• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Poccil, it's really cool that you can now hav 160 x 160 (80 x 80) images, but do you think you'd be able to have them already at the normal size by the next release?

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
I didn't really get an answer.
The reason for my question is, "Where EXACTLY do I find it?" and you tell me, "It comes with it."...
Well, WHERE do I find it? There are no ZIP files in the kit.

Edit: Sorry! I accidentally deleted it. Don't answer this, then. :D
But I still need help, how do I 'insert' a font? I really don't get it -_-

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 16, 2008
@Wichu:
I learned the basics though but still can´t do many things with it.

@Esmas: Go to your windows folder and look for the font folder copy the extracted files and paste them into the "font" folder.

Hope this helps

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
Years
@sinisterbutt: Yes, Umbreon & Espeons evolutions are sorted. Umbreon evolves if happy between 8pm and 6am, then between 6am and 8pm you'll get an Espeon.

On a separate note, I can't figure out some of the values for the moves.txt.

Number,internal name,game name,special damage(for moves with special damage calculations in PokeBattle_MoveEffects),power,Type,Phys/Spec,accuracy,PP,?,?,?,?,contestattr,description,

I'm guessing one of them defines whether the move is a direct attack, but I really can't figure it out.

Any clues anyone?

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
Years
No, that determines whether it uses Physical or Normal Attack/Defense. Whether it is classed as a direct attack is a different thing. In the Third Generation, Tackle is a Physical Attack and a Direct Attack, but Swift is a Physical Attack and NOT a Direct Attack.

Though I think poccil is using the Fourth Generation style now which, while not affecting the Direct Attack value, makes Swift a Special Attack.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
No, that determines whether it uses Physical or Normal Attack/Defense. Whether it is classed as a direct attack is a different thing. In the Third Generation, Tackle is a Physical Attack and a Direct Attack, but Swift is a Physical Attack and NOT a Direct Attack.

Though I think poccil is using the Fourth Generation style now which, while not affecting the Direct Attack value, makes Swift a Special Attack.

Ah, well there you go :) .

Anyway, poccil, I think that in the next few released you might want to start converting some of the graphics to FR/LG style (as opposed to the hybrid between, Emerald and FR/LG they are now). I've already begun working on changing the battle screen to look like FR/LG but the other things (summary screens) are gonna be very hard to change.

Also, would it be feasible to add an 'Area' feature to the Pokedex? Would it be much more complicated then just searching encounters.txt for whenever said Pokemon appears?

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
Years
Alright, thanks Backmaster. Another question concerning fonts... how do I ADD a font? Is it possible?

I'm pretty sure that RPG Maker XP could use any windows font, provided that said font is in the fonts folder. You may have to change some script that references the Pokemon related fonts.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Thanks, but maybe a step-by-step "list" would do? Just saying, because I'm sure that I know how to put the font in the fonts folder, but I don't exactly know how to make it be implemented in the game (like, actually adding it to the "Options" in the gameplay menu).

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
poccil, would it be possible for you to make the 160 x 160 images appear HIGHER on the screen in the next version? Because when I add the 160 x 160 ones, part of the pokemon is hidden under the health bar because it's down too far. I'd really appreciate if you could do this.

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
Years
OK, I get this error message every time I lose a battle, and get back to the Pokemon Center:

Code:
Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Script error within map 32 (Everwind Pokemon Center):
Section081:1256:in `pbTrainerEnd'undefined method `erase_route' for nil:NilClass
Section018:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Section018:1614:in `eval'
Section018:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Section018:1614:in `command_355'
Section018:466:in `execute_command'
Section018:190:in `update'
Section018:104:in `loop'
Section018:195:in `update'
Section020:98:in `update'

Section018:253:in `pbExecuteScript'
Section018:1614:in `command_355'
Section018:466:in `execute_command'
Section018:190:in `update'
Section018:104:in `loop'
Section018:195:in `update'
Section020:98:in `update'
Section020:96:in `loop'
Section020:109:in `update'
Section020:65:in `main'

I have my Home and Healing Spots set correctly in my metadata.txt. What could I be doing wrong?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
I was recently aware of that problem on my tests. It could be fixed by editing the script section PokemonField (near line 1333):

Code:
 def pbTrainerEnd
   pbGlobalUnlock
   e=get_character(0)
   e.erase_route if e
 end

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
I put a new version of the starter kit on my game and now is appearing almost all the time the sentence.
Hangup
The script is talking too long.

What I possoa do to stop this happening?

To be more exact.
The problem is this.
Exception: Hangup
Message: The script is taking too long. The game will restart.
Compiler:2308:in `load'
Compiler:2308:in `load_data'
Compiler:2308:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'
Compiler:2306:in `each'
Compiler:2306:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'
Compiler:2559:in `pbCompileAllData'
Compiler:2598

What do I do to stop this happening?

Last edited:

NeoStar

Future Scripter Extraordinaire
Years
Ok guys I need help. What im trying to do is do the first rival event from pokemon crystal where your rival steals a pokemon from professor elm and you run into him. The problem im having is after you duel him he says hes going to be the best pokemon trainer like normal then after that he moves and then the whole event starts all over again. Ive tried turning off the switch that turns the event on but that just stops the movement completely. Also called the end battle script on all parts... didnt make a difference. Anyway... heres the event im talking about....

Code:
Script:Kernel.pbNoticePlayer(get_character(0))
Wait: 15 Frames
Set Movement Route: Player, Turn right,
Set Movement Route: Rival, Move Left, Move Left, Move Left, Move Left, Move Left, Move Left
Wait For Moves Completion
Text: ..... ..... .....
Text: You got a pokemon at the lab.
Text: What a waste a wimp like you.
Text: Don't you get what i'm saying?
Text: Well, I too, have a good pokemon.
Text: I'll show you what I mean!
Comment: Rival Choice 1 switch = Totodile
Conditional Branch: Switch [042: Rival Choice 1] == ON
Conditional Branch: Script: pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::RIVAL,"?????",_I("Humph. Are you happy you won?"),false,1)
Control Self Switch A = ON
Branch End
Branch End

Comment: Rival Choice 2 switch = Chikorita
Conditional Branch: Switch [043: Rival Choice 2] == ON
Conditional Branch: Script: pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::RIVAL,"?????",_I("Humph. Are you happy you won?"),false,2)
Branch End
Branch End

Comment: Rival Choice 3 switch = Cyndaquil
Conditional Branch Switch [044: Rival Choice 3] == ON
Conditional Branch: Script: pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::RIVAL,"?????",_I("Humph. Are you happy you won?"),false,3)
Branch End
Branch End

Script: pbTrainerEnd
Text: ..... ..... .....
My names ?????.
Text: I'm going to be the worlds greatest pokemon trainer.
Set Movement Route: Player, Move Down, Turn Up, Turn Left
Comment: Switch 0040 is what turns this event on, Switch 0045 is for a different event. 
Set Movement Route: Rival, Move Up, Move Left, Move Left, Move Left, Move Up, Move Left, Move Left, Move Left, Move Left, Move Left, Move Left, Switch 0040 OFF, Switch 0045 ON
Wait: 60 Frames

and heres the changes to trainernames and trainer.txt if you need them

Code:
83,RIVAL,?????,30,,,,Male
Code:
#-------------------
RIVAL
?????,1
TOTODILE,5
#-------------------
RIVAL
?????,2
CHIKORITA,5
#-------------------
RIVAL
?????,3
CYNDAQUIL,5
Normally id try to fix this myself but ive been trying for the past 5 hours and cant find what I did wrong. Also i was wondering how it would be possible to make a rival screen to insert your rival's name like you can with your own name. Cant find that anywhere in notes.html so i was wondering if that was implemented or not....

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
If you're using Autorun or Parallel Process, you need to put Erase Event at the end, to avoid it looping. Hope that helps!

NeoStar

Years
Oh, sorry I forgot to say that I have it on event touch. Also tried it on player touch too and it doesnt make a difference. Tried erase event anyway and it didnt work T_T. Continuing as we speak messing with the event ill let you know if i get it working.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Try setting a self switch on, then having a blank event page with the switch as its condition. If that fails, try putting the trainer battles on separate pages, and have them activated by other self switches.

NeoStar

Years
starting to hate this event...... first suggestion didnt work. Second suggestion works perfectly for one of the events (the 3rd page cyndaquil one) so I was thinking... yay finally got this event to work. But when i try it on the first and 2nd page the battle doesn't start. It goes through the welcome text skips the battle conditional branch then goes to the last part which... works fine..... I've tried just copying and pasting the cyndaquil event and switching the branch to the right switch and the battle still doesnt load. Im totally stumped on this one.

*edit* oh and they are all on event touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back