• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Tale (Now Recruiting!)

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
Years
Hey everyone! Zanny77 here with another hack! I need a team for this one, so I'm now recruiting!

Intro:
I remembering originally finding Pokecommunity in 2008, and starting a now very dead hack, Pokemon: Gothic Black. Since then, I've come back, and me and my girlfriend have decided to make our own Pokemon hack, called Pokemon: Tale of the Thunder God. We want to bring our own Pokemon experiences to the table and make our own story, trying to break free a bit from the traditional Pokemon mold.

My girlfriend and I have been able to create the story, background, and characters. I am able to insert sprites, do basic scripts, and create original music. My girlfriend (who will make a PC account soon) can map out areas in AdvanceMap, and has created the regional Pokedex, as well as scoped out the trainer battles in the game.

About the hack:
A war has broken out between two countries. The nation to the South has found a plot of land thought to be unclaimed, and sent a team to scope it out. The nation to the North, however, claims the land is theirs. There are arguments between the two, but it reaches a head when the scouting team breaks news of whats in the territory: an abandoned power plant, supposedly housing a very powerful Pokemon. The North nation sets up a perimeter and says they will kill anyone else found in the area. When more scouts are sent in, they are shot and killed, leading to the South declaring war.
You start out in a port town used by the military to refuel their Navy ships. The town has been blockaded off for security reasons, and you and your friends are getting antsy. Can you and your friends make a difference in this big world?

Needed Members:
The different people I will need are:

Tile Mappers: I need someone who can create the country. I would love to have custom tiles to work with instead of all the regular tiles. If you wish to fill this role, be ready to talk with me about specific tiles needed as well.

Advanced Scripter: I can do basic scripts, but the advanced scripts are very confusing to me. If you wish to fill this role, be ready to have me give you parts of the dialogue and have you work out the script.

OW Maker: I need someone to make new OW's for many different people, including the 3 main characters, the military members, and others. You do not necessarily need to be able to provide battle sprites for these, but if you are able to that's even better.

Trainer Battle Spriter: I need someone to make the battle sprites for the new trainers and for the main characters. Again, this can be combined with OW Maker, that would be even better, but if not, I will need a separate person to work with the OW Maker.

The Form:
Please fill out this form if you wish to fill these roles:

Position Applying For:
Proof of Work (If any):
Availability and Time Zone:
How Busy is Your Life? Will You Be Able to Consistently Provide?:
Favorite Pokemon:

Thanks for being interested in joining this team! I know this hack is gonna be great! Thanks and have a good day!

Last edited:

ShockHERO

#TeamSonia Member
Years
Proof of Work (If any): I can sprite a little bit and also look to my thread for the proof of me making Plots and Storylines

Availability and Time Zone: Im active most of the time and my Time Zone is - 05:00 Eastern US and Canada

How Busy is Your Life? Will You Be Able to Consistently Provide?: Im not that busy, until I get a job or i have errands to run which wont be for a long time. so Ya im not that busy, and that depends on how we will be sending Files and the ROM

Favorite Pokemon: Tepig and Cyndaquil

By the way...your plot looks like mine a little bit

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
Years
Proof of Work (If any): I can sprite a little bit and also look to my thread for the proof of me making Plots and Storylines

Availability and Time Zone: Im active most of the time and my Time Zone is - 05:00 Eastern US and Canada

How Busy is Your Life? Will You Be Able to Consistently Provide?: Im not that busy, until I get a job or i have errands to run which wont be for a long time. so Ya im not that busy, and that depends on how we will be sending Files and the ROM

Favorite Pokemon: Tepig and Cyndaquil

By the way...your plot looks like mine a little bit

What position exactly are you looking to apply for?
Also which hack do you think has a similar story? I looked at the team crescent one and those stories aren't similar at all.

ShockHERO

#TeamSonia Member
Years
What position exactly are you looking to apply for?
Also which hack do you think has a similar story? I looked at the team crescent one and those stories aren't similar at all.

The Fact that there was a war between two sides. Is the only Similarity i could see but I took the whole Legend route. And As for position..... I guess It could be like for Side Plot and Spriting.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
Years
The Fact that there was a war between two sides. Is the only Similarity i could see but I took the whole Legend route. And As for position..... I guess It could be like for Side Plot and Spriting.

Oh, well that's not much similarity at all, ok.
We don't need any help with any plot or story elements, all that is already 100% done. If you want, you can apply to make tile sets, OWs, or Trainer sprites.

ShockHERO

#TeamSonia Member
Years
Oh, well that's not much similarity at all, ok.
We don't need any help with any plot or story elements, all that is already 100% done. If you want, you can apply to make tile sets, OWs, or Trainer sprites.

I can do trainer sprites.

Sunbean

Breeeeeder
Years
Position Applying For: OW and Trainer Spriting. I can also script and map a bit if you need assistance with the basic stuff.
Proof of Work (If any): I'm on my phone, but I'll PM you some of my sprites.
Availability and Time Zone: Wednesday, and Friday-Sunday.
How Busy is Your Life? Will You Be Able to Consistently Provide?: Pretty busy, but if you ever need something I'll help as soon and quickly as possible.
Favorite Pokemon: Bidoof!

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
Years
Position Applying For: OW and Trainer Spriting. I can also script and map a bit if you need assistance with the basic stuff.
Proof of Work (If any): I'm on my phone, but I'll PM you some of my sprites.
Availability and Time Zone: Wednesday, and Friday-Sunday.
How Busy is Your Life? Will You Be Able to Consistently Provide?: Pretty busy, but if you ever need something I'll help as soon and quickly as possible.
Favorite Pokemon: Bidoof!

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Awesome! Just PM some work and we'll go from there!

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
Years
OK, a bit of an update, we're still waiting on a reply from Sunbean, but all positions as of now are still open if you want to join the team!

Back