• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trade between pokemon emerald and leaf green

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2008
Hello,

I want to trade between a completed emerald game and and a new leaf green game. Both on vba link. The link works when I try to trade between the same version but I can't trade between because I haven't completed leaf green.

I was wondering if there is a code or cheat that would allow me to trade with emerald in the very beginning of leaf green instead of having to complete the game first. I tried the national dex cheat and prof oak acknowledges that I have it, but I still can't trade. any ideas?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
You could very easily create a script to activate the national dex...

You just need to include special 0x16F in the script.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
Just get the Visual Boy Advance Link, or whatever it was called. It was an unofficial version that could link between two open windows.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2008
I have vba link and the link works, so that isn't a problem.

I also have a gameshark cheat that seems to have activated the national dex, (you can access it in the menu and prof oak rates it when you talk to him) but it still says that I can't trade with people in far away regions.

I don't really know anything about scripts, but I am sure I could learn, but I am not really sure if it would solve the problem since the gameshark code already seems to have activated the nat dex and it still didn't work. I would hate to waste a whole bunch of time learning that and then have it not even solve the problem.

I also tried activating all the badges as well as nat dex but that didn't do it either.

EDIIT:

Hey, I was just looking at bulbapedia and it says I need to complete celio's machine in order to trade with other versions. Does anyone know if there is a cheat for that? preferably a gameshark code?

Last edited:

[Rock Lee]

Kusanagi Swordsman~
Years
There's an item (or two, I think) that you need to complete the machine, like the Ruby / Sapphire Shard, or something like that...

I know that you can trade with R/S via those means, but I don't think FR/LG can trade with Emerald. I might be wrong, I dunno.

Someone complete the machine and find out. ;o

Back