• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Please have more than one save file!

Chaos Feraligatr

Darkness Bringer
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2010
is anyone else hoping that the new games have atleast 2 save files? that would be so epic in itself.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
Years
True! I want that too! And If it does, when the times come for me to buy both Black and White, I guess It'll be more easier for me to trade over the starters to each game. So I get the three starters.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2010
It would be awesome, but I cant see it happening unfortunately. Nintendo makes there money off people buying multiple copies.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
It would be too easy to abuse the game for starters and such, and anyway, Nintendo wants your money - why have two save files when you can have two games?

Anyway, I like having only one save file. :D
Not as much responsibility, you see. :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
Thats how Nintendo thinks. You will have to buy several games if you dont want to share the file.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
Please don't, imo. More saved files could translate into limited capabilities for the games (since the DS cartridge can only hold so much as of now). I'm happy with the one saved file, and it's like a staple of pokemon. yes having more than one saved file would be awesome, though in a way it could defeat the purpose of trading pkmn, etc. Like why trade for a Tsutaja when you could just start a new file and get one?

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2015
Thats how Nintendo thinks. You will have to buy several games if you dont want to share the file.

then explain the legend of zelda, every game has 2-3 bdifferent save files.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
^ This :D

I would def' want another save file so I could pick and use all the starters without restarting :D

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I used to want it but then i noticed it'd be an easy way for pepole to cheat i.e. more than one legendarie etc.

Years
I have wanted this since the original R/B, but I really highly doubt it will happen. Each cartridge is supposed to be YOUR cartridge, and nobody else's. As people have said, it is to make sure you get only one event pokemon or legendary.

Personally, I use a game save backup device like Action Replay, though to be honest I haven't started any new games. Pokemon is so slow that I only want to play the main story once per game.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
Years

Hahahah, please THINK before posting.
When playinjg Zelda, you just go through the story and have a great time and you're done.
When playing pokemon, you trade, collect pokemon, and items, and every time you play its a different experience. They're two completely different games.

And PipVoda is right. Having a second save file would only mean half the experience of a usual pokemon game.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Not gonna happen. It takes the fun out of... actually, it doesn't harm trading. You can't trade in one Game Card... I don't see why they don't do this?

Back