• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Adventures: Ryen

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
bannerpf.png
Welcome to Pokémon Adventures Ryen official thread!
Pkmn Adventures Ryen
capture582.png
Game information
SL249
Author
SL249, O.G.Duke, tImE, Megiddo
Team
Progressing!
Status
Beta
Release
Pokemon Ryen's back and as you may have noticed it's betther than ever before. The thread died after the game's first beta release back in december but no worries the game didn't! I've been working behind the scenes each day on expanding on what the demo already had improving the graphics, music quality, storyline , etc... Expect another demo with stunning quality to arrive soon guys! Opinions and concerns are welcome and it wouldn't hurt to place a support banner in your sig :p

Visit my deviantart aswell. I will be usually posting things up there before I do here.

Your Story

capture571.png

Life can be hard, and well, you known that better than anyone. Prior to the events of Pokémon Ryen you , a young child descending from the town known as Pallet, came to a cross-road in life. Your father had just recently left your family and well life with your mother wasn't exactly the best. Together with a barrage of nightmares you decided to leave home, as in run away, in order to find a reason to keep on pushing foward. Along that journey you make friends with the bycycle gangs of Kanto, avoid capture from the police, and discover yourself as a whole; but that's a story for another game ;).

The events of this story take place 2 years after your departure. Now at home you, the champion of the kanto region, are heading towards the ryen region to meet Prof.Oak, and old friend of your mother and father. He mentioned something about another champioship. At the same time you wonder why your mother let you go in the first place knowing you had left home before. I guess she was just happy to see you happy for once.

You're heading towards Citric Beach in the technological marvel known as SS Citrus. On the way you enjoy a movie the ship's theatre. You head outside and meet up with your old friend, Green. At the moment he challenges to a match you reach for Pokémon only to discover thet they are not there. You run back to the shore hoping to check the ship for you friends only to discover it had already left. You fall to the ground in sheer sorrow. The very same creatures that helped you discover who you were are now gone. What are you to do? What you don't known is What you will discover as you travel along the Ryen region will be completely unexpected and completely out of this world...

Character Bios (Sprites will be added as soon as they are finished)

owth.png

Hero/Heroine
Bio: He/she can be quiet and drepressed at times. Extremely kind and cmpasionate towards anyone he/she meets making friends very easily.
Postion: Trainer and Champion of the Kanto region.

owth.png

Mike/chelsea
Bio: A trainer residing in the Ryen region. You first meet up by Rising City engaging in a friendly battle before challenging the gym leader
Position: trainer of the Ryen region.

owth2.png

Green
Bio: Your rival, old friend, and grandson of the famous Prof.Oak. You used to be neighbors back in pallet. He can act very childish at times yet you won't hesitate talking to him or hanging out every once in a while.
Position: Trainer and former champion of the Kanto region.

Professor Oak
Bio: Known as the reknown professor of the Kanto region. Although he lead the search for your return 2 years back he has complete trust in all of you decisions and has complete faith that you will acomplish any task he gives you no matter how difficult.
Position: Pokémon Researcher

Mom
Bio: Although she cares for you very deeply she had some trouble supporting you and herself 2 years back. She was devestated when you ran away and will find any way to contact you no matter how far away you are.
Position: Mother

owth3.png

???
Bio: ???
Position: ???

Videos

Screenshots

capture584.png
capture585.png
capture586.png
capture587.png
capture588.png
capture589.png
capture590.png
capture591.png
capture592.png
capture593.png
capture594.png
capture595.png
capture596.png
capture597.png
capture598.png
capture599.png
capture579.png
capture576.png
battlescene.png
summarysc.png
capture600.png

Demo

Download Beta 1

The beta goes up to the battle with Saturn (right after the 2nd gym leader). Graphics are outdated but it should give you the basic idea of how the game will eventually turn out.

Support Banners

PEuserbar.png

Spoiler:

prsupportts4.png

Spoiler:
Let the world know! Spread the word about Ryen!

Team

Shinylugia249: Maps, Eventing, Minor Scripting, Ideas, Tile-Spriting, Founder
O.G.DUke: CO-Founder, scripting help,
Ryushin5: Beta-Tester
PokemonOI: Beta-Tester
Megiddo: Music help
tImE: TIle-Spriting

Credits

-Poccil-The starter kit that started it all
-VGMusic-Some Great Midis
-FMP-For some great character designs
-tImE-Some Tiles
-FMP, JV, and OG for constantly helping me with scripting. Thanks guys!
-JV-The awsome thread layout

Last edited:

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
No way, where did this come from? It just seemed to appear half way down the page.

Anyway, you already know how much I like all of those screens from DA, but everything else looks great too. The logo's great. Really happy to see the best game on PC back!

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Wow dude, ryen is now totaly awesome, it was but now is better, i love your tiles, new tree on left side of Oak Office. I waiting for next beta.

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
It's back!? Awesome! This game is probably my favourite game here on PC. The graphics are just gorgeous, and the storyline is really nice too. I remember I enjoyed the old beta, so I can't wait until this next version comes out. The graphics are just immense!

Oh yeah, and just send me a PM if you need anything Lugia.

Last edited:

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
looking good! the tiles are gorgeous, and the plot sounds mildly interesting. one thing though, the 'your story' part has quite a few errors in it, things like "knowing you had left home o leave home before". I'd recommend reading over it once or twice more. :)

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Yes! Ryen's back!
Everything's looking wonderful. The tiles look great, and the overworlds are looking nice.
I'm looking forward to seeing more from this game.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Wow there aren't a lot of games here I get impressed with, but this is definitely one!

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Oh, nice, Ryen's back! The graphics look fabulous, although I question why you're sticking with RSE overworlds (a matter of tastes, I guess). I played the demo when it came out and found it fun! Keep it up!

(...with Uranium's thread layout, too... pretty soon we shall take over ALL of the Showcase! hahaha)

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
WHOA! This just popped back up out of nowhere, just downloaded the beta game looks good so far

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years
it looks awsome , keep up the good work .
i had a problem: i downloaded the beta but when i click to start the game ,the game screen appears and then it closes :| . i was so looking forward to trying the beta :(

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
ooooh~ Ryen is back, Ryen is back! This brightened my day right when I saw it! First off, everything looks fantastic and I'm so happy to see it being continued! Also, the thread CSS is gorgeous (I love the Wiki styled Information Box you gave it <3).

Everything looks fantastic, but I did find two or three spelling errors in the storyline but I don't see anything wrong other than that.

In any case, keep it up! :3

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
Great! Ryen keeps on getting better and better. ;)

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
I don't even know how you did it, but this game is even more beautiful then before. With sprites, anyway. If the story is like before, then that should be good. Only problem is with pokeballs next to water, their reflection is on the rock itself... but I think you noticed that. I also really like the menu, too. Can't wait to see more. Good luck with it again, man.

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
Years
What can I say the graphics and mapping are excellent!!!! The Only thing I have to say is you need to be more consistent with your tiles, you have what seems to be HGSS tiles and then the merge of D/P/P tiles you can use all of them but use a pallet that you like and make them have a common ground!

Great job kid!

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
This is incredible! The graphics look amazing!! I especially like the second row screens (night time). The game looks realistic; in a way xD Good luck on this game.

Back