• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you dislike about your family?

Years
If you haven't guessed yet, the title is the topic. Conflicting Personalties? Difference in opinion? Daily annoyances? Don't like them but don't know why? Other Reasons? Vent out here, just.... don't explode. I don't want this thread to be responsible for people receiving infraction points, but other than that, have fun with it!

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
My stepdad blames everything on me even if I didn't do it, and he treats my brother better. My brother is really lazy and thinks he can do whatever he wants which includes walking into my room without knocking and taking whatever he wants. I can't stand either of them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
My parents want me to go for more lucrative jobs while I prefer the steady job I have right now by far. It would be fine if they ever shut up about how important it is to reach for the stars and all that crap.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
Oh boy oh boy my kind of thread.

Oldest sister - Tried to run my life with her husband. While I appreciate that she cares about me and wanted to act like a mother to me, she needed to understand that I don't need a "mother" influence in my life and I can handle things myself. I think I was about 17 when I told her to finally back off and to let me make my own decisions. Her husband also tried to force me to clean their dishwasher one time, under the guise of "When you move out you need to know how to do this" and I told him "When I move out I'll figure it out then." It's just the sort of "We have life experience and you don't" attitude about the both of them that sort of pisses me off. Thankfully, they had a kid and they've managed to back off my back.

Other sister - Total *****. She has special needs but I don't even feel bad about saying it anymore. I love her to pieces, but I've spent the last three years of my life arguing with her because she doesn't know when to shut the hell up. I give, and give, and give, and she just sort of throws it all back in my face. I legitimately do not like her and I do not plan to talk to her after I move out. Should she ever need help I'll be there for her, but not for much else. :/

Father - Great guy, although he treats me like a little kid and it's aggravating. He also thinks that he's always right, but not in an overly obnoxious way? Like he'll say his opinion or side of the story and automatically expect you to agree with him afterwards. When I say "I understand where you're coming from", it's not an automatic agreement. I've found that in the last few years he's become more wishy-washy and prone to whims. I'm just frustrated with him as well and there's not much he can really do about it.

tbf I've been emotionally independent since I was like 15 so this shouldn't be much of a surprise. If I really wanted to I could have moved out since I had a job, but meh.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
my sister changing her mind at the last mintue when everything as been set for a day out, then take her children for that day. inoring the fact my daughter was expecting a day out with us all so then it upsets her.

that is the only thing I can think of right now.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Mother- She occasionally can get way too mad about little things

Sisters-steal my stuff like my shampoo and not give it back, and I do not have endless money to replace it, why do they not understand >.>

Dad- can be kind of a jerk at times.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Brother: He's a jerk at times and he constantly gets himself into stupid messes by refusing to learn from his past mistakes.

Sister: We rarely talk but she hates me.

Mother: She loves to play the guilt card. LOVES it.

Years
My brother is just a large jerk and he knows it, only because he's 10 years older than me. My mom is vague in directions and she dislikes it whenever things don't go her way. My dad is a very forgetful person and he is often complaining about the smallest of issues (e.g. he'll scream for 5 minutes over a simple spill). I could go on, but I'll stop it at that.

Years
My mom is panicky and always edgy, I wish she wasn't so unnerving less of the time. I'm a crappy brother, always distracting my sister when she needs to get work done - but maybe I'm training her focusing skills :P Dad sometimes doesn't take no for an answer, it can be horrible in the wrong situation. But mostly they're alright.

FlyingBird

Banned
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
[FONT=&quot]My brother is always arguing with me. I don't like it.[/FONT]

Years
Dad - He cusses a bit too often, and it's a bad habit that I picked up.

Mom - She can get very temperamental, has that traditionalist christian thinking so we argue fairly often, and is overly sensitive about video games. (For example, she thinks Legend of Zelda will encourage me to kill people with swords)

Sister - She has always that annoying Prima donna attitude towards everything.

I suppose as a side note I don't hate my family and it's just nitpicking on my part but on a topic like this I guess I have to do some nitpicking.

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I love my immediate family.
My mom can be a bit sensitive to others' comments at times and I wish she wouldn't take it to heart as much.. and my dad smokes and I HATE that and wish he would quit (though he recently went down from smoking like 15 a day to 7 a day which is great and I hope he keeps it up.)
Other than that, I get along well with my Mom, Dad, and brother.

Sirfetch’d

My mom can be worrisome at times and I know that she should be because that is what mothers do, but she can really take it too far to the point where she stresses the entire family out.

My dad is a perfectionist and I wish he would let up sometimes.

My brothers are overly annoying. I love them and we get along for the most part, but they know exactly what gets on my nerves and they will do whatever it takes to frustrate me sometimes.

Years
My dad is really sarcastic and cracks jokes too often. :( It can get kind of annoying. My brother is 8 so I dislike pretty much everything about him for now haha, and my mom... she can get kind of paranoid, though not to an extreme extent.

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I really don't have any issue with my family, I love them all to pieces and they're always there for me. We do argue and disagree on things, but we really do get along great.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
Years
Overall, my family is pretty good. My family gets along pretty well. I do have a few jerk relatives, mostly in my extended family.

People I have issues with:

Bashir - He's the husband of one of my older cousins. He's rather cocky and self-righteous. Another thing is that he's very impulsive. He actually got in trouble for beating up my dad's younger brother. He was arrested, but his dad bailed him out.

Imran - My second cousin who is 23 years older than me. When his grandmother (my paternal grandpa's oldest sister) died, he made it obvious that he was eyeing her property in Lebanon. My aunt's husband was quite well-to-do, and he had property holdings. Imran's oldest son is also a real brat, and he gets to play violent video games despite only being 11.

Nada - One of my dad's maternal cousins. She's very catty and manipulative. She hates kids, so she and her (now ex) husband never had any. She also had a really nasty cat who she treated like a queen. It scratched my brother. I called her cat Lucifer after the Disney one. Its actual name was Sabeen, and I named my first Liepard after it. When that cat died last December I was so happy.

Hussein - My mum's sister's ex. He acted like a pig to everyone (especially me), and he had sympathy for Hezbollah. I was so glad that my aunt divorced him. Of course, he recently got married again - to some dumb chick who's younger than his own daughter.

Years
The fact I always fight with them, ugh. I even hate my own brother because he sometimes disconnects me from the battle server, and my mother always scolds me for little things. Yeah talk about family conflict all the time!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I love my family, because they're the closest people to me, they never make me feel alone in any situation, and I know that everything they do is for my benefit. The only thing that I don't like about them is that, sometimes, they could be forceful. Even though I'm old enough to make my own decisions, they could still make me do things that I don't want to do.

Back