• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina!

Letty

Pacifist
Years
sure this is a rom hack?
is too perfect,a good work...
not yet played, but I'm downloading! *--*

Kisses ;*

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2017
I found two bugs in this new alpha 2.1.5 release :-

1. When my PRINPLUP evolves it names changed to SWAMPERT instead of EMPOLEON.
2. There's no way to Itacis City, I just walked out the water way in Route 602 and it leads me to Itacis City.

Please keep this in your mind and fix this in the next alpha or u may also fix in this version, your wish !

BTW I really loved this game, this is the best hack ever, soo many features. :)

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Pokémon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina - HOTFIX 2.6.7
fmt8bt.png

Since this ain't a official release, this hotfix will replace the original patch for alpha 2.1.5! This patch will support some extra features, including a path restore.

Hot fixes!
icon-features.png

w0iz5y.png

Click here!
Explain: Simply click the big blue download button at the original alpha 2.1.5 post!
Release: april 23 '12
Created for: VBA 1.8.0 beta 3

© 2009 - 2012 Mitchel1 all rights reserved!
Original Pokémon characters and images belong to Pokémon USA, Inc. and Nintendo. This game has not been given by Nintendo, Creatures,
GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company, Pokémon USA, Inc., The Pokémon Company International, or Wizards of the Coast.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
Thanks for the fix mitchel :)
I dont mind about the trading pokemon, I just caught an Aron instead :D
Im having trouble finding the meteor detector though, and I liked that you didnt penalize people for being GOOD regarding taking the Grimer, and that the GOOD side got a pokemon too :)

I hope you keep it balanced, and you need to boost the power of 'sound' moves, I dont think Pichu is getting the bonus for Uproar properly and Pichus stats are a bit crappy tbh (seeing that it cant evolve)

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Wow, That was hard! (maybe because I only use Flying Pokemon)
Anyways love the game and love that pidgey is in the game! Thanks, You're one of the best.

MarthGan

Hehe you're might be right there, Marth, hehe!
Anyhow thanks for your support and of course, your welcome!

Maybe it's just me but I really don't like this idea. It completely eliminates the point of levelling if every trainer's level is automatically raised to say, 5 levels above you for example. Other than new moves, there would be no difference if you were level 5 or level 95 on the same route, because trainers would always be slightly stronger than you. It will also make the game extremely hard if you ever get stuck. For that reason I think I'll skip this game for now, may I suggest you release another version of it without it?

Hi, Chrunch, about the automatic level increase, It doesn't sound that horrible. The main idea about is that I don't have to pay attention to the pokemon level on each route! This routline automaticly counts that for me.
Even, to more specific, the trainer's pokemon will be decreased with 2. Only the gym leader has +5 and the team rocket members are always equal. I would like to say that you should first try this new feature, before your judgement, that would be nice ;)
(a copy of this text has been placed on your profile)

sure this is a rom hack?
is too perfect,a good work...
not yet played, but I'm downloading! *--*

Kisses ;*

Thanks Letty, Its a rom-hack, otherwise I guess this shouldn't be patched on a Fire red rom, hehe! ;) Anyhow, have fun during your adventure 'cross the trion region. ~kis

I found two bugs in this new alpha 2.1.5 release :-

1. When my PRINPLUP evolves it names changed to SWAMPERT instead of EMPOLEON.
2. There's no way to Itacis City, I just walked out the water way in Route 602 and it leads me to Itacis City.

Please keep this in your mind and fix this in the next alpha or u may also fix in this version, your wish !

BTW I really loved this game, this is the best hack ever, soo many features. :)

thanks for reporting shivshubh12, they have been fixed, you should download the most recent released HOTFIX 2.6.7! But, just wondering, how in the name did you already reached lvl.36 that quick? :D
Thanks you for your support, I hope you'll enjoy this hack further! There are still a few hidden events based on your starter ;)

Thanks for the fix mitchel :)
I dont mind about the trading pokemon, I just caught an Aron instead :D
Im having trouble finding the meteor detector though, and I liked that you didnt penalize people for being GOOD regarding taking the Grimer, and that the GOOD side got a pokemon too :)

I hope you keep it balanced, and you need to boost the power of 'sound' moves, I dont think Pichu is getting the bonus for Uproar properly and Pichus stats are a bit crappy tbh (seeing that it cant evolve)

Your welcome blackmage, about the meteor detector. It's located at the mountain hill at route 601. In the middle of the side-walk stairs.
Also if you're able to find it you might be the first who'll apost that on the guide topic! :D

About pichu, I guess I'll boost its stats in the following "real" alpha release, alpha 3.2.5.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
Thanks alot ^^ I'll look for the detector now, I had to start again because when you hotfix you cant load your saves ...so you have to start again xD

Pichu does have the hardest time, as the cave is full of geodude which is a ground type, and the magnemite trainer is hard, you can train an Aron to learn Mud-Slap though :)

Years
  • Seen yesterday
So the fixed version was out?!Sigh...I was late...I'll download it right now!And I heard that there will be a newer Alpha 3.2.5 verion...Excallent!I'll keep my sight on this hack!

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Thanks alot ^^ I'll look for the detector now, I had to start again because when you hotfix you cant load your saves ...so you have to start again xD

Pichu does have the hardest time, as the cave is full of geodude which is a ground type, and the magnemite trainer is hard, you can train an Aron to learn Mud-Slap though :)

Your welcome, good luck on finding that bloody device, hehe! I'm sorry about your save states might its an idea to use the quick save tactic (shift+F1) when a hotfix has been released?

I knew that, pichu is, how I can say it... A weaker version against the other starters. On the other hand also pichu has its own legendary mission!
Glad to hear you were able to find a solution to go through that cave.

So the fixed version was out?!Sigh...I was late...I'll download it right now!And I heard that there will be a newer Alpha 3.2.5 verion...Excallent!I'll keep my sight on this hack!

Yeah its out 1158 ;) About alpha 3.2.5, this one will be the future alpha version, so not a HOTFIX ;) This might will take a while (like usually) A good hack sadly takes a lot of time. Rome wasn't built in one day either.
But that won't take away the new updates that are comming!
(I'm already glad that alpha 2.1.5 now is stable)

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah its out 1158 ;) About alpha 3.2.5, this one will be the future alpha version, so not a HOTFIX ;) This might will take a while (like usually) A good hack sadly takes a lot of time. Rome wasn't built in one day either.
But that won't take away the new updates that are comming!
(I'm already glad that alpha 2.1.5 now is stable)
I know that...You must misunderstand me...In fact,I'm also a hacker and going to release my hack only when it's almost finished...So I know hacking is a work which will take the hackers so much time...Maybe I should have added "in the future" in my last post...But I have to admit that I really want to see the next Alpha 3.2.5's out!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
I dont believe the quick save works Mitchel, because the rom is locked and can only load saves from 'Pokemon DARKMYTH' as it says, but if thats to protect your tiles and everything, thats perfectly fine and acceptable, theres no harm in starting again, if anything we can find more bugs this way :D

Oh and Pichu gets a legendary mission, exciting !

WARNING MITCHEL

The fisherman quest, he accepts ANY pokemon and will take them off you, not just magikarp, so be careful everyone ^^ !

Last edited:

xxScarletDragonxx

Food Lover
Years
patcher: tsukuyomi
1. first open up the patcher and click apply patch to new file
2. under patch ups file.. put the ups file there the one you downloaded
3. under source put the rom itself
4.under target to write...rename the game to what ever..BUT YOU MUST ADD THE (.GBA)
The just hit apply patch wait a few secs then you are done
put your patched rom into your rom folder and start playing.
(Original explain from qaz, I was to lazy to write it myself xD)

Great to hear you liked this hack! Could you be so kind to tell me this "glitch" I wouldn't mind if it's here or trough PM. So I can fix this with the upcomming hotfix. Thanks Dylan!
Oh, and welcome to this forum, I hope you'll have a great time here!
Thank you so much! I finally know how to do it now. :D

TD013

8 badges in Kanto, I have 10
Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2022
The hack's coming along nicely. Like that your proactive and quick on the updates. Keep up the great work.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Congrats on your new alpha release mitchell.
Incredible work, i hope to one day be in your league.
Once again great work and id love for you to check out my hack, feedback from someone as talented as you would be much appreciated.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 1, 2016
Probably my favorite ROM hack. My friend always asks for my phone during classes so he can play this game.

I can't wait until the next update, as always.

HyperKiller

What if..?
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 26, 2023
I love this hack so far.. the Ukuele Pichu was my best and cutest pokemon, i bet you can imagine my reaction. made it my avatar too! :P anyway, is it one of your '4 never before showed fakemon'?

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2012
An amazing hack!Good work!
But I have two questions about it:

1.I have an ips patch which can DPlize the moves of FireRed game. Will it work on this hack or will there be any bugs?
(DPlize means whether a move belongs to physical attack or spetial attack depends on the move itself, not the type of move)

2.Why the start pokemons do not contain torchic,mudkip and treeko?

HyperKiller

What if..?
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 26, 2023
Gah, im stuck! when i go in the Unown room im stuck on the puzzle and cant get out! can someone send some picture of how to complete it? i dont wanna start over :(!

EDIT 1: finished the puzzle, AND my pokeballs, is there no way to return there? i want to find the other Unowns!

Last edited:

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
My favorite hack in activity, like a lot of new aspects that you always seek, and put in the game, the graphics are incredible, and excellent playability,
Congratulations on the alpha

Back