• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Nice hack! I like where this is going, and the story seems interesting.

I wish you'd take some time to at least alter some of the trainer dialogue... Its somewhat disconcerting to be told by a Lass that route 4 is at the base of Mt. Moon. :P

One question: Did you alter when Mareep evolves? Mine didn't evolve until level 18. Wondered if it was a glitch, or intentional. If its intentional, does Ampharos evolve at a different level too?

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years

I wish you'd take some time to at least alter some of the trainer dialogue... Its somewhat disconcerting to be told by a Lass that route 4 is at the base of Mt. Moon. :P

One question: Did you alter when Mareep evolves? Mine didn't evolve until level 18. Wondered if it was a glitch, or intentional. If its intentional, does Ampharos evolve at a different level too?

Um.. mareep basicly evolve at level 18. I'm not really sure about Ampharos

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Um.. mareep basicly evolve at level 18. I'm not really sure about Ampharos

ht tp://serebii.n et/ pokedex-rs/179.shtml

Serebii says they evolve at 15, and I also have memories of having mine evolve at level 15 before.

Not that I'm complaining if its been changed, I'm just trying to figure out if it was a glitch, or intentional.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Great hack!

But i think you should update the tileset though...

FRLG styled looks a bit... old :P
I actually like the FRLG look, I have made some changes in the way of palletes. For example the trees are brighter and there is a greater contrast in the flowers.

Yeah it has been changed. This is because Trapinch and Spheal evolve way later on so I had to compromise and make them all evolve at 18. They evolve again at 36. Their movesets are different too but I will have to change that because I was a little biased to the Trapinch line. Also I'm going to change everyones text just before releasing Milestone 1 as it says in Status.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone noticed but I've added a lot more screens in the first post. They go all the way to Temshore City.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
So I've been finalizing the beta, there are really no bugs (that I know of) in the game now, except for the nickname thing. Mostly I've been touching up things here and there. Anyway heres a small preview of what is to come:

Latim City Gym: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR5LStABcio
29ff3ub.png

I realize that I haven't shown any of the scripts I've done so I'll try to show some more of those.

Shadow Arcanine

Spriter and OWmaker
Years
oh, great video, i really like it, exspecially the sprite of the gymleader and the script with surfing, it's much more interesting that misty's gym for example! ^_^

and great, would it mean that the beta will come out soon? to which point does it go? second gym?

keep it up, you've got a great hack there ^^

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
oh, great video, i really like it, exspecially the sprite of the gymleader and the script with surfing, it's much more interesting that misty's gym for example! ^_^

and great, would it mean that the beta will come out soon? to which point does it go? second gym?

keep it up, you've got a great hack there ^^

Right now I'm just doing all the scripts in the hack, I'm up to Latim City and I've done all the OW's outside and 3 houses, I still need to do 5 more houses and all the scripts in the National Library... after that just a few more scripts til Temshore City which is the end of the beta. Yes there will only be 2 gyms but Temshore and Verasa won't have Gyms, so thats 4 towns in the beta. It will however be quite long I think because of the difficulty level.

On a side note, I just realised that the sprites head seems too big for its body and the OW looks like Kakashi from Naruto. I'd like to get some feedback if possible about it, also it is a water-type gym (obviously) but the sprite suggests it is steel type doesn't it?

I can haz haxburgrz?

<--- Making Shimmering Pearl
Years
hey dyusudydndhdjhdnjd (whatever the heck ur name is i didnt read closely enough) nice hack keep up the good work
off topic: nice sig i cant wait for ninja gaiden 2 either!!!!

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
hey dyusudydndhdjhdnjd (whatever the heck ur name is i didnt read closely enough) nice hack keep up the good work
off topic: nice sig i cant wait for ninja gaiden 2 either!!!!

I know, its gonna be so awesome. I'm gonna buy an XBOX 360 just so I can play it.

Well beta 1 is almost here, if you look in the Status part of my first post, I have only a few more things to do. I have about 3 scripts to do in Latim City, a whole bunch in the National Library but most is just text and trainerbattles so it won't take too long. The D/P Pokemon are in the beta but you can't get any. You will however see 1 D/P Pokemon, but that will be in a battle. The Trainer Card sprites are already done as you can see in the first post, I've also got some of the OW sprites done, I only need to do the girl and the boy's running sprites. This all means that if I have the motivation, and if nothing major happens, and the testing is done in time, you can expect a beta by this week. One last thing, here is a few screenies of Miriam's Berry Shop, I don't know why, but I felt like putting one in, so here it is:

14xhrp1.png
2rf8x6r.png

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Beta 1 is available for download now in the first post. It is completely different from the preBeta in fact every map and script has either been completely remade or edited. So go check it out! I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

I've also made two new videos, one where you get your first Pokémon and one which has the first event that develops the plot. Both are about 2 minutes long. The links are below.

First Pokémon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQPYohkqKc4

Seeing Dad in Latim City:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaubybODCuU

Last edited:

wildarms001

Random Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
wow nice updates there dude and also have a beta :D how many pokes d/p in the beta? tnx :D gudluck hope you can finish this great hack :D

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
wow nice updates there dude and also have a beta :D how many pokes d/p in the beta? tnx :D gudluck hope you can finish this great hack :D

You can't get any D/P Pokemon but you will see one in a battle. Also, both videos are available now.

EDIT: Haha, just realised I didn't really say anything about the beta. It's pretty long, its got 7 routes, 2 mountains/caves, 4 city's and probably over 50 houses. There are also a bunch of side quests some you won't be able to complete fully. There are two gyms but there are a ton of trainers, if you battle every trainer, I'm fairly certain you can get 3 Pokemon to lvl40 so yeah there are a lot of trainers. Also the trainers are harder and have a more diverse range of Pokemon compared to FR/LG/R/S/E etc. Pleas report any bugs/glitches you find even if its small like 1 tile you can move on or text going out of the box. Also I'm sorry to say the OWs are not in the beta, the OWs I've made so far don't look very good and I'm not the best spriter so I want to take my time with them.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
lovely hack, though here are some errors of what I found so far...

hold onto your hat, 'cause this ain't pretty...

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
well, maybe it's just my rom, but when the man in the second town took me in a building the game restarts .__. and i wanted so much to see what's in this building T_T"

but the first town and route is great xD
Yeah sorry, it was a really stupid mistake not even a script just a behaviour problem.

lovely hack, though here are some errors of what I found so far...

hold onto your hat, 'cause this ain't pretty...
First 3 has been fixed the last one I can't fix at the moment.

I re-uploaded the beta and hopefully this one will work.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
k, thanks.
I'll report anything that are glitchy.
also, have you fixed the movement permissions in the first town..?

~edit~
I guess you haven't yt, and there's still a Palkia in the first route... :\

Last edited:
Back