• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2016
HI guys and girls!

This is an awsome thread! Its nice to see every1 putting their creative minds together.
Would it be ok if i had a crack at a contribution?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hi there Hex!

I agree! It's been a long while since there was a successful Pokedex project on PC, and it's nice that our community of artists have put in so much incredible work and effort. We appreciate your comments, :) And we'd love it if you could contribute too! Anyone and everyone is welcome to join in, so please show us what fakemon you've got!

Welcome to PC, btw. :) I hope you're having lots of fun.

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2016
Awsome thanks! Ive already got a good 1 on file that I did a couple of months back.

Ill see what I can come up with 4 new 1s :)

Let me know what you guys think of my drawing.

Thanks guys :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2016
i quickly did these this morning. Let me know what you guys think?

Updated with hand coloured.

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
:O
OH MY GOSH, HEX
I LOVE THEM!
I'm guessing they're Electric/Ghost?

I knew your name sounded familiar!
You were in that contest WAY back earlier this year :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2016
Yeah I did enter that actually lol that was what I did the cerbrement character for lol

And yes they are ghost and electric type. I was toying with the idea of ghost and light type but it seemed like an odd mix

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Ok, I fonally got around to coloring the penguin mages:

Umm, I guess I'll start splitting up the panda and cloud guys into separate entities :P

And regarding types, I think that this "fairy" type that was speculated is going to be "light" type for america. So in a sense, "fairy" and "light" are the same thing, the same logic that "dark" type for us is actually "devil/onii" type for japan.
And it would be awsome if sound and cyber are something we could use to design around, but in a way, both of them are too specific for requirements that other types can be used for.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
I have some a cyber type and not really that specific technology is your limit when it comes to cyber!!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
oh yeah, I guess if you make "cyber" more into a technology-like type, then it would work.
I thought at first you meant cyber as in "data", because then it would kinda be too specific :P
I'm guessing this Cyber type is gonna be your cyber dragon then?

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
oh yeah, I guess if you make "cyber" more into a technology-like type, then it would work.
I thought at first you meant cyber as in "data", because then it would kinda be too specific :P
I'm guessing this Cyber type is gonna be your cyber dragon then?

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
I think we should wait for more news on X and Y before we decide to make a new type... Cyber seems like it would be pretty close to electric to me, anyways.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
well, if you think about it, Umbreon was one of two new types introduced in it's generation, this being Steel and Dark. Espeon represented the sun, and Umbreon the moon.
Sylveon, if correct, would be this new type, while the other "counterpart" would be an existing type. If Sylveon looks as if it represents life(Fairy/Light), then its counterpart would/might represent death(Ghost) or artificial life(Cyber). But these are just my simpleton thoughts about implementing a new type.

Although your right that Cyber is kinda familiar, because it can either be Electric if your going with "data", and Steel if your going with "machines".

So, I guess we "should" avoid using types not confirmed yet, but you can still change the type when it "is" confirmed.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with Fort. I'm all for experimenting with the Fairy type, as it's existence seems pretty likely at this point... but until we have more information, I think we should hold off on adding new types. I'm not dismissing them completely, because it's still an awesome idea, but let's not rush into it right this second, okay? That shouldn't stop anyone from drawing these "new types" though. Just rebrand them for the time being. Jet, if you want your Cyber type, draw it. We'll call it Steel / Normal / Electric until we come to a reasonable conclusion.

Oh Hex... I smell a seasoned artist. :o I love them. I think Golurk made a Ghost/Electric type already, but I see no reason why we can't have both, tbh. Keep 'em coming please! :D

Those penguins looks amazing. <3 You are so strong with color Sunny. And yeah, if you could break up the Panda / Clouds that would be great. Right now they don't really seem like individual fakemons. Still an awesome piece though. n_n

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
My tablet loves me again <3 So, I'm back to working on the Hades legendary. I'm changing a few things about it, besides making the addition of more flames.

-Oops

um no
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
dXTgwQ9.png

So basically I tried shading this in sort of a Pokemon style which completely failed but here you go I guess. It's a sea-plant pokemon or something idk.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I think the shading is rather successful, honestly. At least, there's no obvious flaws or anything I can pinpoint. I actually quite like how it adds a lot of texture to the fakemon, as opposed to being flat and boring. Just keep working on it and develop your style a little more. :) We're not shooting for Pokemon/Sugimori authentic fakemons anyway, so the more "you" they are, the better.

Awesome Fort. I'm so glad to hear that you and your tablet are doing well. :3 Keep up with that legendary of yours. Once you've settled on a final design, I'll sprite it; sound good?

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Here, finished the Hades legendary... It could probably use some other markings, but I didn't know what to put on it, so if you wanna add anything to it when you sprite it, go ahead.
j8paau.png

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Ok guys I'm back! sorry for the delay but heres Frox's evolution

345yfrc.gif

Name: Blizalgo
Type: Ice
Classification: Blizzard Fox Pokemon

Evolves from Frox using a Hail Stone

Special Abilities
Snow Cloak: Raises evasion in a hailstorm.
Snow Warning: The Pokémon summons a hailstorm in battle.

Ill catch up to all you guys design and see what's new

Back