• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I don't scream. :( It wouldn't even be seen by anyone anyway. The most that would be seen by people would be in Unapproved Challenges and it'd just say "that's just a monotype challenge. Use the thread we already have." lol I'm not a mean mod so I'm a bit taken aback that you think I'd yell at you but oh well. ~_~

Wasn't thinking of anyone specific, I am just shy is all.
:15:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Don't be shy. Our mods here are quite friendly! And if they're not, tell me and I'll beat them up. :) For future reference, I'm the only person on staff that deals with the Challenge forum. Occasionally an smod or admin locks a revived thread in here cause I'm not around, but that's the most anyone else deals with this place. Everything else in here is all me. :)

11wildy

Me!
Years
I likey the emblem :D. When's the next event coming? Christmas again? And why do you feel burnt out on Bw2? I liked the games because they were more difficult than the other Pokemon games. I like the be challenged. A lot. :D

Btw Syd, I like your sig ;o

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Probably not Christmas, because I've been so stressed over the last two events and I'm not looking forward to another one any time soon. Plus I'll be working two jobs in December, both of which will get hectic. ;( Next event will probably be February. I had one planned for this February, but I never got around to getting it all sorted out.

And I'm burnt out of B2W2 already cause I've played three times. :P About to be four cause I just signed up for my own challenge with Black 2.

And thanks! I like my sig too. :D

11wildy

Me!
Years
Ohgod, I'm just done with my first playthrough XD. And I never play the same game twice in a row, I'm afraid it will get boring D:. And Ferbruary is pretty long, isn't there anybody else who can do an event? :3 Or isn't that allowed or something like that?

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Any chance that someone else can host the Christmas event? cause I mean, there has to be one...

maybe a collaboration...?

EDIT: just saw that this thread has 3000 posts. yay!

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
Years
Omg I didn't even notice that I made the 3000th post! Congratz, thread!! :D

And yes, we do need a Christmas event, maybe if we could make up some ideas together? :D

How about, instead of receiving gifts, we give them away? :D So the player would have to give away (release) a Pokemon after every gym, so he can play Santa Clause! And he would need to have at least 1 Santa related Pokemon on the team that he/she can't give away as a present.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If someone else wants to host one, it'd be totally fine as long as I'm PMed about it and it's arranged at least like...maybe 4 days before posted? The only thing about that is that I don't want someone running it that I don't think could handle it...cause they do get to be stressful. But I'm totally open to suggestions and such for it, or if someone just wanted to rehash the one from last year, that's fine too. I just need to be notified and it has to be approved first. :)

I wouldn't like a challenge where I gradually release my team though. ;-; That's not Christmas-y! We have to raise baby Jesus Pokemon. Duh.

edit: Oh and if someone else does make an event and their thread is ugly and unattractive, I will totally go through and edit it and make it pretty because events need to look nice imo maybe i'm ocd BYE

Years
Baby jesus pokemon! Yes!

We also need a hannukah event. FIRE POKEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hm, perhaps one of the rules is that your pokemon have to be either red or green or ice types? Or maybe it could be a challenge set up like a pine tree where your pokemon and the rules relate in different ways?
...*
...^
..^^
.^^^
^^^^
...U

SO, in that format... P# = Pokemon R# = Rule
l or / or \ = Applies To/Pathway
... = placeholder

......P6
.......l
......R6
....../ \
....P4 P5
..../ \ / \
..R4 P3 R5
../ \ / \ / \
P1 R2 R3 P2
..\...\../.../
.......R1

You follow the paths from the bottom up to determine the rules for a specific pokemon. By following all the possible paths, those are the rules that pokemon gets. P1 and P2 would have R1. P3 would have R1, R2, and R3. P4 would have R1, R2, R3, and R4. P5 would have R1, R2, R3 and R5. And lastly, P6 would have R1,R2,R3,R4,R5 and R6.

Make sense? And the rules could be Christmas related too! Also, we could have a list of rules, say 10. By putting 1-10 into a random generator, you could figure out which rule is which. So perhaps you generate random number 10, so rule 10 in the list becomes your rules 1 in the pine tree. I'm sure if you weren't naughty, Santa will give you lots of goodies! but maybe, you'll get some coal! ;)

Does this make any sense? Or am I just crazy?!?!?!? This is probably too complicated though for the event. :(

EDIT: Sorry this is super messy. it was fine until i posted it, but then it decided the spaces I put didn't exist, so I had to put all the periods... :(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think you're crazy cause I didn't understand lol. @_@ Though I like the idea of Hanukkah in the challenge. My nickname is Jew, so of course I'm into that idea haha. :P

11wildy

Me!
Years
Neither did I to be honest, but it could potentially be good if it would be a bit easyer.

Baby Jezus hmm? How about a baby Pokemon which always have to be the highest leveled in the team? :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Baby Jesus Pokemon could follow rules from the Christian challenge. So no evolving, no vitamins, no Psychic/Dark/Ghost moves or typing...lmao.

For the record, for an event, I don't like things to be too complicated, especially after the get together fiasco. lol Or have too much relying on other players. That's the downfall in those is that some people sign up and forget to ever look at the challenge again. Sillies.

Years
Waaaaaaaa! Aw man!

It's simple guys! Just start at R1, and follow it up. It's interesting because different pokemon get different rules assigned!!! eh? EH? NO?! awwww. :'(

Menorah based challenge should happen right now! Or something to do with latkes. Baby Jesus Latke Menorah pine tree challenge event!!!

11wildy

Me!
Years
I do like Jezus being based on the Christian challenge idea. And maybe add in a few other simple rules, to make it a bit more challenging, or team restrictions, which makes me puzzle to form it into a monotype again. (As long as you make that possible I'll participate XD)

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
DON"T WORRY GOLURK I GOT WHAT YOU"RE SAYING AND I LIKE IT.

Lemme try with a pikshure.

Also we could totes do a Hannukah challenge similar perhaps?

http://imgur.com/RH19g
Here's my take on it. Only put in like 5 optional rules, but you can see how there are different ways to get to most of the Pokemon spots, depending on if you really don't like a rule (like if rule 2 was 'The Pokemon must be Grass Type, and you really don't want to use a Grass type or something, you can go the long way to it!) Of course, sometimes it would be impossible to do, like if Rule 1 was Ice Type, and rule 10 was Grass type, and you were playing before Snover. In that case they could like reroll or something?

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Maybe combine all the holidays at the end of December? Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Yule (winter solstice), maybe even New Year's. I think that would allow for some good variety if each team member represents a holiday.

Any other holiday suggestions?

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Ok, I put in my picture ^ up there. What do you guys think? We would have to think of a lot of rules (do we want to just make holiday related rules like I have, or should we just have a bunch of different rules from like all the challenges combined?) so that they could have a large pool of rules to choose from so that each challenge is unique. And that's supposed to be a Christmas tree, I would definitely fix the base lol.

Years
Woah you made it much more intense! :D

And yeah, i was thinking about that. Like if you were to get "green" and "ice-type." Near impossible except for abomasnow and castform, and those two are pushing it. SO the rules need to be general, and there need to be some exceptions, but I think it's pretty easy to figure out! :D

Some rules could be....
Spoiler:
And those are just now, off the top of my head. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back