before roots sprouted from it into the ground restoring some of it's health.

"Great job Cherry!" Amanda called out to her pokemon. "use Tail Whip" she ordered and Cherry turned her back to the Sunkern wagging her tail twice. The Sunkern in response sent two beams of red light at Cherry sapping health from her.

"Ember Cherry" she called out Cherry glared at the Sunkern and opened her mouth a bolt of fire shooting from her mouth and hitting the Sunkern burning it. Seeing her chance Amanda pulled a Pokeball out of her bag and threw it at the Sunkern. Watching as the Pokemon was sucked into it and then the ball shook.​

DeuceClubs

Boom Shakalaka
Years
Pamela Oxford​
298.png
311.png

Spoiler:

"Here, they're all healed!"

"Thank you." She took back both her Pokeballs and glanced around, happy to have battled and captured one Pokemon in an entire day. She released Jojo, who immediately sat on her shoulder. His tail motioned for the window, revealing a familiar boy passing by. Just as she turned to see who it was, he had entered the Pokemon Center. The boy... was hat kid with the sunken eyes and Phanpy! He seemed pretty worn out. She watched as he checked the town map, as if he was new to this place.

"Plu?" Jojo mumbled, confused. Pamela felt the same way, giving her Plusle a pat. That's when the boy walked up to her, surprising her.

"Umm...ah...excuse me miss," he started, tugging lightly on her jacket while looking down shyly. "I found something big in the woods and I don't know what it is. Can you come and see it? Maybe a grown-up like you knows what it is." Pamela blinked, not knowing how to respond. She wasn't very good with kids, and seeing how he could easily pass off as an elementary kid of some sort, she nodded slowly with skepticism in her face.

"Yeah, I could...," she started. "I doubt I would know if you wouldn't recognize, but I'll go anyway." She gave in to the offer. She'd feel bad if she refused. He was a kid after all. "Well, let's get going then." She started walking over to the forest, expecting the kid to catch up and lead the way once they entered the route.​

Sephear

Years
Kenneth got a goofy smile on his face when the pokeball clicked and stopped moving. "Alright, nobody was around when I caught my Stantler so I'm gonna be a little stupid right now." He picked up the sphere and lifted it into the air. "Yeah! I caught a Butterfree!" He wondered why she blushed sometimes while he was talking too her but he didn't say anything about it out loud. Don't know why Dad always gave me crap about making friends with some girls...it's not like I ever had a problem with them but so far Amanda's not all that different from my guy friends...'cept she's nicer to look at, and her voice is more pleasant, and she's smarter and...maybe it's not the same. Looks like Dad's infallible judgement of character found me a good new friend.

"You ready Cherry?" Kenneth felt the excitement of battle rush through him again as he turned to see Cherry running at a Sunkern and realized Amanda had found her quarry. He pumped a fist and cheered as Cherry wreathed herself in fire and slammed into the unsuspecting Sunkern. "Nice!" He laughed a bit when the adorable Vulpix waggled her tails in front of her opponent until he was lulled into attacking and opened up with her own after it lowered it's guard. She scorched the Sunkern with small but plenty got flames before a pokeball absorbed it and began to rock back and forth on the floor. "That was a good battle Amanda, you and Cherry have great synergy too, just goes to show nothing counts for more than the bond between pokemon and trainer, I can't wait to see how you do against the first gym leader and...what was that?"

Before he could continue praising his new friend Kenneth heard a bit of rustling and saw the purple girl who had been sitting nearby the dock when he and his Dad flew in. Well that's three people now who seem to have their own theme colors...maybe I should get one? Aw but my hair's black...someone who wears all black is so overdone and lame...Damn! He was about to say hello to her since he had been too busy visiting the professor earlier but at that moment he saw someone follow her...it was a very small and scrawny looking boy.

The boy looked so innocent and weak but...the sight of him sent a chill up Kenneth's spine and he had no idea why, for a moment he swore he saw a sinister smirk take over the boy's face but he blinked and it was gone. What's up with him? The more Kenneth looked at the other boy the more familiar he looked, besides the sense of uneasiness around him that is. Have we met before...I'd remember if that boy was from around Ecruteak...maybe my father knows him?...Or his father? Kenneth didn't approve of sneaking around but he felt weird so without taking another step he crouched down and looked at the two again, momentarily forgetting about Amanda.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Danielle Marriott
How To Catch a Pokémon Redux

Danielle could see more people appearing on the route. Needles even turned to wave at a Plusle that was with a girl and had waved at him. She told Needles not to get distracted and to get moving, which made the cactus Pokémon snap out of whatever he was in and follow Danielle happily. As both of them wandered around, the girl pondered on which Pokémon she could catch. She could see Butterfrees flying around, that girl had a Plusle with her, and there were even a couple of Rattatas playing around in the grass. So many Pokémon, yet she couldn't decide on what to catch.

Then, a small green round bird Pokémon landed in front of her. It quickly got wary of her presence, and turned to stare at her. Danielle was confused by what it was doing. How could such a small and pretty bird Pokémon act so creepy? When Needles stepped forward to greet him, it hopped back. The cactus Pokémon wouldn't give up, and attempted to get closer to the bird; however the bird hopped once again, only this time it was forward and hit Needles with a Peck attack. The attack looked pretty effective, and forced the Cacnea to back up. Danielle smirked, that Pokémon sure looked powerful, and could be a great addition to her team. That was it then, she was going to catch that one. Her smirk faded however, as soon as she saw the Natu getting ready to fly away.

"Oh, no, you won't!" she shouted, "Needles, Grasswhistle!"

Needles then started making this sweet, pleasant sound. It was very hard for Danielle to stay awake, and the Natu fell asleep as it was starting to take off and fell to the ground. "Alright, now use Growth!" Needles used the sunlight's power to increase his body and power a little bit, but before he could increase his power even more, the Natu woke up from it's sleep. What? So soon? Danielle thought, Oh, it must be its Ability... This battle was not going to be easy, because she would have to put Natu to sleep very often to keep it from running away. This time, however, the small bird did not attempt an escape, and attacked Needles with Night Shade. It created a bigger image of itself that scared Needles and made him trip over. Then it lunged forward to strike with Peck again.

"Needles, quick, Poison Sting!"

As the Natu's beak got closer and closer to the cactus Pokémon, the latter sent a bright purple bullet out of his arms. Despite being hit by the beak, the attack's power appeared to have done less damage than before. Needles then fired another Poison Sting at the bird, which the bird countered with Leer. Danielle was starting to get worried as the battle went on. Peck's a Flying-type attack. Needle's a Grass-type Pokémon. That gives that Pokémon an advantage. she thought, What's more, it used Leer, which will make the next Peck more effective than before. This can't be good. Needles looks very tired... The next Peck will probably put him out of commission!

Then, as the Natu was about to charge forward for another Peck attack, it felt pain inside of him that held him back. A purple bubble came out of his beak. The second Poison Sting attack must have inflicted that condition on it! Danielle felt slightly better about her chances. Not only this attack dealt damage to the small bird, she also knew that if a Pokémon was poisoned, it was going to be easier to catch! Well, I'll have to attempt to catch it now. It it strikes with Peck, Needles is done for. It's all or nothing now. Here goes!

She grabbed a Pokéball from her gray bag and hurled it at the small bird. It attempted to dodge it but the poison held it back. Not before long it was turned into a red light and sent inside the round device. Danielle could only bite her lower lip and wait for the ball to stop shaking and make the clicking sound that brought many trainers a feeling of relief.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Tyler Frates

Aurora Town/Route 1

Klink

Time: 7:39 AM

"Attention passangers, we are now arriving in Celestia. Please turn off all electronic devices."

The voice awoke Tyler. He slowly sat up, still tired. Where am I? For a moment Tyler forgot what he was doing. On his lap was a Poképad that aired the Johto League he was missing out on. That got his memory back. I must have fallen asleep.

The semifinals had just ended. Tyler's friend Mark was in the finals, and he really wanted to see how it ended. "Dang it," he muttered under his breath.

Time: 8:00 AM

Tyler had finially arrived in Aurora Town. It wasn't really what he'd been expecting. There was a Pokémon Center and a Poké mart, but nothing really worth checking out. This is the exact opposite of Goldenrod... was his only thought. He looked around for the Lab. It was right behind him, but he didn't notice until after looking all over town.

Finally, he went inside. "Hi. I'm here for my Pokémon." The professor smiled. "I've been waiting for you. I picked a Pokémon out for you. I think you'll enjoy it."

"You did?"
"Yes."
"What is it?
"A suprise."

The professor picked up one of the eight Pokéballs and handed it to Tyler. He minimized the ball and attached it to his belt. "Take these, too." Professor Solaria said, opening a chest in the back of the room. "Five Pokéballs, five Potions, and a Pokédex." She gave Tyler the items one at a time. He looked at the Pokédex for a few seconds. It was orange, the exact same shade as his shirt. "How many colors do these come in?"

The professor sighed. "A lot." Tyler stopped to imagine a Pokédex rainbow. The thought was just... weird. He turned around to leave. Halfway out the door, he called out, "Thanks!"

Tyler realized that he still had no idea what his starter was. He detached the ball from his belt, maximized it, and dropped it to the ground. The red light began to form into... two gears? Tyler had seen this Pokémon when his family went on a trip to Unova, he just couldn't remember it's name. He decided to scan it with his Pokédex.

Klink, Gear Pokemon
Level 10, Genderless

Two bodies comprise a fixed pair. They spin around eachother to generate energy.

Vice Grip, Charge, Signal Beam

Tyler had to admit, this Klink had a pretty sweet moveset for such a low level. And he was kind of cute. Tyler sat down, thinking of a name for it. Elesa? No. Byron? No. Stop thinking of Gym leaders. Gyro? I guess that's a good one.

Tyler patted the back of Klink's left gear. "I'm going to call you Gyro. Can you remember that?" Gyro let out a soft, "Klink klink!" as if trying to say yes. "Now, do you want a Pokémon friend?" Tyler needed another Pokémon, and of course he didn't want Gyro to be lonely. Not after what happened to Eevee. So he set off to Route 1.

He saw a girl trying to catch a Natu... with a Cacnea. Probably not the best Pokémon for him to use. Probably should stay out of it, though. Tyler kept walking through the route. A Pokémon pecked his leg. Tyler looked down to find a Natu. "Aww... aren't you a curious little birdie..." He tried to pet it, but it hopped away and pecked his hand. "Ow!" he said. Tyler realized that he should probably catch the Natu. He sent out Gyro, who launched a Signal Beam at the Natu without command. "You love to battle, don't you? Use a Charge!" The beam had made Natu angry, and while Gyro was Charging, Natu skipped over and used Peck on it. Gyro seemed pretty unharmed, and Tyler knew why. Steel type Pokémon resist eleven types, including Flying. "Uhh... Signal Beam again!"

When the beam hit, Natu decided it was best to flee. The Natu began to fly away. "Don't let it escape! Vice Grip!" Gyro went up to Natu's height, and used Vice Grip to bring it to the ground. "Keep it distracted!" Tyler called, holding one of his Pokéballs. Natu tried to Peck again, but it had the same resute as last time. Tyler threw the Pokéball, barely hitting Natu. Now he just had to sit back and pray that it works.​

Last edited:

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Koukan- Chapter 1-4: "They see you as small and helpless. They see you as just a child."

Koukan smiled widely when the girl agreed to go, but he allowed it to fade out of fear that his enthusiasm would give him away. While they walked, he made an effort to look as scared and helpless as possible, hugging the stick to his chest while he held it for further effect. People are much more accepting of someone holding a weapon when they do it defensively, and this was about as defensive-looking as it gets. During the walk, he thought about his plan. This girl had two pokemon from what he saw in the pokemon center, one of them being a Plusle and the other being one strong enough to subdue one. Koukan was typically able to get at least one sneak attack in, so he was used to just striking their kneecaps and threatening them while they were down. That wouldn't work with her because of two words: Thunder. Wave. Getting hit by that would stun him and give her a chance to recover and fight back. That meant he needed to take a more subtle approach.

She didn't seem to be too touchy about space, judging by the fact that he didn't get pushed away when he got close to tug her jacket. He could get close and take something of hers to use against her. Maybe he could grab the plusle and threaten it, and by extension her. Using the stick would be no good for that because of the thunder wave, so maybe he could use the Rattata nest to his advantage. No, he'd have to pass the bunch of KO'ed rats on the side of the road to get there, something that would make her suspicious. Okay, so anything with the nest was out. Damn, that Plusle was making this way too difficult. If he beat that thing to a pulp, it wouldn't be able to fight back and he could threaten her with killing it, but the other pokemon was unaccounted for and could be even worse for his plan. Ugh! Okay, Koukan. Think subtle. he told himself.

At least the stress over this was good. He found that he usually switched back when he was the calmest. That used to be right after a fight, but after realizing what was really happening with him he was able to stay longer by thinking existential thoughts and other things that pissed him off. Back to planning, then. If he was going to do this subtly, then he probably shouldn't be using the stick in the first place. He couldn't draw this walk out very long, so he had to think fast. He wouldn't even be in this situation if it weren't for that damned Yuri and his stupid locks. Wait, locks... That's it! Finally having a good plan caused him to smirk, but he put it away in a flash before his cover was blown.

Finally done with that, Koukan led the girl into the woods and stopped when he found a small clearing. He didn't want too many trees around that could be used against him. "I remember it was somewhere around here," he said in his timid voice. "Please wait." He put down his backpack and searched for the pokeball locks Yuri had made. There were several laying about on the floor of the massive bag, but he also searched for something else he could use as an excuse for searching inside the bag in the first place. Finally deciding on the spyglass (who even carries around a spyglass anyway?), Koukan minimized the lock and hid it in his sleeve before getting up again. "Maybe this can help us find it again," he said, proudly holding up the spyglass. "But..." Time to put the plan in motion! Koukan walked straight up to the girl and hugged her. "The forest is dark and kinda scary. Don't leave me alone, please?"

Before she had a chance to respond, he quickly reached for where she kept the pokeball containing her other pokemon, having seen her put it away at the pokemon center. Once it was in his hand, he immediately jumped back out of her reach and pulled the lock out of his sleeve, expanding it and holding it up for her to see before he put the lock on the ball, putting in a code quickly. He didn't want the pokemon inside coming out on its own and ruining his plan. "No sudden moves or else you never see your precious pokemon again." His voice was now entirely different from the earlier one, more fierce and demanding. "Now, I've put a code locking this ball. If you wanna know what it is, you'll do as I say. For reasons that are none of your damn business, I need a pokemon that isn't the one you've probably seen me with. You either catch it for me, or I take this one here. Understood? And don't try getting it out of me with torture. I've taken more pain than you're probably even capable of dishing out." Koukan didn't grin like an evil maniac, rather he kept a serious expression. He had nothing against this girl, but this was how you got what you wanted. That's just how the world works.

DeuceClubs

Boom Shakalaka
Years
Pamela Oxford​
298.png
311.png

Spoiler:

Pamela had walked for a while, waiting for the boy to signal to her when to stop and where the so called "monsters" he mentioned. She found it odd that he, as a trainer, would ask for help... but he was just a child. After a few minutes of walking, they had reached a clearing. That's when the boy finally spoke out.

"I remember it was somewhere around here. Please wait." She folded her arms, waiting to see what he would come up with. 'He looks... odd.' Her Plusle, seeing as how the boy was acting, grew tense. Pamela felt Jojo's intensity and patted him on the head.

"There's nothing to worry about... on the contrary...," she mumbled, taking out a pokeball and sending Plusle back to his own world. She kept it in her hand, in case the boy wanted help of some sort involving a battle. She watched as he rummaged through the bag, as if looking for something.

"Maybe this can help us find it again," he said, proudly holding up a device. "But..." he stopped mid-sentence, walking over to her and giving a hug. She was speechless, yet at the same time felt uncomfortable. "The forest is dark and kinda scary. Don't leave me alone, please?"

"Can't make promi-" she started, but stopped as she felt his hands on her backpack. Before she could do anything, he stepped back quickly and held Nana's pokeball in his hand. She grimaced, disappointed by the youth of today. Out of his sleeve came a lock of some sort, similar to a pokeball she saw him carry before.

"No sudden moves or else you never see your precious pokemon again." Pamela didn't know how to react. It was a good thing she had put Plusle back to his Pokeball, or else he would have interfered and put himself in danger as well. Unfortunately she had a plan... but not a good one. Perhaps it's best for both. If she were to steal the ball, it's locked. If she were to deny, Nana is left with this spoiled brat. If she ran off... well, of course, that would be cowardly to ask for help. She never asks for help... but... nor does she do what others order her to do. "Now, I've put a code locking this ball. If you wanna know what it is, you'll do as I say. For reasons that are none of your damn business, I need a pokemon that isn't the one you've probably seen me with. You either catch it for me, or I take this one here. Understood? And don't try getting it out of me with torture. I've taken more pain than you're probably even capable of dishing out."

She sighed. Throwing her Plusle's Pokeball to the inside of her bra in case he were to somehow go for him too. "Well... darn, oh how I'm in danger," she said rather sarcastically, then turned serious. "Depends on what Pokemon you want. Besides... I didn't have an entire day with Nana. Keep her if you want. She's pretty disobedient, so knowing you now, you'll probably have to abuse or torture the poor thing for it to be what you want... but heh. Like I said, it depends what you'll ask for," Pamela explained. "Just like you said... who ever said I liked the one I had, hmm?" She then stopped. Looking around, she saw a... Rattata. She snickered. She might as well give him a rather weak Pokemon, no? "Alrighty then, I'll do it. I'll choose the Pokemon. Deal?"​

Last edited:

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Koukan- Chapter 1-5: Subjugation Problems

Koukan watched as the girl sighed and put her Plusle's ball inside her bra before sarcastically saying, "Well... darn, oh how I'm in danger," she didn't seem to be all that worried. Well, this is what I get for trying to be subtle. I should have just used the stick. "Depends on what Pokemon you want. Besides... I didn't have an entire day with Nana. Keep her if you want. She's pretty disobedient, so knowing you now, you'll probably have to abuse or torture the poor thing for it to be what you want... but heh. Like I said, it depends what you'll ask for. Just like you said... who ever said I liked the one I had, hmm?" She stopped and looked around, her gaze focusing on a Rattata before she started snickering smugly. "Alrighty then, I'll do it. I'll choose the Pokemon. Deal?"

"I don't care what pokemon it is," Koukan said flatly. He didn't like how she didn't respect him and even worse that he didn't really have a way of making her until he had what he wanted, but by then there wouldn't be a point in doing that. He minimized the ball and put it in his own pocket before walking back over to the bag. "I just want one, that's all. It isn't fair that that jerkass Yuri-" He stopped before he went any further and revealed himself as "not Yuri". He actually kind of wanted this girl to hate Yuri and if he revealed that they were separate people, then she might not, or even worse, she might even pity him. "Just go catch something, will ya?" he shouted. He dug through the pack and took out all the locks, then started digging a hole behind a bush to bury them in. He wasn't worried that the girl would try taking her ball back considering the fact that it was locked and only Yuri knew how to get rid of those things. Fortunately, now that the Plusle was put away, he could finally use the stick in case she refused.

Once he was done burying the locks, Koukan zipped up the bag and put it on, picking the stick back up as well. He started practicing his swings, switching back and forth between looking like a guy practicing kendo and one practicing baseball. He didn't really know how to do either of those, but it didn't really take much skill to hit people with sticks in the first place. For her sake, the girl didn't want to refuse him. After some thought, he realized that it didn't really matter if she respected him or not. As long as he got what he wanted, everything was good. During is mindless swinging, his thoughts turned to what she had said. "She's pretty disobedient, so knowing you now, you'll probably have to abuse or torture the poor thing for it to be what you want." Knowing you? What the hell does she know about me? She probably thinks the same of me as freaking Yuri does. He stopped swinging for a moment. What did he care what they thought of him? None of that mattered, did it? He started getting pissed off at it all and continued swinging even harder. Then he grinned. Funny how I should be happy about getting mad because I can stay longer, but by definition I shouldn't be happy when I'm mad because I'm mad.

DeuceClubs

Boom Shakalaka
Years
Pamela Oxford​
311.png

Spoiler:

Pamela waited for him to give an answer, but when he did, it wasn't what she expected. "I don't care what pokemon it is." She watched as he placed Nana in his own pocket before waking to where the bag was. "I just want one, that's all. It isn't fair that that jerkass Yuri-" he suddenly halts. That name seemed oddly familiar, but she didn't bother to remember where she had heard it before. She'll have to ask the Professor who Yuri was later on. "Just go catch something, will ya?" he shouted at her, making her feel pity for him. The first thing that popped into her mind was Plusle. Maybe she could.. you know... give him Plusle? Besides; she may be cold on the outside, but on the inside she wanted to help him. No matter how cruel he may be, maybe he's just afraid to make friends... like her? Then again he was a thief and got what he wanted; but everybody had a weakness. Thing is, Pamela lied. She really cared about Nana... and she just caught Plusle. Unlike Nana, Jojo was fast and quite obedient. Maybe instead of being such an evil person, she could be nice for once and give him her Plusle?

She walked away, letting out Plusle in the process. When she walked a few feet, she reached a Rattata. She was about to order her Plusle to attack, but felt bad. She stood there for a long while before glancing at Plusle. He smiled at her. "Say... do you like him?" she wondered. He shook his head, making this difficult for her. "Will you like him if I were to give you to him?" she added, stunning Plusle. He looked down, not knowing how to respond. "He wants a friend... yeah, he might be cold and quite the brat but... maybe he's like most trainers who treat their powerful Pokemon like royalty? You're powerful, and very determined... you could easily fit that bill, no?"

"Plu," Jojo nodded. She smiled, patting his head.

"It's alright... if he treats you wrong, I'll find a way to steal you back from him. There's just something about him that makes me wonder." With that said, she walked over to where the boy was. He was playing with the stick, slicing the air with it. She was worried he'll think she's odd for changing ideas so quickly, but she put Jojo back in his Pokeball and waved at him goodbye. When the Pokeball had locked, and hoping he watched, she extended her hand to him. "Hey... I changed my mind. Let's just trade Pokemon. I'd feel bad giving you a weak Pokemon-" she forced out, despite what she had thought. She didn't want to end up like her brother... that spoiled evil brat. "So, trade? This Plusle of mine for my Azurill? If you aren't satisfied, I'll go catch a different Pokemon if you like. Plusle's very obedient to an extent, and quite determined with a lot of stamina. You'll like him." She awaited his response.​

Sephear

Years
Well then...this day seemed to be going fairly normal up till now. Never in his life had Kenneth changed his mind so frequently. He almost jumped in to give the boy a thrashing when he took the pokeball, but before he could do anything purple girl made it quite clear that ultimately she was the one in control, so he merely watched. He was astounded at how clever she was and how well she could play apathetic, although the way the boy was swinging the stick made him nervous, maybe it was insurance for if she didn't comply but when she suggested the idea to give the boy her Plusle he couldn't sit back and observe anymore.

Kenneth made his way out of the bushes in a pseudo-heroic manner(In his head at least.) "Whoa whoa whoa, hold it just a minute, you can't just give that guy the pokemon you worked so hard to catch! Not only would it be a betrayal to your plusle it wouldn't be good for him in the long run either, how will he grow as a trainer or a person if he doesn't achieve his own goals? Besides" a valid reason finally came to Kenneth's head whereas up till then he had just been arguing morals. "If he got what he wanted from bullying you why wouldn't he use your pokemon to bully other people into getting what he wants? If he doesn't have a pokemon I'm sure the professor would gladly...hold on a minute...Celestia isn't normally open to outsiders and if any other natives wanted to be trainers besides Amanda it would be a big deal...shouldn't you already have a pokemon?"

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Koukan- Chapter 1-6: My Own Journey

Koukan continued swinging until he noticed the girl come back. "That was fast. Wha'd you catch?"

He saw her hold out a pokeball. "Hey... I changed my mind. Let's just trade Pokemon. I'd feel bad giving you a weak Pokemon-" she said. As she did, Koukan's face began to contort into one of rage. "So, trade? This Plusle of mine for my Azurill? If you aren't satisfied, I'll go catch a different Pokemon if you like. Plusle's very obedient to an extent, and quite determined with a lot of stamina. You'll like him." After a point, he stopped really listening. He could tell someone else arrived too, probably to spout some stupid heroic nonsense, but he didn't pay any attention to him either. Besides, without the sequence, he couldn't do anything to stop him.

Feel bad? He stopped and clutched the stick tightly with both hands, walking over to her. "Did you just say you'd feel bad?!" Koukan lifted the stick over his head and brought it down at the girl hard. "DON'T FREAKING PITY ME!" The stick came down... then stopped. He realized that he had a pokemon right in front of him; a journey of his own. He couldn't risk losing that because of some stupid girl who didn't know what she was talking about. Koukan put the stick down and calmed down a little. He finally processed what it was that guy had said, then realized that it was exactly what he thought it would be. However, the last part was an opportunity. Not facing him, he told him, "I do have a pokemon, its just a stupid useless wimp. That's why I need a better one." Koukan figured that it would be easy to make this hero-type hate him, and in turn, hate Yuri. The kid can't talk to anyone, so he wouldn't be able to settle the misunderstanding.

Koukan grinned, glad to finally be having his way. He reached out and put his hand on the ball containing the Plusle and told the girl, "The four pads on the top correspond to your fingers, besides the thumb. The code is Pinky, Middle, Middle, Ring, Pinky, Ring, going by your right hand at least." Koukan felt the metal shell of the ball. Under his hand right now was his first pokemon; the start of his very own pokemon adventure. The thought of it made him happy.

Yuri Welkin - Chapter 1-6: This Doesn't Look Good...

Yuri regained consciousness with his hand on a pokeball. He looked up and found himself staring straight at Nana's trainer. "W-w-w-wh-w-" He couldn't get a single word out of his mouth. What was going on? Where was he? What had that crazy bully done? He took his hand off the ball and backed away slowly. That's when he saw the other boy looking at him with an unhappy expression. "Oh no..." This couldn't be good. "No, no, no..." He realized he was holding a stick. Was his alter going to hit them? "NonononononononononoNO!" This was awful! Yuri stepped back even further, eyes filled with fear, before suddenly running away. "I'm sorry! I'm sorryI'msorryI'msorry!"

Even once he was out of the woods, he kept running. Why didn't they switch back after the Rattata attack? Well, technically they did, but it was too far after. Nevermind that, what had he been doing? Yuri felt himself getting tired so he jumped into a bush and hid. Would those people come after him? If they tried to hit him, it might cause the psycho to come out again. In a panic, he searched for the ball containing Ellie. He breathed a sigh of relief when he felt the ball where it was when he left it. Although, strangely enough, he felt a second ball next to it. He pulled them both out and released Ellie to check that she wasn't hurt. By the fact that she just started wandering like always, it was probably safe to assume that she wasn't. However, there was the issue of this second ball. It had a lock on it, but that wasn't a problem. Yuri put in the (excessively long) code to disengage the lock, then sent out the pokemon inside only to find himself looking at Nana.

His face was blank as the Azurill and the Phanpy started to play. Immediately after, his face filled with panic. This is worse than I thought! How had he stolen Nana? He had to return her immediately. But how, now that she probably hated him? Wait, maybe she would come after her pokemon, knowing that he had it! Relieved that he didn't have to actually approach her, Yuri now had to think of a way to not be seen while she came to pick Nana up. The two pokemon were playing near the bush, so that probably wasn't a good idea. He couldn't be too far, though. In the end, Yuri decided to climb a nearby tree and wait there, ready to run if the girl inquired about Ellie. At least it was a good thing he hadn't tried to befriend her or anything when he saw her earlier. What about the boy? He was much older and might be dangerous. Or at least think that Yuri was dangerous. Hold on... he recognized the boy. It was Jeremy Barol's son! Well, now he had an elite pokemon trainer-in-the-making after him... Yuri groaned at the mess he had gotten himself into and continued waiting on the tree branch.

Last edited:

DeuceClubs

Boom Shakalaka
Years
Pamela Oxford​
???
Spoiler:

Pamela noticed how the kid started to turn angered after she spoke, making her grimace. 'This kid... are you serious? Doesn't matter what he spouts out, he's probably going to take it anyway.' Just as she thought, he spouted out hate towards her. Apparently he hated when people felt pity for him. Suddenly he lifted his stick and hit her hard at her shoulder. Luckily it hit where the strap to her bag was, so she felt no pain and just stood there. "Look, you're a kid. What do you expect? Of course people are going to take pity on you."

"Whoa whoa whoa, hold it just a minute, you can't just give that guy the pokemon you worked so hard to catch! Not only would it be a betrayal to your plusle it wouldn't be good for him in the long run either, how will he grow as a trainer or a person if he doesn't achieve his own goals? Besides... If he got what he wanted from bullying you why wouldn't he use your pokemon to bully other people into getting what he wants? If he doesn't have a pokemon I'm sure the professor would gladly...hold on a minute...Celestia isn't normally open to outsiders and if any other natives wanted to be trainers besides Amanda it would be a big deal...shouldn't you already have a pokemon?"

Pamela glanced at the boy, already knowing the answer to that. "I do have a pokemon, its just a stupid useless wimp. That's why I need a better one." Pamela bit her tongue, not wanting to say anything. One thing is wanting a strong Pokemon... another is calling your own weak and not even learning how to wield the Pokemon properly.

Despite what the boy from the bushes had said, the kid still took the Plusle, but also told her the code to Nana's pokeball. Suddenly, right when he smiled, everything changed. He glanced up with shock in his eyes. He stuttered, dropping Plusle's ball and backing away. Pamela suddenly gained a thought, having seen this before in movies. "Oh no..." he mumbled after seeing the boy from the bushes. Yelling, he ran off saying "I'm sorry" over and over again.

'It can't be what I think it is.... great. If that's the case, I have to help. He is so confused.' Pamela glanced at the boy from the bushes. "I'll take care of it," she said before letting out Plusle. Just by looking at him you could tell he wasn't happy. "Sorry, I'll tell you what happened... but hold on to me. I'm running!" she told Jojo before making a dash for the boy. Unfortunately he still had Nana, and not only that, Pamela was awfully confused at the reaction the boy had. His eyes weren't the same... nor was that evil boy the same one she heard when he talked to the Professor's assistant; nor when the Phanpy ran over to her. It can only mean one thing... or can it? Who knows. Maybe he's acting?

She kept running until Plusle yelped and pointed to his right. Pamela made a sudden stop, making Jojo fall to the ground from the jerk. There, near a bush, was a Phanpy and... NANA!

"Nana!" she called, surprised. The Azurill turned, happy to see her. Unfortunately she only gave a smile and bounce before she continued to play with the Phanpy. Pamela approached them, the two playing playfully. This obviously must belong to the kid, meaning he must not be far...

"HEY... is by chance... that kid not really you?" she rose her voice a bit, trying to get an answer. She didn't know if he was near or not, but she wanted to test a theory. Plusle glanced around, sniffing, and ran around. Jumping, he stops and looks up.

"PLU PLU!" he pointed up above, climbing up the tree and sitting on the kid's head. Pamela smiled, finally finding him. When she reached out her hand, the rodent leaped and easily climbed up her arm and to her shoulder.

"I got questions for you... no, don't be afraid, I'm not going to do anything harsh or disrespectful to you. I just need answers." She picked up Nana, who started using weak bubbles to play with the Phanpy. "Besides... I need her Pokeball." If it was on the ground or in visible sight, she pretended it wasn't. She simply wanted to help the boy.​

Sephear

Years
Everything in front of him was happening so fast Kenneth wasn't sure how to react...it seemed like the girl still planned on giving the other boy the Plusle...probably to get her first pokemon back. For a moment he thought they should just take the ball back but...the boy was more of a kid than they were, they couldn't just bully him. The boy got really angry for a moment and seemed like he was going to try to whack the purple girl with the stick but he stopped short and only lightly tapped the shoulder strap of her bag, change of heart maybe? Kenneth opened his mouth in surprise for a moment but ultimately ended up with a an unconscious smile on his face when the boy told her how to unlock the pokeball with her first pokemon in it. When the boy reached for the pokeball Kenneth almost smacked it out of his hand, he was going to remind them that he already had a pokemon but he was astounded to see that as he grabbed the pokeball an undeniably genuine and happy smile banished the anger from the boy's face.

And just like that, magic moment over, the other boy seemed to freeze for a second and then blinked and when his eyes opened they were different. Before anyone could say anything else the boy gasped out a few quick and terrified apologies before darting off further into the trees. Kenneth was stunned...such a complete and utter change of attitude. "Was that even the same person...why would he-" Luna curved around to look at him face to face and her expression, despite being mouth-less made it quite clear she didn't see him as the same person. "Could he be...a schizophrenic?" he turned to speak with the girl but before he said anything else she ran off after the kid telling him she could handle it. "Maybe so but I'd like to help too." He chased after her as closely as he could.

It wasn't all that long before the girl seemed to have found her Azurill and...a Phanpy? Could it be the boy's pokemon? After a moment the Plusle climbed up a nearby tree and after his eyes followed it Kenneth saw the boy...he looked so different...much more sullen and despondent but also thoughtful...and definitely scared. The girl tried to reassure him and said something about needing the Azurill's pokeball...but it struck Kenneth as an excuse. The more he thought about it the more obvious it became to him that the boy one way or another was not the same person they had encountered earlier, and he didn't want him to be scared.

He drew closer and also called out to the boy. "Hey you can talk to us you know, we're not mad or anything." As he spoke something nagged at his mind and he saw the image of the alter ego's warm smile as he took the pokeball in his head once again. It seemed to him like the locks he had would be for separating pokemon between them since the other side was agressive. "Also I-I don't think you need to use that lock, I think that other boy-whoever he is- really likes pokemon, I think he'd treat your Phanpy well...I think his only problem really is with people." He tried to put his most reassuring smile on while he spoke. "I'm Kenneth by the way, why don't you come down so we can shake hands and maybe be friends?"

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Yuri Welkin - Chapter 1-7: Unexpected Repercussions

Yuri was relieved when the girl arrived to get her Azurill, but she then started calling out for him. This was bad, but it wasn't like he hadn't expected it. "HEY... is by chance... that kid not really you?" It seemed like she had figured it out, but it changed nothing. Yuri was still off-limits and his alter was still dangerous. He stood up and prepared to leave before she saw him, but the Plusle managed to sniff him out and ran up the tree onto his head. The extra weight put him off balance and caused him to fall off, landing mostly uninjured in a bush below. After he managed to stand back up, she looked at him and spoke directly at him. "I got questions for you... no, don't be afraid, I'm not going to do anything harsh or disrespectful to you. I just need answers. Besides... I need her Pokeball."

Yuri looked at the ground but still searched his pockets for the pokeball he had forgotten to leave with Nana. He wordlessly held it out for her to take, but winced when he heard the voice of the younger Barol. "Hey you can talk to us you know, we're not mad or anything." Yuri turned away from both of them, his back facing them now. He knew they weren't mad, but that was probably the worst part. "Also I-I don't think you need to use that lock" That statement caused Yuri to turn to him and give him a shocked look. "I think that other boy -whoever he is- really likes pokemon, I think he'd treat your Phanpy well...I think his only problem really is with people." Yuri grimaced. You don't know what he's capable of... he thought, the image of his battered mother coming into his mind. Any five-year-old capable of that is definitely a monster. "I'm Kenneth by the way, why don't you come down so we can shake hands and maybe be friends?"

Yuri's eyes widened at the last word, but they filled with anything but happiness. It was exactly what he was afraid of. It seemed that they knew all about how he and the alter were separate people. Now they probably pitied him and wanted to take care of the little boy put in a position out of his control. Friends? They had absolutely no idea. Yuri tried his best to stand up straight and look them face-to-face. "Please," he pleaded. "Just leave me alone..." Knowing that if he merely ran off they might follow him, Yuri turned to Ellie, hoping that she could obey just one command. Turning away from them, he ordered, "Ellie, hit them with an ice shard attack!" He heard Ellie strike, then immediately returned her to her pokeball before running away. Ice shard was a weak move that probably wouldn't hurt them much, especially coming from a ground type. He was worried about the Dratini on the Kenneth's neck, but it probably had some training whereas Ellie had none. In fact, he didn't even know if Ellie had actually hit them. Well, as long as they knew he was willing to attack them, it should be fine.

(OOC: Ellie hits some nearby trees, including the one he had previously been on. Yuri didn't actually specify a "them", did he?)

Once he was far enough away, Yuri hid within yet another bush and let Ellie back out again. After regaining his breath, he rubbed her head and said, "That guy doesn't know what he's talking about. I won't let that psycho alter get his filthy hands on you." He gave her a warm smile and was returned one in kind. Well, at least he was accomplishing some form of bonding. His smile soon faded, though. "I don't need friends like them when I have you..." Yuri hugged his knees while Ellie decided to go sniffing around. If only he had never shown up, I'd be living a normal, happy life...but without him I might still be getting attacked by bullies. He groaned as he buried his face in his knees. I don't know what to think anymore...

Years
Sakura Hinamori

Sakura frowned as Kong battled the Rattata. "I have a feeling that she won't listen to me... Vanessa?' The Vullaby glared at Sakura and squawked angrily and started to march away without a care in the world. Sakura looked at Trent and grabbed his arm. "Come with me. We can't let her just ignore me. There's not a Pokemon in the world that hasn't liked me yet~" She smiled, but her face fell when she thought of the Pokemon that had abandoned her on the way to Celadon City. "Only Pikachu stayed with me," Sakura whispered without thinking. She shook her head and sighed. "Just come with me." She kept pulling Trent behind her and looked at the ground.

Back