• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Trainer Classes?

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 4, 2019
Hopefully they put it some theme appropriate classes for the region.

I think everyone has said Mime.
Singer
Soldier
Interpol agent
Fashion stylist
Chef
Bicycle rider (it's Europe, it'll fit perfectly)
Squatters (never move from their location)
Village idiot

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oooh, yes fashion designer and model sounds good. We had models in B2W2, but only in a gym. It'd be nice to battle them elsewhere, like perhaps a modeling institute or somet-- I must post that idea somewhere omg.

Years
I'm assuming that one we can expect to see is a Rollerskater/blader class (judging by the trailer).

Other than that, maybe some more type-specific trainers like Chemist (Poison), Miner (Rock/Ground), Speed/Figure Skater (Ice), etc. I'd also like to see a Carpenter, but I don't know what type of Pokemon they would use.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
I can't remember, have we had CLOWNS yet? LOL Clowns would be freaky, they'll pop up in the dark and challenge you! I've got heaps of ideas for trainer classes:
Zombie Trainer : They'll be reborn from the dead and challenge you hehe
Technology Geek
Hardcore Body Builder
Pirate
Samurai Bob
A man in a Magikarp uniform!!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... it's hard to think of a new type of trainer class for the new games, 'cause most of them are already used in previous generations.

Hm... I wonder if Pilot could be a new trainer class? If that hasn't been used in Generation V that is... (since I have a terrible memory. xD)

Has Engineer and Conductor been used before? We know Ingo and Emmet have a similar trainer class, but what if there's trainers that have that sort of trainer class at a train station or something?

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2020
I think there should be some impostor-heroes and villains for you to battle. As in, there are trainers that dress up as iconic people/organizations (Red, elite four members, team rocket, etc.) and pretend like they are that person or part of that organization. Heck, they could make that a plot point in-game to fight a small group of impostor Rockets or Magmas/Aquas/Galactics causing trouble.

Although, I also think that they need to make character customization available. I want the chance to customize my own character that roams the land.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
umm, lets see, ghosts would be nice, going though another cemetery but this time most of the trainers are ghosts. oh, a patient! they could say something along the lines of: "my arm may be broken but my pokemon can still battle!" then be defeated and say "ow, no fair, my arm still hurts..." then one with brain damage that speaks nonsense, a baby, expecting mother maybe, new father, new mother, i've got this whole hospital theme now.
cool kid blank who wears sun glasses and acts cool, nerd (they'll probably just stick with school kid), have they had teachers yet? maybe a robot.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I do have a couple of hopes of my own:

• Coach
  • Maybe some sort of specture believer
  • Race Car Driver
  • Blacksmith
  • Action Movie Star

Well, those are at the top of my head so far~ There's more, but, I just can't think of them right now.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Theres just o so many things they could do with teainer classes we could fight firemen emt's
Stylelist hardcore business men piolts flight attendents maybe former gym leaders or high school punks theres endless possibilitys just depends how far they will take it

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
How about Designer? Paris is one of the major fashion capitols in the world and has been for decades. It'd be neat to throw a Designer class in there. As well as Stylist (hair stylist ofc). Artist definitely has to come back for this gen, too. Definitely Chef. Ooh, a Noble! c: That'd be neat. Mime, Tourist, Harlequin should make a comeback, too.

I like designer and stylist and artist with a smeargle evolution

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
umm, lets see, ghosts would be nice, going though another cemetery but this time most of the trainers are ghosts. oh, a patient! they could say something along the lines of: "my arm may be broken but my pokemon can still battle!" then be defeated and say "ow, no fair, my arm still hurts..." then one with brain damage that speaks nonsense, a baby, expecting mother maybe, new father, new mother, i've got this whole hospital theme now.
cool kid blank who wears sun glasses and acts cool, nerd (they'll probably just stick with school kid), have they had teachers yet? maybe a robot.

I don't see them doing patients, really. Like doctors/nurses are okay, but I think in the Pokemon world everything needs to appear as normal as it can for the humans in it, and given that the only "hospitals" and "Doctors" and "Nurses" are for Pokemon, then you'd be taking it a little out of the Pokemon realm. In that world, people are invincible and heal on their own, pretty much. ;(

Maybe an expectant mother, but she'd need to be a "Fan" because from the patterns we've seen, the more parent-y ones generally are Fans (in terms of their classes) of a certain Pokemon, and therefore said Pokemon would help her raise the children. That's how I see it, though. Babies generally aren't really a big thing in the Pokemon world, and in Sinnoh it certainly looked strange to have mothers pushing babies because it just seemed out of place. If X/Y were to have that (luckily B/W skipped that!) then I think it might ruin the boundaries between the real world and the Pokemon world, which luckily were left in Sinnoh for now.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I wouldn't mind seeing connoisseurs, chefs, ballerinas, ice skaters, rollerbladers and skateboarders, models, fashion designers, mimes. Things that you'd see in France or around Europe. If the region were to be set in Britain and not likely France, then I wouldn't have mind seeing trainer classes that resemble the Welsh Guards.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I wouldn't mind seeing connoisseurs, chefs, ballerinas, ice skaters, rollerbladers and skateboarders, models, fashion designers, mimes. Things that you'd see in France or around Europe. If the region were to be set in Britain and not likely France, then I wouldn't have mind seeing trainer classes that resemble the Welsh Guards.

Oh the guards! I think their designs/character could be somewhat amusing if they only went like "..." constantly, because ofc they can move otherwise how else will they challenge you! Nevertheless they'd be an interesting replacement for police. :)

blue

gucci
Years
I think they have a great window to introduce a handful of creative trainer classes based upon Europe. They introduced a fair few with Gen V since that was a New York based region in which saw the likes of Hoopsters, Footballers, Dancers, Bakers, Doctors, Hooligans, Janitors, Clerks, Backpackers, etc. They could be really creative and inteocuded a nice diverse mix of European Trainer Classes such as Guards, Tourists, Mimes, Students, Farmers... the list is endless.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
I certainly would love to see Priests, Fencers, Food Critics, and Stodgy Frenchmen appear. As for new trainer types that wouldn't be relative to the new setting, perhaps we would finally see the rise of Geneticist, a trainer class that has high-level, fully-evolved teams with 31 IVs in every stat and well-rounded movesets. It could also poke fun at all the metagamers out there, which Black 2 introduced with a solitary Ace Trainer.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I want more chefs. Sure BW had them, but I want male chefs besides the female ones, and since this is France I honestly wouldn't mind a Gym Leader chef.

Back