• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Chimchar/piplup/turtwig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
My copy of platinum stopped worked working last night and have to get a team ready for new years day.

So which starter would be the best to rush through the game ?

Chimchar
turtwig
piplup

Rapide

Self-esteemed Wumbologist.
Years
I would choose a Piplup because when it evolves into Empoleon, it won't be that weak to grass types anymore. (If you pick Piplup, your rival picks Turtwig). And Piplup has pretty good Special Attack, and Defense.

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
Years
I would choose Turtwig-it levels up quickly,and has type advantages over many of the gyms.
Torterra is based on Attack and Defence

Ninetales433

KHR Forever *-*
Years
Though I like Chimchar,I choose Turtwig because it helps for the first two gyms.It also learns Earthquake when it evolves to Torterra.

Phaux

Legend Hunter
Years
I normally go with Chimchar, but in Platinum I felt like getting Turtwig and using Houndoom as my fire team member...
Like Chimchar more though.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
I would go with chimchar because it evolves fast and has lots of strong moves that can easily let you speed through the game quickly. Besides since its a fire type it has an advantage against most gyms.

Years
It depends.

If you're more concerned about rushing through the game, definitely choose Turtwig,as he can handle many of the gyms. If you choose him you will have to be sure to get a Starly or Zubat for Eterna Gym though.

If the reason you need a team by New Years is for battling friends, I'd go with Chimchar, as Infernape's the strongest out of the three finals IMO.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
I'll say Chimchar. It'll get the job done, trust me. You'll never see monster-monkeys until you witness Infernape tearing through Cyrus's team.

Hana~

Now available in surround~
Years
If you want to speedrun the game (like you stated in your post), use Chimchar. It evolves quickly into Monferno and Infernape, has a good typing and has super-effective moves on the first, second, sixth and seventh gym, and has normally effective movs on the rest of them (excluding the fifth).

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 21, 2010
turtwig, fewer weaknesses, and when it evolves it has a cool tree on its back xD
Empoleon has 11 resistances and 1 immunity, which is something to boast about. Immune to sandstorm, stealth rock and toxic.

GO EMPOLEON! While it may be a little slow, it makes for a good wall.

Klofkac

He's back!
Years
Best party for beating gyms are (for me) tu rtwig and starly.
T - Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra | S - Starly/Staravia/Staraptor
Rock- T;Grass- S;Ghost- S(Normal);Fight- S;Water- T;Steel- T(Earthquake);Ice- S(Close Combat);Electric- T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back