• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] DonLawride's Digital Art Corner

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
Howdy, folks! I've recently been attempting to improve in the fields of art after switching to the digital medium a few years back. I never really felt like they were worth showing much back then, but after a while practicing, I believe I achieved things that I could actually show (even if it still has room for a lot of improvement).

I mostly create Pokémon fanart, with my original content mixed in from time to time. I don't really produce (or plan on producing at all) NSFW, Gore or otherwise gruesome stuff, so I guess you can expect (or rather, not expect) that much from me.

I should probably also mention I'm exceedingly fond of crossovers.

MIA (Magneton)
m_i_a__by_donlawride-d6n8g5x.png

Probably one of the pieces I'm proudest of, so I figured I should show it first. MIA (with each letter representing a Magnemite) was meant for a group on deviantArt, but I ended up not making much with them. Still, their design was fun to mess with.

Dale (Chespin)
Spoiler:

Also made for a group on dA that hasn't really seen much activity yet.

Team Aqua Pooch (Poochyena)
Spoiler:

This one was made as a reference to this screenshot from ORAS right here:
Spoiler:

Prince of Swords (Mewtwo)
Spoiler:

Crossover of sorts with Legend of Zelda, featuring Mewtwo as Ganondorf-ish. It can probably be passed off as not being a crossover since the designs are just barely similar, but that was, at least, the inspiration.

There's a second version where it is nighttime:
Spoiler:

Challenger Approaching (Zangoose)
Spoiler:

Made for a friend who mained Bowser Jr. in SSB4, who's favorite Pokémon was Zangoose.

Little Makuhita Man (TF2 Cross)
Spoiler:

Featuring the Heavy and the Demoman from TF2, based on the little argument between Team Aqua and Magma admins that takes place in the demo for ORAS.

Blooker (Looker)
Spoiler:

'There is always a lighthouse. There's always a city. There's always a man.' You guessed it, it's Lumiose City and Looker! and totally not Booker and Columbia!

Pooch (Poochyena)
Spoiler:

Wow. Much Pooch. Very Dark.

Fennekin
Spoiler:

L'E'pe'e du He'ros (Riolink)
Spoiler:

This one goes with the Mewtwo picture posted above.

Dungeon (Riolink)
Spoiler:

Possibly my oldest digital work, and one of my first (successful) attempts at it. Despite how dated it is, I'm still very happy with the outcome!

I don't really have a schedule for creating stuff. It depends on whether I've found something that gave me an idea at the appropriate time. Still, I like to do one or two pieces at least once a week, so I'm hoping to keep that schedule up.

Thank you for taking the time to see all of these. c:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
:O

Way too much for me to take in at once. I need time to really settle in and check this out. At a glance though, this is pretty much the epitome of smile art. Looking at it makes me happy. :) Your form is great, your linework is clean and smooth, and your coloring is superb. It would be silly of me to try to critique art as highly developed as this. That said, it certainly doesn't mean I can't have an appreciation for it! It's adorable! Your Pokemon look so expressive and the scenery you build is so rich. The Looker piece really caught my attention, and the Poochyena-Doge is basically the best thing ever, amirite internet?

Clearly you are a seasoned artist, and a passionate one at that. Keep it up, and keep updating if you can! I think there's a lot of people, including myself, who can learn from the content you post. :)

D. Lawride

Years
:O

Way too much for me to take in at once. I need time to really settle in and check this out. At a glance though, this is pretty much the epitome of smile art. Looking at it makes me happy. :) Your form is great, your linework is clean and smooth, and your coloring is superb. It would be silly of me to try to critique art as highly developed as this. That said, it certainly doesn't mean I can't have an appreciation for it! It's adorable! Your Pokemon look so expressive and the scenery you build is so rich. The Looker piece really caught my attention, and the Poochyena-Doge is basically the best thing ever, amirite internet?

Clearly you are a seasoned artist, and a passionate one at that. Keep it up, and keep updating if you can! I think there's a lot of people, including myself, who can learn from the content you post. :)

Ah, you are much too kind! I'm really, really happy to hear that. I'm not entirely happy with my coloring (well, my shading and such) yet, and I'm only just starting to settle on how my linework looks, but if someone likes it, then surely I'm on the right path. And yes, I'm sure the internet will appreciate a Poochyena-doge, hehe. ;)

I actually forgot to add a couple of pictures:

This one goes with the Magneton in the first post. They were in the same team for a group on dA.

And something that isn't Pokémon. I really like Marth's getup, and I happened to have a character to put it on, sort of.

D. Lawride

Years
These are incredible! I'm surprised people are giving it more reaction. these are very clean and nice

Thank you so much! I try to keep the final draft as clean as I can, so it's good to know it can be seen! :D

Two more pieces, an old-ish one and a pretty recent one:

So here's this giant enemy crab...

Featuring Animus from the MIA, the Magneton in the first post.

Back