• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Code: Move Resource Thread

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
is all this working for r/s/e too? I hope so...

Did you even read the first post???

No, they're not. As Chaos Rush said the animations for FireRed and R/S/E are quite similar except for the pointers. So if you know what the pointers are you can also make ones for R/S/E.

Also here's Head Smash with a background that changes with the user.

Head Smash:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
I wish there will be for r/s/e back....

While wishing you can do it yourself. The necessary pointers are in PGE so take note of those and do itman's tut just change the pointers that he mentioned and you should be good. :P

It's just that there are more FR hackers than Ruby and Emerald ones. :3

Here's an animation for Bug Bite,

Bug Bite:
Spoiler:

I haven't edited the rocks since the 5th gen Bug bite has brown rock thingies in it too. :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019
I wish there will be for r/s/e back....

Well maybe if you clean up your english a little bit then I will tell you about the post I made about battle animations on Ruby, and the one PinkParkaGirl posted about new moves in Ruby.

Btw here are some very simple animations.

Force Palm
Spoiler:

Rock Climb
Spoiler:

Toxic Spikes
Spoiler:

Flame Burst
Spoiler:

Also, a lame attempt at Flash Cannon
Spoiler:

My version of Drain Punch, since I don't like the current one with the heavy orange
Spoiler:

EDIT: Blue Flare(revision)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Well maybe if you clean up your english a little bit then I will tell you about the post I made about battle animations on Ruby, and the one PinkParkaGirl posted about new moves in Ruby.

Btw here are some very simple animations.

Force Palm
Spoiler:

Rock Climb
Spoiler:

Toxic Spikes
Spoiler:

Flame Burst
Spoiler:

Also, a lame attempt at Flash Cannon
Spoiler:

My version of Drain Punch, since I don't like the current one with the heavy orange
Spoiler:

EDIT: Blue Flare(revision)
Spoiler:

Ok, gonna test them all now and edit this post in case of any problems with your animations.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Next few animations I have!

Brave Bird

Spoiler:

Ice Shard

Spoiler:

Blue Flare

Spoiler:

Volt Switch

Spoiler:

Leaf Tornado

Spoiler:

Grass Knot EDIT: I've raised the particle. Use this not the one in the OP

Spoiler:

Drill Run

Spoiler:

Sacred Sword

Spoiler:

Quiver Dance

Spoiler:

Coil (This is constrict's animation, so there's no real need to insert it)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
Some Ruby ports for those of us who eschew Fire Red:

Post has gotten too large, so click spoiler to view!
Spoiler:

Please credit the original creators first and myself second if you use these - they did the real hard work; what I did was tedious but far simpler. The major difference between the strings are the pointers involved, but there's also a few minor byte differences here and there. This post will be edited as I port more moves. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019
Leaf Tornado

Spoiler:

Leaf Tornado is missing a 00 4F 27 in the very beginning. Other than that they're very nice. I guess you beat me to a working Blue Flare, but hey third time is a charm! :D

Blue Flare
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Haven't studied the whole thread so I don't know if one's been posted, but I can contribute a Shell Smash anim I created a couple of months ago.

Spoiler:

Note that I made this when I was fooling around with pointers and such, so it may have a few poor practices. (It's also probably not very good.) Use if you want. As far as I know it's bug-free.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
Leaf Tornado is missing a 00 4F 27 in the very beginning. Other than that they're very nice. I guess you beat me to a working Blue Flare, but hey third time is a charm! :D

Thanks for pointing that out! Fixed now. I put BO instead of 4F from testing. Also your earlier Power Gem code didn't work. It froze about half way I'm guessing. Could you just have a look at that? Because it started off pretty well ahahah.

Haven't studied the whole thread so I don't know if one's been posted, but I can contribute a Shell Smash anim I created a couple of months ago.

I actually really like it. Personally I would have used the rocks breaking from rock smash as opposed to the explosions but it still looks fine. Very dramatic.

Dragon Pulse

Spoiler:

I wanted to have more animations done, but looking at some of the moves that are left, it would appear that many of them may need custom backgrounds (A fiery one springs to mind) so they'll be awhile. Especially because i'm terrible at inserting them, so far I've only managed to get one out of four i've tried inserting in correctly. So /shrug.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2022
Is someone going to ultimately compile all of these into a rombase of sorts, so that we lower-level/recreational hackers can also enjoy the new moves (and so more experienced hackers don't need to worry about inserting and repointing each time they start a hack).

This is all very impressive work - keep it up!

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019
Thanks for pointing that out! Fixed now. I put BO instead of 4F from testing. Also your earlier Power Gem code didn't work. It froze about half way I'm guessing. Could you just have a look at that? Because it started off pretty well ahahah.

Dragon Pulse

Spoiler:

I wanted to have more animations done, but looking at some of the moves that are left, it would appear that many of them may need custom backgrounds (A fiery one springs to mind) so they'll be awhile. Especially because i'm terrible at inserting them, so far I've only managed to get one out of four i've tried inserting in correctly. So /shrug.

Try the Power Gem on my original post again. I just copied it wrong. Nice Dragon Pulse, but I feel it might look better with palette 00 20 28, but that's just my opinion. Oh yeah! I found my old tilesets, but they looks pretty ugly so I'm going to redo them probably :P

MrDollSteak

Years
Is someone going to ultimately compile all of these into a rombase of sorts, so that we lower-level/recreational hackers can also enjoy the new moves (and so more experienced hackers don't need to worry about inserting and repointing each time they start a hack).

This is all very impressive work - keep it up!

That's certainly a possibility, but to be honest it's not the greatest priority at the moment. Because most of these moves are really quite easy to insert. The tutorials themselves are brilliant, so it would seem like a waste to put them all into a patch. Additionally the problem with making it a patch is that the offsets may overwrite the work of a hacker depending on where they put their routines or scripts.

Try the Power Gem on my original post again. I just copied it wrong. Nice Dragon Pulse, but I feel it might look better with palette 00 20 28, but that's just my opinion. Oh yeah! I found my old tilesets, but they looks pretty ugly so I'm going to redo them probably

Will do! 'm up for changing it because I thought it was a tad dark myself as well, it does fit the purple though. I'll try 20 28 and tell you what I think. Hrm that's a pity I'm sure they were alright. I found a list on Serebii somewhere with all the Gen 4 backgrounds. Give it a google :)

EDIT: Power Gem looks great. 20 28 not so much. A6 stays. Dragon Pulse is supposed to be a lightish purple, but since I couldn't find one I guess it should stay dark.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019
Will do! 'm up for changing it because I thought it was a tad dark myself as well, it does fit the purple though. I'll try 20 28 and tell you what I think. Hrm that's a pity I'm sure they were alright. I found a list on Serebii somewhere with all the Gen 4 backgrounds. Give it a google :)

EDIT: Power Gem looks great. 20 28 not so much. A6 stays. Dragon Pulse is supposed to be a lightish purple, but since I couldn't find one I guess it should stay dark.

I found those a long time ago :) Personally I think it's too much work to resize them since most of them won't be used.

Thanks. Yeah I was about unsure about 20 28 myself, but I was just looking at the BW animation to yeah it's all good. I also come bearing a gift. A fire background that can scroll in any direction you want :D

MrDollSteak

Years
I found those a long time ago :) Personally I think it's too much work to resize them since most of them won't be used.

Thanks. Yeah I was about unsure about 20 28 myself, but I was just looking at the BW animation to yeah it's all good. I also come bearing a gift. A fire background that can scroll in any direction you want :D

Ooo that's brilliant thanks! It'll come in really handy.

I think it'll go really well with Inferno, Magma Storm etc.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2017
I can't seem to make the Growth script work on BSP. Whenever I try to compile it, it gives me the following message "Parameter 2 on line 4 is too long. Maximum value is 0xFFFFFFFF or 4294967295."

Edit: It works, but replace 0x@notsunny with @notsunny and 0x@sunny with @sunny.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
I can't seem to make the Growth script work on BSP. Whenever I try to compile it, it gives me the following message "Parameter 2 on line 4 is too long. Maximum value is 0xFFFFFFFF or 4294967295."

Edit: It works, but replace 0x@notsunny with @notsunny and 0x@sunny with @sunny.

Yeah the 0x isn't supposed to be there. Only do that if you have actually offsets you want to use. I think its just from conversion that it looks like that.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Sorry guys, If I haven't updated the thread for a while I was busy with other things (aka watching SNK). LOL

Just finished updating the main post! Now make more of those awesome effect and animations. :3

Also here's a better Ominous Wind animation. :3

Ominous Wind - Shadowraze (I just basically took Heat Wave's Animation and then added the backgroundd color and made it purple the one just like in Giga Drain. :3
Spoiler:

Also, lately I've been making a documentation of the pallete used in the particles here's the current list that I have. :3

Palletes
Spoiler:

Back