• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dem Repels...

Do you use repels?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I've always used repels. I usually do it in caves, not really so much outside in the grass.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I only use them when I catch every single Pokemon that is available in that area, I am the kind that likes to catch every single uncaught wild Pokemon, but that's just me.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Mmm yeah I always buy many Super/Max Repel and use them when I need to cut through an area quickly. I especially use them in areas where you team up with an NPC. Every wild battle is a double battle, and I would be devastated if I ran into a shiny only to see otherwise useless partner kill it lol.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Only if I've already been through the area and don't want to encounter any wild Pokémon. I make sure to buy at least fifth max repels, and when I run low, I stock up on more!

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
If I'm not actively trying to fill the Pokédex, I use repels all the time when I'm in caves or surfing. Thank you B2W2 for the confirmation dialogue!

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
I only use them in the cave to get back to Kurt on Pokemon Soul-Sliver before I get fly :)

Years
I don't ever use repels, I don't particularly know why, but I just don't like using them. I tried a repel once just to see what it would do and that is really the only time I have ever used one. I sort of like running into wild Pokemon even if it gets tedious at times.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I only buy them if I'm chaining or don't want to encounter wild pokemon in an area where I've already explored. Sometimes when I do use them I get scared, because I might be palming off shinies!

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I generally don't use them until later on in the game where the levels gap between the wild Pokemon and me are too huge to make it not seem worth grinding as I go. I'll also use them if I'm trying to find a legendary in a big cave.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Who doesn't? I'd like to know who and their reasons for allowing themselves to be so inconvenienced and why they wouldn't choose the third option. Choosing just plain "no" implies you never use repels ever...

I know not one person who enjoys random encounters. They are my most hated aspect of any game and if I can avoid it with items, I stockpile them like I would ammunition for the Zombie Apocalypse.

lucaspontes

One of Them
Years
95% of time, no. I really enjoy running into random encounters (I HATE when a game changes from random encounter to enemies visible in the overworld). Though I always run, since I never need to grind. Never know when you might run into shinies, too. THOUGH, I use them when hunting shaking grass / dust cloud Pokémon/items, makes it a lot easier, so I preferred to choose the third option over the second.

Back