• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
this is only an issue if you started playing during an early beta (or any other game) then switched to the newest one... because the newer patches give you the national dex immediately... but the old ones (or the original game) give it to you after beating the e4...

the only way I know to fix it... would be to save you game just before fighting the champ... switch back to an unhacked Fire Red game and beat him, and after oak gives you the national dex switch back to the hacked game...

you will miss a little of the story that oak tells you after the e4 fights... but he just sends you to 4 points to catch rare pokemon... nothing major...

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2013
I'm having the same problem that was described on the previous page. I load the game (version 1.21) on Visual Boy Advance (version 1.8) having set the save to Flash 128K. It loads to the title screen and when I press start the screen goes white. Apparently pressing L or R brings up the 'Help Screen', but other than that, just whiteness.

Years
Hey man, all I can say about this game (because it's a complete game, not a hack, even more complete than FireRed itself) is that is completely AWESOME, like, having the chance to get all the pokemon in 1 save is great opportunity and great addition.

Is how it is, but think it would be cool that you implemented some kind of feature on the Mystery Gift, I don't know, special items such as the Mach an Acro bikes (if it is possible to make them work properly in FR), or even pokemon eggs wich contains special pokemon with special moves (like for example what you did with Pichu).
I don't know if it is possible to make something like that but if not there's no worries, the game is perfect as it is.

And I have a question:
I was playing FR on a normal ROM, and then download your game UV, so all I did was transfer the saves from FireRed to Ultra Violet.
Doing that I did no start a new game on UV, so I do not have a National Dex yet. Will I get one the normal way after beating the E4, or will I have to start the game all over?

Congratulations on your work and thank you immensely for this wonderful game.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Hey man, all I can say about this game (because it's a complete game, not a hack, even more complete than FireRed itself) is that is completely AWESOME, like, having the chance to get all the pokemon in 1 save is great opportunity and great addition.

Is how it is, but think it would be cool that you implemented some kind of feature on the Mystery Gift, I don't know, special items such as the Mach an Acro bikes (if it is possible to make them work properly in FR), or even pokemon eggs wich contains special pokemon with special moves (like for example what you did with Pichu).
I don't know if it is possible to make something like that but if not there's no worries, the game is perfect as it is.

And I have a question:
I was playing FR on a normal ROM, and then download your game UV, so all I did was transfer the saves from FireRed to Ultra Violet.
Doing that I did no start a new game on UV, so I do not have a National Dex yet. Will I get one the normal way after beating the E4, or will I have to start the game all over?

Congratulations on your work and thank you immensely for this wonderful game.

wow thanks :)

the mystery gift idea is cool... I dont know if its possible.. but I dont see why not... just dont know how... yet ;)
it would be cool if the player gets to a certain event and gets an item via mystery gift... (the bikes work fine in FR btw)

as for the national dex... you WONT get it the normal way (maybe I shoulda left that code in) I suggest, just before beating the champ (or anytime before) switch to regular fire red, so when you reset (after the credits) and talk to oak he will give you the national dex... then switch back to ultra violet... ;)

you will miss a lil story where Oak tells you to go to 4-points isle... but it is not really important... he just wants you to complete the pokedex :)

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
wow thanks :)

the mystery gift idea is cool... I dont know if its possible.. but I dont see why not... just dont know how... yet ;)
it would be cool if the player gets to a certain event and gets an item via mystery gift... (the bikes work fine in FR btw)

as for the national dex... you WONT get it the normal way (maybe I shoulda left that code in) I suggest, just before beating the champ (or anytime before) switch to regular fire red, so when you reset (after the credits) and talk to oak he will give you the national dex... then switch back to ultra violet... ;)

you will miss a lil story where Oak tells you to go to 4-points isle... but it is not really important... he just wants you to complete the pokedex :)

Actually the Acro Bike's ASM has been removed, unfortunately. I may be putting it back in for my hack, I don't know yet. If I do, I'll be sure to let you know and I'll share it in resources or something.

Years
OK then thaks a lot I guess I'll start all over, I don't have a problem with that.

Thanks for taking my suggestion I hope you can make it work :)

And one more question, what use does the White Ball has?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Actually the Acro Bike's ASM has been removed, unfortunately. I may be putting it back in for my hack, I don't know yet. If I do, I'll be sure to let you know and I'll share it in resources or something.

Really, well I know the sprite and items are still in the game... I would be interested in that data if you end up making it... could be useful ;)

Soldier Randy said:
OK then thaks a lot I guess I'll start all over, I don't have a problem with that.

Thanks for taking my suggestion I hope you can make it work

And one more question, what use does the White Ball has?

White Ball does nothing lol, i just renamed the Premier ball and gave it a lil story... asthetics only its got the same stats as a pokeball... sadly

Years
While we're on the topic of pokeballs, quick question from me - are there enough masterballs scattered around the game to catch all the legendaries, or am I going to have to attempt capturing a few of them without one?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
While we're on the topic of pokeballs, quick question from me - are there enough masterballs scattered around the game to catch all the legendaries, or am I going to have to attempt capturing a few of them without one?

there are only the 5 you get from the ceo... so you will need to use other balls for the rest... save 1 for the roaming dog ;)

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2013
Locksmith, please see my entry on page 5. I really want to play UV, but so far I still can't.

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2013
Thanks. I had tried that twice before, but I got a good one now. All that's left is to catch that starter Dratini!

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2013
Hey, first off, gotta say, this is my favourite Pokemon hack, hands down.

I'm just having a bit of trouble with the breeding, I thought it'd be easier than going out and buying pokemon or catching more than one of the same type, but everytime I put a ditto in with any pokemon, male or female, they dont seem to like each other much...

Hey, first off, gotta say, this is my favourite Pokemon hack, hands down.

I'm just having a bit of trouble with the breeding, I thought it'd be easier than going out and buying pokemon or catching more than one of the same type, but everytime I put a ditto in with any pokemon, male or female, they dont seem to like each other much...

Hah! My bad., I just went back and the day care dude had 2 eggs for me, brilliant! Love this hack soooooooooooooooo much :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
-UPDATE (1.22)-
I have added a way for players that dont have the ability to use in game saves to skip the game reset after the e4... that is the only thing that has been changed... enjoy

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
First I just want to say great job with this hack! Second, I want to thank you for your commitment to the community. I've been playing this on my S3 and I am hooked! Quick question if anyone could help me out. I imported my save from vanilla Fire Red after installing the Ultra Violet patch. At the time I was already at the second gym. Is there anyway for me to get the second fossil (I choose the Helix) and is there anyway to get the national pokedex? I have the feeling I'll have to start over to get them but I'm thinking MAYBE there is another way? I went back to Mt. Moon and the super nerd is gone so I guess I'm out of luck with the fossil. Also Professor Oak doesn't mention anything about the national dex. I'm hoping maybe there is another way maybe? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
First I just want to say great job with this hack! Second, I want to thank you for your commitment to the community. I've been playing this on my S3 and I am hooked! Quick question if anyone could help me out. I imported my save from vanilla Fire Red after installing the Ultra Violet patch. At the time I was already at the second gym. Is there anyway for me to get the second fossil (I choose the Helix) and is there anyway to get the national pokedex? I have the feeling I'll have to start over to get them but I'm thinking MAYBE there is another way? I went back to Mt. Moon and the super nerd is gone so I guess I'm out of luck with the fossil. Also Professor Oak doesn't mention anything about the national dex. I'm hoping maybe there is another way maybe? Thanks for any help you can give me.

easiest way to get the national dex is switch back to vanilla red before you beat the e4...

since the nerd tooke the dome fossil you wont be able to get it again... sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back