• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Font?

Azurne

The Local Trickster
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 19, 2011
Calibri size 11. Anything else, and my muse will go AWOL.

I can't stand Times New Roman, either. Even when writing my university essays. I'll type the whole thing out in Calibri, and then go back over the final and change the font then.

Microsoft Word has corrupted me.

aquadan

is searching for members
Years
Century Gothic :)
i get sick of TNR, and in Information Processing and Publishing, be lost marks for using TNR

Old English or Chiller and the worst fonts of all time, they try to be cool, but allas they fail

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I have grown to not stand Times New Roman unless it's ten-pint and the characters have been spaced out, which I only use for roleplay posts. More commonly, I've been known to flicker around to everything from ten-point Arial and Verdana to fourteen-point Batang (what I used back before I realized that my Mac was set to have Word zoomed at %75). Occasionally I will use Calibri or Comic Sans. I can not write roleplay applcatons if it's not in centered eleven-point Courier New.

Arcis

Pokémon Breeder
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 22, 2020
I'm another that prefers Calibri, usually about size 10. I used to be a big fan of Verdana, but Calibri is a little softer, more delicate font and I like that.

For professional works, though, yes. I stick to Times New Roman, almost invariably size 12.

Lana.

*spin*
Years
I used to have Tahoma (9-pt), but then I just got so lazy I stuck with the Calibri default. =P

For professional stuff, Times New Roman. I hate it, but it's expected, so.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
Years
When writing stories, I find myself more comfortable doing so in Book Antiqua, 12, Dark Blue. It just feels more comfortable to read. I might change it though, because I write at 75% now, (at that zoom, I have two side-by-side pages and can read back as I progress) so the text is slightly smaller and Book Antiqua isn't exactly the best font for that, in retrospect... maybe Century Gothic will be better? Or even Trebuchet MS!

For University work, Arial, 12. I'm one of those stubborn people who sticks to the basics, rather than the defaults. Heh. That and we don't get reprimanded for using standard font styles.

patch.

listen what I say, oh
Years
Arial 10.

Anyone who says, 'Times New Roman' should be shot. ;D

The only other fonts I would even consider are Helvetica, Calibri and Trebuchet.

Back