• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
i've been able to work around alot of errors i've come across, but this error is by far the most annoying.
Code:
Exception: Errno::EACCES
SpriteResizer:85:in `delete'
SpriteResizer:85:in `snap_to_bitmap'
PokemonField:195:in `pbBattleAnimation'
PokemonField:393:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:701:in `pbOnStepTaken'
Game_Player*:623:in `update_old'
Walk/Run:57:in `update'
Scene_Map:100:in `update'
Scene_Map:97:in `loop'
Scene_Map:110:in `update'
i've tried everything to find and fix this error with no success. it always happens right before the transition from the map to the battle field. i've looked through the transition scripts and editted things here and there, in hope to solve this error. no luck. has anybody else gotten this error? is there a way to fix this?!

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
thankz crzy ill check it out right now.
edit: yeah it worked but and that also solved another problem of mine to thankz

Last edited:

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
I have 4 questions. =)

1)How do you make gym badges?

2)How do you make the whole hall of fame and credits after setup?

3)I need more npc's. Where is a good site that has them?

4)how do you make cut scenes(ex.pokemon emerald sootopolis city)?
Thanks =)

Last edited:

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
1. Look in the notes. You just add the pictures of the badges and use $Trainer.badges[X]=true where [X] is the badge number.
2.Dunno
3.Go to the Spriters Resource(No link)
4.Not real sure on that one...

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2008
I got an problem that no one answer me about month:
Why every time im fishing,the map became to a dive map(the underwater map),and all the tile in this map become to blue?,the fishing was fine before,and I didnt do anything special...
Oh,and pkmn.master-you can get sprites for pokemon(and rmxp) if you download "Pokemon Bad Lands",it has a lot of sprites,but everything eles in there isn't something...(just the sprites and the tile&actutile)
and about the cutscenes,you can use the option "set move route".
Its in the second pages of the comments.

Last edited:

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Years
I have some questions.

In the latest version. What moves are programmed in?

FR/LG, R/S/E, DP?

Also what level moves do the old Pokemon follow? Advance games or DP?

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
Years
thankz crzy ill check it out right now.
edit: yeah it worked but and that also solved another problem of mine to thankz

no problem. took about a month to figure it out but i got there. and what other problem did it solve?

Question;
Dont know if it's been asked if so i most of missed it. but has anyone make the battle animation for his kit yet? i tried and couldnt understand how to do it.

BlueEew - if im not mistaking its all D/P move sets. but not all the moves are programmed into the game. I may be wrong.

Last edited:

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
Nothing from D/P except the font and the Pokemon are implemented into the kit yet. And don't bother with the abilities or attacks. I tried. Didn't work...

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
it works you go into the database in order to do the animations of the attacks.
and also it solved the pokemon needed problem that deletes the event where you cant go to route 1 without a pokemon.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
1. Look in Walk/Run at the line 49. There is if $PokemonGlobal.bicycle. Try to put $game_system.bgm_play(RPG::AudioFile.new("Nameofyourmusic", 100, 100))
I've not tested it, cause I've not yet used the bicycle in my game.

How about the Surfing theme? Is it possible to add a special music to be played when the player is surfing?

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2008
Please I have this problem:

www .youtube.com/watch?v=-4nUUAHXgCI

¿What can i do?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I don't think poccil is planning on adding them. In fact, I think it would be better if he didn't, as it's supposed to be just a starter kit, and adding them yourself isn't that hard, plus it helps you to learn RGSS. Poccil should be worrying about fixing the remaining bugs, especially the animation editor and trading.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
I don't think poccil is planning on adding them. In fact, I think it would be better if he didn't, as it's supposed to be just a starter kit, and adding them yourself isn't that hard, plus it helps you to learn RGSS. Poccil should be worrying about fixing the remaining bugs, especially the animation editor and trading.

there arn't any bugs with the animation editor, and what bugs have you gotten with the trading? (i haven't tried to use the trade system)

Years
there arn't any bugs with the animation editor, and what bugs have you gotten with the trading? (i haven't tried to use the trade system)

Well, u dont often use the animation editor made by poccil... Try to open a slot of animation where there is nothing defined yet and see what happens. It will say that it failed to load the bitmap...

Wichu doesn't speak of the animation editor that u can find in the data basis of rpgmaker, but of the animation editor u can find in the debug menu or in Editor.exe.

Moreover, this editor has a great lot of lags.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years

Well, it's fine if Poccil doesn't plan to add D/P moves since we can do it on our own. However, there's something we can't do at all. For instance, how about the move animations? Btw, I'd like to have the artwork to be like that of Pokemon D/P's and so is with the battle scene. Will it be possible to be made in the next release?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
We could do the animations if poccil fixed the animation editor... And can't you just import the DP resources yourself? Some people (myself included) dislike the DP sprites. And they wouldn't look that good without DP's 3D maps.

Anyway, poccil, if you do plan on upgrading the animation editor, could you add a feature to import/export animations? It would allow us to distribute the task of making animations between us, so it wouldn't take so long.

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
Years
does pioccil ever tell any one when he updates the starter kit? just wondering. anyway if you havnt checked lately there is a upated one from june 24th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back