• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

P o k e m o n : A Journey Beyond TIME & SPACE // T // OOC + SU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Name: Felix "Phoenix" Chance

Well... the appearance and personality are just too short...

And the backstory... I have said this over and over again by now xD
It must make sense, how did he managed to live on his own two years? Yes he had his cousin, but what happened when his cousin wasn't there? For that matter, how did no one realize he was alone? At age 10?!

He stopped talking to Laurel after he became a criminal... I'm assuming that either Laurel is a criminal or Phoenix becme one, whatever the case, you must explain how it happened.

Also, how did Rowan knew who Phoenix is? It's not like he knows each and every trainer around, y'know? And, he wouldn't just... send a letter after surviving a catastrophe to some random teenager talking like he knew it was all going to happen...

So, yeah, you need to fix that :3
Also, I finished half of my double SU, if anyone wants to see what I've got so far :3​

KingKaos

Non-legendary Pokemon FTW!
Years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKaos
Ok I have once again updated my backstory with better details and also changed my name to Kaiser. Any more improvements? I really do like this RP and want to join so I'm willing to keep trying till I get it.

And again, it's not blievable, how could a ten year old kid just run around the mountains nd fight with an Ursaring with not a single scratch at all?

Also, how exactl did Kaiser learned that oversight stuff? How was this whole training-thing letting him able to do this?

IO really need you to change the backstory DRASTICALLY, y'know?

The backstory explained that through Kaiser learning to focus his aura into a transparent burst of energy that overcomes the will of weaker Pokemon is oversight and he learned this from his aura training with Grandfather. As for the Ursaring thing, it's possible for Kaiser to fight his grandfather's Ursaring and not suffer major life threatening injuries, because his grandfather is still taking care of him in the mountains. Of course, he got hurt in the mountains, but like I said before his grandfather was there to overlook his training to make sure he survived to be a hero no matter how hard the training was he wouldn't let his grandson die.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKaos
Ok I have once again updated my backstory with better details and also changed my name to Kaiser. Any more improvements? I really do like this RP and want to join so I'm willing to keep trying till I get it.

The backstory explained that through Kaiser learning to focus his aura into a transparent burst of energy that overcomes the will of weaker Pokemon is oversight and he learned this from his aura training with Grandfather. As for the Ursaring thing, it's possible for Kaiser to fight his grandfather's Ursaring and not suffer major life threatening injuries, because his grandfather is still taking care of him in the mountains. Of course, he got hurt in the mountains, but like I said before his grandfather was there to overlook his training to make sure he survived to be a hero no matter how hard the training was he wouldn't let his grandson die.

And I understand, but how is it that they are both able to focus their aura like that? What's the backstory of this powers?

I would also undersatnd that he recieved minor injuries, but then again, a ten year old kid training in the mountains against all the wild Pokemon? Even with his grandfather, it doesn't sound so believable, how could a kid stand such rigurous training in a dangerous place like that? He's young, his grandfather is old. Even with their oversight, they're not the only ones with tricks out there... This issue could be fixed if you change the age of Kaiser, or change the Ursaring with something that is not actually a killing machine, because, seriously, that's what Ursarings are!

Also, how exactly does the oversight work? Yes, they overcome a Pokemon's will, but what happens when they do this?

I do want a character with the hero ideals in the RP, but the backstory still makes from little to no sense to me... so yeah...​

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
Name: Patrick McCallion

Appearance: Height 5'10, weighs 175lbs. Patrick's hair color is a light brown colour and is not too long but not too short. His hair always looks as if he just got out of bed, and is often flicky which is the way he likes it. His eyes are a brown wooden like colour which can also appear to look completely black in some cases. Patrick has a below average, scrawny build. Patrick also has a light, tanish skin tone which often makes people assume he is foreign.

Patrick always wears his red V-Neck T-shirt, blue jeans and black vans with white lining. In most cases Patrick likes to wear his purple scarf as it seems as if he is wearing a small cape, whenever he wears this, it makes him feel like an adventurer.

Personality: Patrick is a naive kid who believes that no matter what everything will be okay. He can be very sarcastic and loves to make awful puns. Patrick has a geniune and humble way of gaining people's trust, as he was always raised to be an honest and open person. He would make friends by first compliementing their efforts, then asking how they've worked so hard at it. By nature and from his parents working at the Olivine Cafe, Patrick is a glutton and will eat anything, except vegetables and fish. Patrick will feel very hurt and angry if he finds out someone has cheated him out of something, however Patrick is usually very cheerful even in the most dangerous and dark times, he can always find that silver lining because he is so Naive.

When it comes to Pokemon, Patrick will treat his partners like his soul mates. His battle style is all for one and one for all! Meaning if his Pokemon has had a troublesome past or experienced bad things, Patrick will ensure to find a way to understand what they are going through and reassure and encourage them that everything will be okay.

Backstory: Patrick is from Olivine City. He lives there with his Mother and Father who both work at the Cafe. Patrick's father would often take Patrick to see the town's Mascot, Ampharos. The McCallion family have always been really close with Jasmine the Gym Leader, she was like a family friend. You could say Jasmine was Patrick's mentor in a way that he always asked her about her Pokemon partners and always wanted to see her battle with her Steel-Types, and due to their extremely high defenses Patrick always thought of them as invincible. For a while Jasmine had a winning streak and she seemed unbeatable with her Steelix and Magnezone. Patrick was inspired Jasmine's style. He thought by watching her battling alot, he had knowledge of how he can take down the Steel Beasts. Patrick had made a promise with Jasmine that whenever his Pokemon journey begins, he will get an unbeatable team of Pokemon with great power to defeat her. Jasmine being the Gym leader and loving person she is accepted the challenge. then challenged her to a gym battle with powerful Pokemon whenever his adventure begins! For once Patrick actually began researching more into Steel Type Pokemon, weaknesses, strengths, what moves to use against them, what not to use.

Suddenly one day a huge Thunderstorm had broke out. Harsh winds and heavy rain caused alot of damage to the shore front of Olivine City. Waves crashed over the pier and destoryed the Cafe and Patrick's house. From Patrick's knowledge, he had lost his parents in the blink of an eye. Scared, upset and confused, the young boy made his way back to the one place where he would be safe. The Lighthouse. Patrick ran to the top to find Jasmine with Ampharos attempting to shine it's light across the ocean. Jasmine spotted Patrick and rushed over to him and held him.

'Patrick! I'm going to need you to be brave! I saw the wave that hit your house. But you promised me something, and I'm going to help you keep that promise!' Jasmine reassured the disturbed boy. Jasmine sent out her Skarmory that swooped him up off to the Eastern Part of Johto, to seek a man that would make him the trainer he wants to be. 'NEVER GIVE UP! AND KEEP SMILING! BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU DO BEST!' She shouted to him as he flew off.

For a few hours, Patrick and Skarmory had been flying through the harsh storm. Patrick curled up in a ball, weaping over his losses, as the metal bird notices that the sky begins to flash and releases bolts of lightening. Skarmory knew that if it got hit by one of these bolts Patrick wouldn't survive, Skarmory cried and used Agility to get to their destination faster and then Air Slash to blast through the lightening. As the land was changing and towns were getting destroyed it was hard to tell which town was which.

'SKARMORY!' shouted a strange voice, 'DOWN HERE! Your metal body will take heavy damage in the this storm!'

Skarmory and Patrick approached this man who was wearing a lab coat and had a head like a turnip. The man noticed Patrick and took him off Skarmory and inside a strange laboratory that was surrounded by a forest. Patrick and Skarmory both entered this lab and saw a whole crowd of people crammed into this confined place. The man who found them brought over another man with a top hat and a red scale hanging from his neck. Mr. Pokemon and Professor Elm both introduced themselves to Patrick and began discussing the current problems in the world at the moment. Elm told Patrick about the special trainers that the world professors have been gathering and asked Patrick if he would like to take this mission on board. Patrick thought about what Jasmine said and gave Elm a huge smile and nods.

'I'll do it!' Patrick answered confidently with a grin on his face.

Which Professor gave you your Starter Pokémon? : Professor Elm.

Which was your starter Pokémon?: Phanpy

Holy Burrito... I tweaked the backstory a little bit. And well... I hope it's alright!

And am I the only one who finds all of the Pokemon's 'Special moves' hilarious?

KingKaos

Years
And I understand, but how is it that they are both able to focus their aura like that? What's the backstory of this powers?

I would also undersatnd that he recieved minor injuries, but then again, a ten year old kid training in the mountains against all the wild Pokemon? Even with his grandfather, it doesn't sound so believable, how could a kid stand such rigurous training in a dangerous place like that? He's young, his grandfather is old. Even with their oversight, they're not the only ones with tricks out there... This issue could be fixed if you change the age of Kaiser, or change the Ursaring with something that is not actually a killing machine, because, seriously, that's what Ursarings are!

Also, how exactly does the oversight work? Yes, they overcome a Pokemon's will, but what happens when they do this?

I do want a character with the hero ideals in the RP, but the backstory still makes from little to no sense to me... so yeah...

Ok I think I cleared up what you were looking for now

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Ok I think I cleared up what you were looking for now

Just remove Golem Golbat and Steelix o.o
They're also killing machines...
Do that and you're (finally) done :3

Holy Burrito... I tweaked the backstory a little bit. And well... I hope it's alright!

And am I the only one who finds all of the Pokemon's 'Special moves' hilarious?

Just add a bit more 'o sauce to the personality, keep your posts as detailed as how you made them in Time & Space, and I'll dissmiss that and accept you now! :)

And yes, they're quite unusual :P

-Patrick recieved a Pokedex!
Pokedex.png

-Patrick recieved 10 Pokeballs!
Pokeball_sprite.png

231.png

Patrick recieved a Phanpy!
ground.gif

Pick Up
-Tackle
-Defense Curl
-Scald

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
'Reunited and it feels so good! Reunited 'cause we understood! One perfect fit, and sugar, this one is it! We both are so excited, 'cause we are reunited! Hey, HEY!'

That little number goes out to Phanpy! The awesome blue elephant! It's been too long but now Patrick and Phanpy are back!! :D

@KingKaos, your backstory makes me think of Goku and Master Roshi from Dragonball lol

@Vato, Scald! Vato I love how this doesn't make sense! You my friend, are a creative genius!

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
Name:Felix "Phoenix" Chance
Appearance: Felix is 5'9 and slender. He has icy blue eyes and black hair that he keeps short, the way it grows makes it look like he always has a mohawk, he has small ears. Felix has a square chin and when his eyes pierce through your head when he starts to stare. He has a little stubble of a beard on his face, and because of this people think he is much older than he already is. Felix has broad shoulders and muscular arms people have said that he is very attractive. Felix wears nearly any kind of t-shirt but most of the ones he wears make him look muscular. He always wears Jeans and gym shoes. No matter what he always has a hoodie with him, even if it is 90 degrees outside. Felix has large hands and really big feet (Holy Burritos he's a size 13!)

Personality: Felix prefers to be called Phoenix because he thinks Felix is too common of a name. He is shy and becomes really quite while talking to girls although he is good at flirting when he get comfortable enough to talk to he, because of his shyness he chooses not to talk that much. Felix is very modest and smart but a bit rash at sometimes, like jumping into a lake before he knows what's in there. He hates show offs with a burning passion, and because of the way he was raised, he won't tolerate them at all unless it is needed. He likes to help others solve their problems, unless he feels that the problem is needed to teach the person a lesson. He treats all pokemon, no matter how mean and vicious, like his best friends. Felix doesn't tend to be naive and doesn't laugh at what most people laugh at. He is funny when he tries but, he sees no point in it really. Felix is usually the one to tell someone and idea is not that smart and try to suggest something different. He believes that a lot of things should be achieved through hard work rather than just being given to him. People see him as being mature because of a lot of the ways he does things, although this isn't the truth and in heart he still acts like a normal 14 year old. Felix is very athletic but he doesn't play sports for the competitive part but rather more for fun and a way to relax.

Backstory: Felix had a perfect life, loving parent, a lot of friends, got whatever he wanted and lived in a villa outside of the resort area, yet he wasn't spoiled. He was rich but he told no one about it. But then it all happened so fast. Felix was only 10 when his parents were killed. Ever since then he has lived alone, his cousin would fly in from the Unova region every month to check on him and buy him food, this continued until Felix was 12 when he lost contact with his cousin, by then he had learned how to take out money from the bank and go shopping and get places by himself. People constantly tried to get him to move in with adults but he would resist every time. Eventually most people just gave up and let him live on his own. One man, would never give up. He had a small lab in Sandgem Town. No one really knew why he would come all the way out to the Resort Area just to try to get Felix to move in.
Felix learned independence early on, even though he had money and didn't need to, he still worked for money. People have mocked Felix for his shyness but he always ignored him eventually he became shut off from everyone but his two best friends, Laurel and Jay. He stopped hanging out with Laurel after Laurel became a criminal. Laurel had tried to get him to steal bikes and food and even pokemon. Laurel was eventually arrested and sent to the Kanto Region where he was put into a boarding school after he served 3 months in prison. Jay is his only friend now. She checked on him everyday. Eventually she moved in after her parents disappeared. She takes care of cleaning while Felix works. One day Felix got a strange note,"My name is Professor Rowan. I am the man who tried to bring you to Sandgem Town and its time I explained somethings. First off I was a good friend of your father, before he passed away i promised him that I would give you your first pokemon when you were ready. My intentions were to bring you to Sandgem Town so you could train here but you wouldn't allow it. Felix,I believe that now you are ready. I advise that you bring 3000 pokedollars for your journey" He told Jay about the note and they decided that he should go. Felix packed some supplies and left Jay with about 2,000,000 pokedollars. He set out to the lab unaware of what awaited him on the roads ahead. After a week of traveling he arrived at Sandgem Town, ready to start the journey ahead of him, unaware of what dangers awaited him...

Professor: Rowan

Starter Pokemon: Chimchar

I fixed some things, tweaked others and added more it only took me about 2ish hours fix it. This should explain thing a little bit better than before.

doge

???
Years
Vato, if it's all the same to you, I'd like to formally pull Willie out. Mostly because the pure lack of gender variety is bothering me for some reason. So could you reserve me for a new SU?

Edit: And a Eevee, please : D. If it's possible to reserve a starter that is.

Last edited:

Kay11190

The Drifter
Years
I think I have looked at this long enough and I can't help but want to join. If you don't mind I would like to reserve Aron. I'll do my best to come up with something after reading through the vast amount of sign-ups.

KingKaos

Years
Just remove Golem Golbat and Steelix o.o
They're also killing machines...
Do that and you're (finally) done :3
Mission complete! I have officially made all the changes to my character and backstory! Is it finally Kaiser's time to be the hero (Prinny reference).

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years
I'll try to make the first post for the IC, we ought to get it started, (not that I'm too excited that I can kill someone rit now). I'll see if by tonight it'll be done :).

Wow! Never thought the sign ups were savagely fighting their way through in this RP. It makes it feel so exhilarating..!

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Ack! I stop checking for 2 hours and this happens xD
Let's see...

Well, here it is, a whole day later(give or take a few hours), my SU.

I fixed some things, tweaked others and added more it only took me about 2ish hours fix it. This should explain thing a little bit better than before.

I has sad news of sadness, my friends:

Vato, if it's all the same to you, I'd like to formally pull Willie out. Mostly because the pure lack of gender variety is bothering me for some reason. So could you reserve me for a new SU?

Edit: And a Eevee, please : D. If it's possible to reserve a starter that is.

There's just a lot of dudes already :( If I were to accept you, which I really want to, there would be a total of 7 dudes in the RP (discounting -Sam's character but counting Nate, whom I'll be playing once in a while). So... yeah... If you still want to join, you will have to change the gender and names of 'yer characters, as well as some bits of the SU... I'm sorry for this inconvenience...

As a side note, I will now proceed to pull Willie out, no probs, -Sam, just give me some time to open and then reserve a spot and tell everyone else to stay away from Eevee xD

I think I have looked at this long enough and I can't help but want to join. If you don't mind I would like to reserve Aron. I'll do my best to come up with something after reading through the vast amount of sign-ups.

Why sure, just remember, the reservation will last 24 hours :)

Mission complete! I have officially made all the changes to my character and backstory! Is it finally Kaiser's time to be the hero (Prinny reference).

Well, with that, yet another dude is accepted in the RP xD
I'll update the IC and OOC, so please, be patient :)
You have also unlocked this mission in Hard Mode :P this apparently was the Easy Mode...

I'll try to make the first post for the IC, we ought to get it started, (not that I'm too excited that I can kill someone rit now). I'll see if by tonight it'll be done :).

Wow! Never thought the sign ups were savagely fighting their way through in this RP. It makes it feel so exhilarating..!

Yeah, too many SUs, and too many dude characters xD

And yay, finally a functional keyboard for my computer! DOO DE LA LA LAH! :D​

KingKaos

Years
I could change Kaiser into a heroine, her name would be Ruby though and can she keep her backstory?

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
I could change Kaiser into a heroine, her name would be Ruby though and can she keep her backstory?

If you want to, it's okay, just change her name gender and some bits of the SU where it says 'He' or 'Kaiser', you may change whatever else you want if so you wish :)​

KingKaos

Years
And just like that, the heroine Ruby was born and took Kaiser's place/identity though she will have more angry outburst than Kaiser. She won't be as serious, but she definitely won't be like all the other girls. :)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
My first RP? Yep, let's do this.

Name: Opal Louise

Appearance: Opal is rather tall for her age; she's lanky and lean while standing at about 5'5" and weighing in at 121 lbs. She's heavily tanned from extensive outdoor play and her cheeks are freckled, though they go unnoticed from her tanned complexion. She has close set green-hazel eyes and thin lips. Her hair is shoulder-blade length and a dull mousy color, although it's bleached a little from the sun. She has no bangs or hairstyle, just hair straight down her neck and back. She dresses a little tomboy-ish; her family is of low-middle income so she wears worn-out sneakers and is comfortable in her brother's old flannel shirts. She wears shorts primarily, and occasionally wears a hand-crafted twine bracelet.

Personality: Opal is curious yet uneducated about what is happening to the world around her; her overbearing elder brother, Todd (22 years old) forbids her from traveling yet she defies him by sneaking out when the Professor summons her. She is at home outside in the country, yet is eager to explore big cities and different towns. Her ignorance may be her vice or her blessing in her travels, as she braces herself for the worst - or what she thinks it is.

Backstory: At the budding age of thirteen, Opal is uncomfortable about everything. Friends, family, boys, and now this whole deal with Team Galactic. Her down-to-earth older brother wants to stay out of as much business as possible, while Opal grows restless hearing about the otherworldly news reaching their quiet neighborhood more and more each day. When their father disappeared on that fateful day Cyrus summoned Dialga and Palkia on Mt. Coronet, their frail mother fell into a crippling depression, abandoning Todd and Opal with nothing more than a note on the kitchen counter. Since then, their Aunt Rhonda has looked after them; yet as she comes from a city thrice the size of their's, she fails to grasp their country manners. She tries her best to help Todd overcome his bitterness towards their mother and help Opal become a graceful young lady rather than the hard-nosed country girl she believes she's turning into.

Starter Pokemon: Trapinch

I can elaborate on any field you want me to, but chances are I'll return to this to add more either tonight or tomorrow early afternoon; I just spent 30-45 minutes on this instead of doing an essay due tomorrow about theology of burritos and their holiness, lol ;o;

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
My SU revised!

Name: Alik Rizz

Appearance: Alik is roughly 5'7, weighs about 120 pounds, and has long, neon yellow hair that is strangely bright and spikes up naturally. His eyes are deep green and they look very strange with his neon yellow hair. His eyes are also strangely yellow, much like a lemon. His face is mature looking and he appears to be at least 17. He has a hooked nose. He usually wears a bright yellow, long sleeved shirt with a large A imprinted on the front of it. Rizz keeps its sleeves rolled up. He also wears dark blue jeans and a necklace depicting a mountain. He has a scar across his face that will be explained in the backstory. Alik is generally muscular, but he isn't massive. Although he isn't ugly, he isn't very handsome. He has a small bit of stubble where a beard is starting to grow, and he has a little bit of a moustache as well. This makes him, again, look older than he really is.

Personality: Alik is a pretty nice guy. He's very bold when talking to people. He doesn't flat out insult people, but he definitely doesn't let them say whatever they want without surpressing them. Alik is a bit of a flirt when he's talking to girls and he's actually GOOD at it. His not ugliness helps with that a lot as well. He is generally nice to guys as well. He is really quiet around people he doesn't know, but he's loud and witty around his known group of friends. The youth tends to freak out when the situation doesn't look very good, but he is fearless otherwise. He's always the first into a fight and the last to back out.

He's pretty level headed, but sometimes his ego will get the best of him. He's a very, very good liar. Alik has lied many times in the past over things that could get anybody in trouble. He isn't really a delinquet, but he has pulled a couple mischevious pranks in the past. They weren't anything like whoopee cushions. They were almost dangerous. After he did them, however, he never pulled a prank again. The most noticable factor of Alik is the atmosphere around him. His friendliness is almost palpable, electric. He has a strong fear of wide open spaces and a lesser one of water type
Backstory: Alik grew up in Olivine Town with his father. His mother died before he turned 4. He had a cousin who grew up in Azalea Town named Malik. Malik Grizz. Malik was an epic dude, but he disappeared into the Illex Forest after the disaster. Alik was a popular guy growing up in Olivine. He was friendly, nice, and everyone knew his name. Everyday as he would walk to school, people would call out his name in greeting and he would call their name back. He took an interest in his father's work at a young age. Kent Rizz was an expert electrician, one of the best in Johto. Alik took to spending most of his day with his father learning all the tricks and facts that made a good electrician. He started by fixing the local kids' electric toys. Eventually he started working in buildings like the Pokemon Center and the nearby gym with his father.

Alik was with his dad in the Olivine Gym's basement. The two of them were fixing the power grid. His father told him to hold the fort while he went to go get a bite to eat. It had been a while and Alik's father hadn't returned, so he decided to walk outside to see what was going on. IT happened. All hell broke lose when he did. All he could see was water flooding in the half of the town that was closer to the sea.and earthquakes were creating fissures everywhere. He began to run around the city looking for his father and finally found him. He found his father pinned beneath a fallen lamp post near the lighthouse. Alik began to pull him out, but his father stopped him. "Son, don't worry about me. Go. Run. Don't stop. You'll know it's safe to come back when the sun is shining brightly." Alik didn't know what he meant, but he obeyed his father as usual. He just took off running, refusing to stop. He collapsed near the location of Ecruteak City and passed out.

Starter Pokémon: Mareep

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back