• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoenn RéBURST [M] [IC]

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years

SCYKE ICK - Route 104/Petalburg Woods

[h1][/h1]​
[h1][/h1]
[h1][/h1]"Why won't you give up?!" cried Scyke, dashing helplessly towards unknown directions with twenty pissed Tailows behind him giving chase. Every few seconds they creeped closer and closer towards Scyke until one managed to peck Scyke's shoulder.

"Oww! Hey, that hu-" BANG!

Scyke crashed backwards into a patch of grass, his fingers and eyes twitching madly and a huge rectangular dent on his face. The flock of Taillows that had been pursuing Scyke came to an abrupt stop when their target had face-planted onto a tree. Confused on what to do with the body, all the
dark blue birds flew away back to their base, leaving Scyke alone in pain and dismay. After around fifteen minutes the teen picked himself up, clutching his forehead.

"Urgh... where am I?" Slowly rising to his feet, Scyke looked around his surroundings, unsure about the sudden darkness and increase in number of trees. He took a town map out of his bag and stretched it open to get a better judgement on where he was. "If this is right, then I must be in... Petalburg Woods?" Closing the map, Scyke stroked his face a little in pain before bringing out Zap outside his Pokeball. The Pikachu came out and quickly climbed onto Scyke shoulder, all in whilst crying out a cute cry. "I feel a lot safer with you out here you know, Zap. Ok, let's make it through this forest then." With a fresh burst of determination, Scyke started walking through Petalburg Woods, not sure where he was going as there was no clear path at all.

---​

After an hour or so, Scyke was ready to rip his hair out. He had no idea where he was heading, and after that fail earlier his head hurt like hell. The sky was pitch dark too; twilight had struck and gone without Scyke noticing at all. Zap sighed and his belly moaned. Both trainer and Pokemon were hungry, and Scyke was sure Snowy wouldn't mind some food too. "Aight, we'll make camp here... hopefully there isn't like a Usaring or something lurking somewhere." An awkward little laugh later, Scyke found a clear patch of grass and then settled down, bringing out a tub of Pokemon food and a sandwich or himself. "Urgh, it sucks that I can't cook at all; this way I'll have to live off sandwiches. I could do with some fried Magikarp right now..." Scyke let Snowy out of it's Pokeball and all three of them started stuffing their faces with food. None had eaten since Oldale Town, and Zap and Snowy were knackered after some encounters with wild Pokemon on the way.

After finishing what was planned as dinner, Scyke brought out a sleeping bag and crawled into it. He was annoyed that everything had to be done in the dark, but since Scyke had lived all his life in Lilycove City he had no kind of outdoor training such as making a basic fire. Both Zap and Snover also finished their meals and lied down close to Scyke, satisfied and ready to sleep. Just when Scyke was about to snooze however, a little green bug twitched on his nose. Lazily opening one eye, Scyke eyed what was annoying him in this time of night. Before he could see it however, his face suddenly was covered with a web-like thing and Scyke started panicking on what the hell just happened. Being constrained by the sleeping bag, Scyke just about managed to burst free out of his "bed" and ripped the cobweb out of his face. In-front of him was a green bug, with huge eyes and a pink antenna-like thing stuck on it's forehead. Scyke brought out his Pokedex out of his backpack and pointed it towards the wild Pokemon.

"So it's a Caterpie, eh? A Bug type Pokemon. Well, that didn't help that much," sighed Scyke, closing the little encyclopedia and putting it away, "I guess we'll just have to battle you then. Zap, I choose you! Thundershock!" Zap blinked in surprise by the command from his trainer; wasn't everyone asleep just a minute ago? The electric mouse jumped up and found his opponent, before glowing yellow and then releasing a yellow lightning bolt out of his body towards the Caterpie, who was shocked before and after the attack landed on it. It was only curious on what the strange thing was and had only let out a String Shot towards the human because it was frightened but now it was battling? It had only recently came out of an egg, and was just a little lost in the darkness of the woods. Mama Butterfree wasn't going to be happy if she saw what was happening.

The Caterpie absorbed the Thundershock well and stood firm, although it had taken quite a bit of damage from it. It then charged towards Zap, who then bounced pack after a Tackle from Caterpie. "Zap, don't let this little thing defeat you! Thundershock, again!" Zap quickly recovered from the Tackle and then rose up to strike another bolt of electricity towards the wile Caterpie, which was now literally fried. Scyke hastily searched for an empty Pokeball in one of the pockets of his bag and threw it towards the Caterpie.

"Pokeball, GO!"

The Pokeball flew and took in the wild Caterpie, and started to wobble right away. Scyke fixed his eyes on the shaking sphere, hoping that he had made two catches in one day. Had he?

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
"I'm sorry to heat that. My father just went and left my family to be Pokemon Master." As they began to chat, Carol came strolling by, carrying a large bag of food and supplies for them. Delibird was sitting on her head and she looked over the large bag to see them. "Hello! I managed to find some decent stuff in the ruckus. Any of you guys hungry?" Rick smiled and got up, offering his hand over to the girl, making sure that it was clear that she was a friend to him. "By the way, what's your name?"​

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
The Chase Continues

Jupiter and Aquaseas continued searching around the lake. Temperature have dropped down even more than before, all the people have left for Oldale.

Jupe clutched his coat tightly. The howling cold winds were striking his bare skin like lances. But Aquaseas seemed to enjoy the rough weather, as the other visitor pokémon did. He still glowed with the white aura, Jupe smiled to himself how strong and beautiful his pokémon was going to be. . .

His thought was scrambled off by a soft moan. Aquaseas' fin vibrated softly, he had tracked something. With a loud growl he dashed forward, Jupiter trailing behind him.. Their chase was short as they soon came face to face with their target, the Vanillite that escaped their wrath (?). Aquaseas went for a tackle but a counter attack threw him off.

"F#@$%!!!", Jupiter yelled in surprise. The Vanillite had pimped a Seel to protect it from others, especially from 'a boy and his mudkip'. . .

Seel went for another tackle but Aquaseas held his ground.. It sprayed him with water gun, again tackle then a good slam.

"What are you...", his words were cut short as another tackle came at Mudkip. He was panting but he still looked alright. He turned at Jupite and nodded, the message was clear to Jupe.

"Alright then.. Hold tight Aquaseas.", another tackle came head on. His fin glowed, and it seem that Mudkip grinned. The Seel got startled by the strong glow.. They took advantage of it.

"OK.. Now use the power of Bide and show who is daddy here!", Aquaseas slammed on the Seel like a vicious steam engine.. It rolled back and got stunned.

"Pummel it with tackles!", his rage haven't died out.. Slew of tackles gave it no moment to gain back strength. Aquaseas finished off the Seel with a mud slap!

"NOW YOU, my precious Vanillite!", but something strange was underway. The aura around Aquaseas rose to a hundred times, a metamorphosis was sure taking place.. As the light faded, Jupiter was looking at a different pokémon!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
∣ PROJECT: Eris
Aw1lIZf.png
625.png
Rustboro Ruins

Chapter One: Part Eight
Ashes of Beauty

Her expression lightened as food arrived, even moreso as the young man offered her his hand. Eris smiled softly (if not slightly nervously) and accepted the hand offered to her, a faint blush forming across her cheeks. It seemed she might have found what she was really looking for: friends. Or even greater: love. However, when this thought came to her mind, she immediately shot it away. She still didn't know who this guy was or if he was the right one for her. Friend was a good start, though. She hadn't anticipated finding one ever! She followed the man wherever he was leading her, nearly silent (as she resisted letting her fingers tremble in the guy's hand). "U-um, call me Eris... That's the only name I know..."

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
Rick noticed the girl blush as he took her hand, and being so close to her he realized that she was actually quite attractive. She seemed sweet and goodhearted and besides his desire to know more about Burst Hearts, he felt genuinely interested in knowing more about her. Carol began pouring out some bowls of nice soup for the two of them while Delibird came running back to him, jumping onto his arm and climbing up to his shoulder. Crawling over to his other side, he noticed Eris and began sniffing her, trying to understand what she was since her sent was a mixture of both humans and pokemon.

"So, do you have any specific destination or are you just aimlessly plotting?"​

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Aw1lIZf.png
625.png
Rustboro Ruins

Chapter One: Part Nine
Ashes of Beauty

"So, do you have any specific destination or are you just aimlessly plotting?"

He led her over and the girl from earlier was pouring something that smelled pretty good into some bowls. Eris found a place to seat herself, her skin (very slowly) returning to its regular complexion. "I've just been following the paths... I don't know my way around anywhere except the small forest outside the lab... And we're far from there..." She fidgeted in her seat, seemingly a bit flustered. "It's not easy going to places you don't know about... Even if they look gorgeous..." She sighed a bit, resting her head over one hand. "I'll admit my time out here hasn't been easy... But I don't know different, other than being held prisoner in that awful place..." She fidgeted in place. "I-I'm sorry if I say something weird... I wasn't taught much except how to fight... I don't know what's normal."

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
"I wouldn't know much about normality. Everyone I've ever known has put fighting above anything else. Everyone seems to love the idea to duking it out with others using their Pokemon. I on the other hand really love learning. I'm constantly studying and finding new information."

"Um, Cache, sir? Ma'am? If you'd like, we could head over to the Rustboro Tunnel. I heard a couple trainers talking about how the tunnel collapsed and now there are rare and wild Pokemon hiding out in the nearby grass. We could go and catch some new Pokemon and strengthen our parties?" Carol took some sips of her soup while Rick thought about it. Delibird began sniffing Eris some more and deciding that she wasn't a threat, climbed over and nestled his head against her cheek. Rick noticed her skin return to a normal pigment. It was a nice shade and it brought out her eyes more, keeping his attention drawn to them more.

"If the Rustboro Tunnel was destroyed, then that means that Team Gaia is behind it, which means we should definitely inspect in. Battling wild pokemon will be useful as well, and having to deal with some rare pokemon means that we can chance upon some powerful Pokemon. What do you say Eris?"​

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Aw1lIZf.png
625.png
Rustboro Ruins

Chapter One: Part Ten
Ashes of Beauty

"I would agree... I don't like fighting... Unless it's necessary, which isn't common." She turned her attention to the young woman who she now knew as the Rick's assistant, Carol. "Tunnel collapse..." She mumbled to herself, and then turned her attention to Rick. Rick happened to be looking her directly in the eyes, to which she immediately turned her attention away, her face burning up with a pinkish tint once more. He suggested that they head toward the tunnel, and catch some rare Pokemon.

"Umm... Okay if you want..." She felt her stomach growl, though chose to ignore it for the time being, continuing to speak, "but I don't catch Pokemon or anything... And I don't have much of an interest to." She stood herself up slowly, trying her best to relax herself silently so that her skin would lighten once more. "I suppose... To be a more purposeful part of your team, I should start training to fight again..."

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
"You don't need to catch any Pokemon if you don't want to. I'm only going after Pokemon because I'm not physically strong enough to fight Gaia myself. And my only heavy hitters in my party is Slug made of lava and a baby deer that has a flower growing out of its head. So I need tougher pokemon. But you seem very strong yourself. Everyone has their own pros and cons." Rick finished up his soup and got up as well, Carol following in suit. Delibird still seemed to be holding onto Eris's shoulder, liking the girl very much.

"And I'm not just interested in catching Pokemon. We'll learn more about Team Gaia by inspecting what they can do. Collapsing an entire tunnel is not an easy feat."​

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Aw1lIZf.png
625.png
Rustboro Ruins

Chapter Two: Part One
Team Player

"And I'm not just interested in catching Pokemon. We'll learn more about Team Gaia by inspecting what they can do. Collapsing an entire tunnel is not an easy feat."

"You'd be surprised..." She sighed quietly. "They have very powerful weapons... And that's probably my fault..." She lowered her head slowly. "I think they made those weapons by researching on me." She dropped the subject entirely, seemingly in an attempt to cheer herself up. "I... I am strong, I'm just not good at fighting... And my aim needs work..." Eris felt her stomach groan in complaint, certainly at a more noticeable volume this time, though she acted as if it hadn't happened, picking herself up and preparing for more travel; but this time with company.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
Rick picked up the still full bowl of soup that Eris had left, giving it to Eris. "Here, if we do run into Team Gaia, we'll need to you fully charged. Don't go into battle on a hungry stomach." Carol put everything she collected into her satchel and got up along with them. "Yeah, and if you need some training, I'm certain Cache can give you some pointers. He's wicked strong and very smart."

Rick paid no mind to Carol's complements, focusing more on trying to understand what the limitations a Burst Warrior had. Eris seemed to have enhanced strength and speed, as well as iron endurance, probably from her steel type. But did that mean that she too was subject to the same vulnerabilities that a steel type pokemon had? Did fire hurt her the same as it hurt a magnemite?

"I don't mind having a practice match with you, though I'd like to do this in the wild. I'd rather not damage my home town more than it already has."​

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Aw1lIZf.png
625.png
Rustboro Ruins

Chapter Two: Part Two
Team Player

"I don't mind having a practice match with you, though I'd like to do this in the wild. I'd rather not damage my home town more than it already has."

Eris squirmed as he spoke. "Wha--? Oh, no no no... I couldn't fight you, I couldn't. I don't want to use this power on anyone who doesn't deserve it..." She accepted the bowl of soup, lifting the bowl up to her mouth and tilting it to drink. She hadn't bothered to blow on it, and was drinking the soup even while steaming. She seemed to be drinking it in a hurry, trying her best not to slow down the group. She succeeded, finishing the bowl in less than a minute, panting and catching her breath afterward. "That was delicious," she complimented, exhaling one last time and making sure her breath was balanced once more. "I'll train on the Wild Pokemon if they attack, but otherwise it wouldn't be very kind to attack the innocent ones..."

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
"well then, I suggest we get going to the Tunnel then, eh fellows? I'll lead the way!" Carol declared, leading the group. She seemed to forget that Rick had lived quite some time here and so had visited the Rustboro Tunnel quite a lot before this and knew the way. But following Carol gave him a nice chance to walk with Eris some more. He reached over to take her hand again, hoping to enjoy a nice conversation while they walked.

"So, you mention a lab. Do you happen to know where it might have been? I don't mind looking in to it to find more about it."​

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Aw1lIZf.png
625.png
Rustboro Ruins

Chapter Two: Part Three
Team Player

The immediate feeling of Rick's hand wrapping around hers caused Eris to light up instantaneously. Despite this, she didn't pull away and seemed fine with being led wherever they were headed. She felt comfortable, yet at the same time awkward and nervous. Blushing aside, the conversation that followed served as a nice distraction from whatever unusual feelings she was experiencing. "Uh, the Gaia lab..." She spoke, as if having trouble remembering it. "I... Don't remember where it is, sorry... I got free a long time ago..."

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
"I see. It's a shame. I'd hate to see the guys that did this to you just walk away freely. But they're just giving me more reasons for wanting to shut down their horrible organization." But the thought of Gaia seemed too redundant. He didn't know much about this woman, and she seemed too amazing in his eyes as of now. "So...What do you like to do for fun when you aren't saving people from burning buildings?"​

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Aw1lIZf.png
625.png
Rustboro Ruins

Chapter Two: Part Four
Team Player

Eris felt herself continue to blush, despite her own trying to cease it, as Rick questioned her personal life. "Uh, um..." She fidgeted, something that seemed to happen frequently when she felt this way. "I... I don't know... Admiring buildings and flowers and land... Maybe stargazing...?" She kept her line of sight away from Rick's, seemingly trying not to make eye contact.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
Rick smiled, seeing the hobby match her almost perfectly. They say people that admired the beauty around them were often self conscious about their own self. And Eris definitely showed signs of being self-conscious. But he didn't want to go into it, since people didn't take kindly to people examining them. "We seem to be making goo pace. Within an hour we'll make it out of Rustboro and into the wild. Now tell me, if I gave you some pointers, would you be interested in using your own Pokemon? I don't even mind giving you one to start off with."​

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Aw1lIZf.png
625.png
Rustboro Ruins

Chapter Two: Part Five
Team Player

She paused for a moment, then shook her head. "N-no, I couldn't... I wouldn't feel right using them to fight for me... Then I'd be no better than those awful scientists who used me..." She clasped her free hand into a fist, watching it while it rested over her chest. "... But I will help to stop them... And I want to find my father and try to understand what's wrong with me..."

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
"I don'y think that there's anything wrong with you really. Sure you have a few physical differences from normal people, but I have a few mental differences from normal people and there's nothing wrong with me. You just need to learn to find more people that are capable of understanding that people can be different." Rick felt sorry for Eris's low confidence, but he was sure that the longer they adventured together, the better she would get as time went on.

As they talked, they began to make pace and were coming close to the end of Rustboro's destroyed home and getting closer to the destroyed tunnel. Which meant wild Pokemon would be coming out soon enough.​

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Aw1lIZf.png
625.png
Rustboro Ruins

Chapter Two: Part Six
Team Player

Eris nodded quietly, seeming to have no more input on the subject. "..." She had opened her mouth to speak, but quickly closed it after a moment of silence. She let her free hand fall to her side. "Um..." She seemed to be struggling to figure out something to say. "Uh... Mm... What happens... What happens after we defeat Gaia? And what if there's no way to fix this...?" She examined her arm, bladed and armored, with leathery fingerless gloves at the end, matching the metal in color and shine. "There's always a possibility that this can't be reversed..."

Back