• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon League (OOC+SU)[T]

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Name: Clark Davies

Appearance:

Spoiler:

History:

Clark is the son of a gangster associated with the Biker gangs and low-ranked thugs from Team Rocket. He spent his early childhood in Saffron City only with his mother Annie and his big sister Laurie, who was five years older than him. This was due to the fact that his father was constantly away from home on 'business'. The situation of having to handle everything was very stressful to Annie and one day she left a letter of apology to her children and left her husband, never to return again. Laurie then began to take care of Clark.
By the time Clark turned ten years old, his family had begun to fall apart. His father had developed a substance abuse problem, and was violent towards his children. One day, Laurie was fed up and followed her mother's footsteps, only that she took Clark with her, unwilling to leave the poor boy alone with their evil father.
The two of them moved to a small apartment in Cerulean City. Laurie started going to the local Gym and became a Trainer there, and worked on Saturdays as a waitress at a café to bring money home. She taught Clark about manners and Pokémon, and caught a Bellsprout for him on his 15th birthday. Then, she suggested the idea of a Pokémon Journey, which got Clark very excited. He started to train with his Bellsprout, which he named Fiona, around the city, looking forward to the day when he could leave and begin his journey.

Personality:

Clark Davies is a polite, kind young man. He looks up to his big sister and loves her a whole lot, and can be very protective of her, despite her insistence that "she's a big girl now". His rule of thumb is "Don't do things to other people if you wouldn't like them to do that to you", which he learned from her. He may take this too seriously though, and many times it will hold him back against bullies or bad people and force him to do nothing bad to them. This leads to him stockpiling anger, which might all come out at someone who doesn't deserve it, and will make him regret his outburst for a very long time. After one time when he got into a fight with Laurie because of that, he vowed to try his best to control his anger.

Starting Location: Cerulean City

Pokemon: Bellsprout, named Fiona.
Level: 6
Appearance: Fiona looks almost no different from any other Bellsprout, only that she's slightly smaller.
Personality: Fiona is jolly, very affectionate and likes to dance around a lot.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Accepted-
Seems your have broken the Celadon/Viridian trend :D, good to have you with us. :D

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Accepted-
Seems your have broken the Celadon/Viridian trend :D, good to have you with us. :D

Awesome! I did it because I was planning to make him hang around Cerulean City one more day before actually leaving (or maybe go to Cerulean Cape or something, I don't know). My first post should be up within the next few days, not later than Friday. Heck, even today if I feel inspired.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Good to know you are keen, maybe you should defeat misty and take her badge :D

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
I know Clark has a type advantage, but I doubt he can defeat her having just started out with a Lv. 6 Bellsprout xD Anyway, I still haven't decided how to start and I'm sorting out some RL issues (I have a concert due and I have to set up a backing band for me asap and it's a pain in my neck), but by Friday I'll have something up

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Cool, I stated somewhere that gym leaders have no levels they scale with your badge/level progression o everyone doesnt start at pallet town or something.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
if anyone is going through viridian there is a Venusaur in the forest that can give out lots of exp. though it cannot be caught.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
I wasn't planning on it, but why can't it be caught? Besides, Aaron and Yuki won't get there for a long time.

A: We're on Route 7, Viridian Forest is pretty far away.
B: I reminded koopafan twice, and he still hasn't made his second post. I hope he becomes more active when we start actually going places.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I wasn't planning on it, but why can't it be caught? Besides, Aaron and Yuki won't get there for a long time.

A: We're on Route 7, Viridian Forest is pretty far away.
B: I reminded koopafan twice, and he still hasn't made his second post. I hope he becomes more active when we start actually going places.

well why cant you catch it, right now you cannot since we are all rookie trainers and that seems OP to have a venusaur that is high leveled right at the beginning around 5-7th gym badge I will let you guys catch it :D

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
I have a question regarding Tai and Natsu's Gym battle against Brock. I believe Genevieve's character was challenging the Gym at the time, and they both walked in as if nobody was inside. Wouldn't it, like, have to wait until the battle is over, then both would challenge? Because it creates problems with the time.

Also, if challengers are to go for Cerulean Gym, my character's sister Laurie is a Gym Trainer there so if it's okay people should PM me and we could discuss that battle via PMs so that the Gym challenge post comes up. Just a suggestion.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Yerp I realised that I will delete it and send it as a PM to myself and wait for genevieve DERP! its okay if your sister is a trainer there :D

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
sorry, with the weather I decided to do a two part post. Problem is I've been having a lot of breathing problems lately with my asthma because of the heat so have been unable to turn my computer on due to the heat. I will be back to posting by the weekend though it'll be cooling down luckily.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
Years
Hi, am I okay to sign up?
I've gone for a totally different character this time, hopefully it'll be interesting to play!

Name: Aggie Gardner

Appearance:
Aggie is pretty ordinary, to say the least. Standing at only 5'3'' and weighing in at about 140 lbs, she's really not looking to be the next Elesa by any stretch. Her hair is blonde and just a little bit frizzy, at least when it's humid out. Her bangs cascade over her heavy eyebrows and stop just short of her eyes, which are a dull blue-grey but express an innocence you wouldn't expect from someone just reaching adulthood. A splatter of freckles spreads over her mushroom nose and across her full cheeks, but she's just thankful that her acne has finally cleared up. Her lips are red and full, and there's a tiny gap between her front teeth which her orthodontic treatment just couldn't seem to fix.

Having been constantly reminded that she's "pudgy" by everyone in her life, Aggie tries not to dress to impress. In fact, she has blending in down to a 'T'. Her standard outfit is a pair of loose-fitting jeans, some hard-wearing black boots, and a t-shirt with some obscure motif plastered on the front. Over this she'll wear an array of hooded jackets of varying colours. The most conspicuous thing about Aggie is her lurid orange backpack, which she rarely leaves home without.

History:
Aggie grew up in Ecruteak, the second and youngest child of her parents. They were a fairly functional family, to whom nothing interesting seemed to happen. Aggie's father helped breed Miltank in the MooMoo farm near Olivine, and her mother had a part-time job cleaning the local Dance Theatre. Aggie's older sister, Gena, was practically perfect in every way. Glamorous, beautiful, intelligent, and a dab-hand at Pokemon Contests, she had long since travelled to Hoenn where she continued to do her family proud. Forever in her shadow, Aggie grew up keeping herself to herself, immersing herself in books and folklore, rather than befriending the local kids her age. Like they'd ever hang out with a loser like her, anyway.

It wasn't until she turned 18 that she'd finally had enough of her sheltered life in Ecruteak, and so she vowed to find a Pokemon Partner and travel the world, like so many of her peers had done before her. Yes, she was late to the game, but if she left it much longer she'd have done nothing with her life at all. Within the year, Aggie found a Pokemon, packed her bags and travelled to Kanto, where the legend Red himself had started his journey. Whether she was successful or not, Aggie needed to prove to herself that she wasn't born just to sit and putter. All that mattered was getting out, starting anew, and working towards something great.

Personality:
Aggie really is quite ordinary. But living under the shadow of her extraordinary sister and living at the butt of her classmates' jokes has convinced her of this even moreso. Aggie has no knowledge of who she is as a person, but her only belief is that she will amount to nothing. Very aware of her less-than-impressive appearance makes her shy and reluctant to engage, but like so many trainers she finds refuge in Pokemon. Although closed off and almost incapable of continuous interaction, Aggie is essentially very conscientious and caring. If she can summon the courage to approach them, she is willing, and often able, to help anyone in need, should she believe she can herself. However, she hasn't had much positive interaction growing up, and may often retreat to hostility if approached by her peers. She is quickly irritated and may assume that people mean her harm, but will quickly learn if this is not the case. Her trust is often misplaced, either given out too readily or too sparingly, but eventually she'll get the mix right. Her take on life is to simply do well by everyone, a mantra which she approaches with an almost childlike innocence.

Starting Location: Vermillion City

Pokemon: Totodile– Brathu (Pronounced Brath – ee)
Level: 7
Appearance: Just your average, run-of-the-mill Totodile.
Personality: Brathu is a little rebellious, as Aggie hasn't quite got the hang of giving out orders just yet. Essentially he is loyal to his owner, if not a little mischievous and hot-headed. Incredibly playful, Brathu will sometimes lead the way rather than Aggie without either of them even noticing.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Accepted-

we are always accepting hope you play it well.

@[user]~Genevieve~[/user] yeah its okay hope you get better.

PhoenixSoul

I gain strength from my ashes
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Hey I just joined yesterday and saw your Rp and like it very much so I decided to give it a try. Here is my Su!

Name: Alexis Vendler

Appearance:
Spoiler:

History: Alexis was born in the Sinnoh region in a family where both her parents were Pokemon trainers. Now her father is a pokemon researcher who studies the way pokemon communicate with one another, while her mother is a Teacher at a Pokemon School. When she was about 8 years old she went on a trip with her parents in the Snowpoint mountains where they spent a whole weekend in a lodge. In one of the evenings, as Alexis was still playing in the snow, she wandered into the forest as she heard a loud cry. Soon she found out that the cry was from a Snorunt who had been cornered by a pack of Piloswine. The girl drew their attention and made the wild pokemon chase her as she was running back to the lodge. There, her father and mother chased away the Piloswine, then took their daughter to the injured Sorunt and took it back to their lodge. There Alexis nurtured it back to health and as the family was about to head for home the pokemon decided to stick with Alexis. The two have been good friends since then. Having already a pokemon by her side Alexis couldn't wait to be 10 and become a pokemon trainer.

As she turned ten. Alexis was struck by bad news. Due to her father's research, Alexis had to move from her home region to Kanto in the peaceful town of Viridian City. This happened exactly in the period of time when young trainers started their journeys so as a result she missed the starting point. This resulted in postponing her journey for later, meaning she would have to wait another four years. In the meantime, as she couldn't officially battle with her pokemon she decided to start working on her knowledge as this wasn't a violation of the rules. Now the young girl is 14 and this time she had no difficulties in receiving her Pokedex and Pokeballs. She refused a starter pokemon, as her Snorunt, now nicknamed Yuki, was still a low level pokemon and didn't really get any training while being with Alexis.

Personality: Alexis is a very daring young girl, who won't miss the chance to try something new even if it means getting her hands dirty. She isn't afraid to speak her mind when she has to stand her ground or when she knows she is right. While being caring towards those who deserve it, she will not forgive and forget if you betray her trust. Despite being adventurous, Alexis isn't a stranger to books so she has a bit of knowledge about pokemon and pokemon battles. This, combined with her vast imagination makes her sometimes unpredictable on the battlefield. She is very competitive, and don't get me started on how she is when there is a prize involved, and sometimes is a tad bit too stubborn and rash. All in all, Alexis is your average teenager who knows what she wants and will do her utmost best to see her dreams come true.

Starting Location: Viridian City

Pokemon: Snorunt

Nickname: Yuki

Level: 7
Appearance:
361.gif

Personality: She is very caring towards her trainer and would do anything to get her out of harm. Snorunt enjoys battling while executing her moves with precision and grace. She doesn't really like being in her pokeball, but if the situation or Alexis demands she do so she will not object.

Moves: Leer | Powder Snow | Double Team | Rollout

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
accepted-

Good to know you want to join this, hope you enjoy yourself, anyway this rp seems to be kicking off.

PhoenixSoul

I gain strength from my ashes
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Glad to be a part of this. I'm gonna get down to writing ASAP!! :D And hi to everyone in this RP.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
Years
Hey, just a quick question (sorry if it's already been covered above!):
Are the wild Pokemon available strict to the ones available in locations in the games? Like, could I find a Gen 5 Pokemon in Kanto, or find a fire-type on Route 4 or something?

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
No it is not restricted, you can find a piplup in the ocean you can find a houndour inside a forest etc. When people want to get to kalos then its different you can only capture what's in the game because its rare to find a kanto pokemon in kalos

Back